Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Rating Do You Want CU to Have

LawtoweenLawtoween Member UncommonPosts: 103

I'm using the movie ratings since I know them much better than the game ratings.  I realize they don't have a 1-to-1 correlation.

Personally I am hoping for no more than PG-13 (and possibly PG depending on whether that's even possible with a game that is based on battles).  The reason I favor this over R is not related to gore or realistic violence (if it can be included without slowing performance more power to ya).  What I'm really asking about is from the nudity/suggestive material side.  I'm not a prude, I have no issue with seeing it, but rather than an R rating discouraging teens from playing a game, I think it draws them to it.  I would much rather have a mature (from a mental consideration, not necessarily actual age) community that is playing the game for the co-operative, strategy and competition aspects, than the opportunity to play a character that is titillating do to some appearance inherent to the character.  I think most MMO games have gone overboard in this respect and truly hope that along with being different in so many other ways, CSE will buck that trend as well.

Comments

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

the game doesn't need blood spewing from people each time they get hit or women running around in lace tops with nipples showing through. PG is fine, gameplay > all. also being an online game I'm not sure it gets a rating.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

I totally want a G-Rated Camelot Unchained.  When my bolt of thunder strikes an enemy dead, I want his body to explode into swarm of beautiful bunnies and colorful frogs.  When a trebuchet fires upon a structure, it's a rainbow of wonder that obliterates the walls.  Instead of slaying the keep lord, we run in and spam /hug.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    PG is fine.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ArcherBullseyeArcherBullseye Member Posts: 77

Lol... Sadly any rating they 'want' it to be can not be.  Because its online and interacting with others it does not get assigned a 'static' rating like other games or tv shows.  You cant rate 'real life' experences. :-)

And hi!

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by skyexile

the game doesn't need blood spewing from people each time they get hit or women running around in lace tops with nipples showing through. PG is fine, gameplay > all. also being an online game I'm not sure it gets a rating.

Exactly my thoughts. I liked how DAOC handled both aspects. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253

PG-13 or R. I'd be perfectly fine with a more gritty "M for Mature" rating.

• VanshoodieVanshoodie Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

I totally want a G-Rated Camelot Unchained.  When my bolt of thunder strikes an enemy dead, I want his body to explode into swarm of beautiful bunnies and colorful frogs.  When a trebuchet fires upon a structure, it's a rainbow of wonder that obliterates the walls.  Instead of slaying the keep lord, we run in and spam /hug.

With your primary ability being a Care Bear Stare!

• tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

I kinda like the mature theme myself.

Should it be forced on people? no.

But if two people want to roleplay a relationship inside a game, 2 consenting adults, in their own in game home, and want their characters to be naked, I wouldn't be opposed to that. Adult animations? Fine with me.

In my oppinion, being able to roleplay relationships, enhances the roleplay experience. Lots of people roleplay as girlfriend/boyfriend and or husband/wife.

Will it happen in this game? I'm sure it won't. Should it happen in this game? Sure, why not?

It would completely elimate the teenage crowd from the game, given that to access content like that they would have to be verified adults. I guess some parents are dumb enough to allow their kids to play games like that, but hey, thats not our fault.

Just my 2 copper.

• PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167

Let's rate it "E" for everyone and then fill it with blood, guts, and beheadings.

Ok, Ok, just "E" for everyone, and instead of dying, you just get "Bonked" on the head and get taken back to the spawn point by the ambulance.

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by taurak

But if two people want to roleplay a relationship inside a game, 2 consenting adults, in their own in game home, and want their characters to be naked, I wouldn't be opposed to that. Adult animations? Fine with me.

In my oppinion, being able to roleplay relationships, enhances the roleplay experience. Lots of people roleplay as girlfriend/boyfriend and or husband/wife.

Will it happen in this game? I'm sure it won't. Should it happen in this game? Sure, why not?

It would completely elimate the teenage crowd from the game, given that to access content like that they would have to be verified adults. I guess some parents are dumb enough to allow their kids to play games like that, but hey, thats not our fault.

Just my 2 copper.

That would be taking erotic roleplay to an entire new level.  I would never support a game developer that actually wanted to include something like this in their game.  I lol'd really hard in my head when I read that it would eliminate the teenage crowd, as they usually play off their parent's credit card anyway.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

Credit card yes, though they would have to verify their age, vie social security number or drivers liscense number.

I know a game that alredy does that. And yeah I know, its not going to happen in this game, but in reality I wouldn't see the problem with it myself.

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

I am willing to bet it will be rated "T for Teen" in North America and "PEGI 12" in Europe, with the usual disclaimer that "online interactions are not rated," or however that is phrased.

However, those ratings mean alcohol and tobacco would be out, which is a real shame. I am not a smoker and not much of a drinker, but I like seeing those options in my fantasy games. Who doesn't like some good dwarven ale? Unfortunately, alcohol and tobacco references in video games often bump them up a tier these days, so they are usually cut out.

Anyway, we will see.

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Personally, I want to smoke, drink, gamble, and shag. But when I log on I just wanna craft  :P

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by taurak

Just my 2 copper.

I don't know, if this were in DAoC, I can think of some nightmare scenarios involving trolls and lurikeens that probably even adults shouldnt have to see.

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

Reminds me of the TF2 Pyro.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Mature.  I'd hate to see them water down anything to achieve a more kid friendly rating.
  • BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Mature with lots of blood, guts, gore, and boobies.
  • LawtoweenLawtoween Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by ArcherBullseye

Lol... Sadly any rating they 'want' it to be can not be.  Because its online and interacting with others it does not get assigned a 'static' rating like other games or tv shows.  You cant rate 'real life' experences. :-)

And hi!

Hey Arch, great to see you here!

I completely forgot about the "Unrated due to on-line interactions" thing.  None-the-less, one of the big reasons I never played AoC was that I had kids in my house and I knew I wouldn't be able to play the game while they were awake.

• OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Doesn't matter to me, though I lean towards mature.
    Originally posted by Sornin

I am willing to bet it will be rated "T for Teen" in North America and "PEGI 12" in Europe, with the usual disclaimer that "online interactions are not rated," or however that is phrased.

However, those ratings mean alcohol and tobacco would be out, which is a real shame. I am not a smoker and not much of a drinker, but I like seeing those options in my fantasy games. Who doesn't like some good dwarven ale? Unfortunately, alcohol and tobacco references in video games often bump them up a tier these days, so they are usually cut out.

Anyway, we will see.

I hadn't thought about the controlled substance impact.  That would be a shame if we couldn't get together at an inn (that someone paid $5,000 to get) and could only toast with rootbeer!

I can just see the internal testing this comment will generate next April 1.