Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 3 most anticipated MMO's in 2013 (in your opinion)

Only titles with 2013 release date

"MMO's not traditional MMORPG's" so we can see wider variety of titles. Some will only have one anticipated MMO others might have none. Regardless,

Example: Copy/Paste

I'm looking forward to because:

MMO I'm currently playing:

Leave blank if "none"

I'm currently playing Path of Exile. I am enjoying it because it's a great, totally F2P multiplayer ARPG. GGG proved to the playerbase that you can deliver a high quality MMO that is also totally free to play, so props to them.

Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

#1. WildStar

#3.

The reason is that the game captures a lot of the 'fun' of gaming that I've missed lately. It doesn't try to re-invent the genre while embracing new concepts. The housing looks amazing too.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

I'm look forward to because: n/a

MMO I'm currently playing: WoW maybe an hour or two every couple of weeks.

That about sums it up.

• TokenaruTokenaru Member Posts: 58

#1 Final Fantasy 14 A Realms Reborn

#2 Blade and Soul (If they dont butcher it in the westernization process)

#3 TBD...

I'm look forward to because: Final Fantasy has a special place in my heart and I am really excited by what ive seen gameplay-wise thus far.

MMO I'm currently playing: WoW but I pretty much stopped at level 88 and just lost all interest, MOP is pretty for what it is but it just feels like the same crap over and over again.

• WinterhoundWinterhound Member Posts: 66

#1 ArcheAge (because of its sandbox promise)

#2 Final Fantasy XIV (because of its promise to undo the first FF14 and it looks beautiful)

#3 The Elder Scroll Online (because of its promise of vast lore/world)

MMO I'm currently playing: GW2

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

#1. Wildstar

#2. ArcheAge

#3. Elder Scrolls

Wildstar because it looks like it might have the potential to bring back the magic vanilla WoW had. The devs are pretty in tune with the community. Few things that are almost deal breakers for me, so we'll see how it pans out. 

ArcheAge just looks cool to me. Combat system is less than stellar, but I'm not a pitchfork wielding hater of tab target, as long as it is a bit more than just stand still and press attack, and ArcheAge seems a bit more interesting.

Elder Scrolls because there really isn't anything else on the horizon I care about.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

#1 Elder scrolls

#2 Final Fantasy

#3 Archeage

Elder scrolls because well i love the games always have.

Final Fantasy because i wanna see if they can do good like they did with 11.

Archeage i just wanna be a pirate damn it! image

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

1. ESO

2. Archeage

3. FFXIV RR

With Neverwinter pulling a close 4th. Hard to anticipate it though, when I've already played inbeta and know I'll be playing at launch.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

#1 Elder Scrolls

#2 Archeage

#3 Wildstar

MMO I'm currently playing: N/A

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

1-archeage

2-the repopulation

3-

not playing anything at the moment

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

#1  Elder Scrolls Online

#2  ArcheAge

#3  Wildstar Online

I'm look forward to because:  They look different enough but familiar enough as well to fullfill my need for a good mmorpg or 3

MMO I'm currently playing:  WoW/Lotro/GW2 and betas for Neverwinter and FFXIV Realm Reborn.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

#1 ArchAge

#2 Elder Scrolls

#3 Possibly Neverwinter

I'm look forward to because: I look forward to ArcheAge because it seems to have a good mix of play.

MMO I'm currently playing: I currenty play WOW and Vanguard.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Maybe AA, but no others look very good, not even Wildstar(since I have learned more about it).   Cannot wait for Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.  :)
  • EzRdrEzRdr Member UncommonPosts: 40

#1 ESO

#2 Neverwinter

#3 Wildstar

I'm look forward to because: Neverwinter has player created content, ESO has a wealth of lore to build upon, Wildstar looks like an interesting distraction.

MMO I'm currently playing: GW2, PS2, some LotRO.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

#1 wildstar

playing tera and warframe.

I'm not really interested in any of the other mmos this year

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

#1 Black Desert

#2 Bless

#3 Neverwinter

Because?

Black Desert because its 100% open world, dungeons and all, massive in size, looks great, seiges already in place and it isnt even in beta yet. Potential is massive.

Bless because its a full open world with vindictus style combat, detailed story and killer BAMs.

Neverwinter, simple...the foundry is actually a powerful tool to create content with, seen it in beta and I can already tell I can bring my P&P stories to life with it. The content can be endless in this game.

Currently playing, GW2 and occasionally logging into LoTRo, EQ2, Tera, DCU, AoC (depending on guild events and what I am in the mood for).

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    none really the only MMO even on my radar is World of Darkness, pretty much anything else is only cause my friends are playing and even then its all pretty meh to me im still playing older games

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36

#1.       Wildstar

#2.       Elder Scrolls Online

#3.       ArchAge

Wildstar: because they are dressing end game and hard-core players i.e. 10/20/40 man raids

Elder scrolls online: pretty much because I’m a fan boy since oblivion, pretty concerned with the combat and actually don’t believe Elder scrolls online will fulfill my wants and needs i.e. raids and endgame

Archage: sandbox

currently playing: World of Warcraft, Firefall

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Does a Korean 2013 release date count?  Does a localization from Korea to the US count as a 2013 release date?  Does an unknown release date with a possibility of 2013 count?  I'll assume these 3 are okay.  Anyway my opinion on the 3 most anticipated:

1.  The Elder Scrolls Online - It's going to really popular, and a lot of Elder Scrolls fans as well as MMO fans are anticipating it.

2.  Wildstar - Seems to be doing a lot right on the marketing end, and getting a lot of good press lately.

3.  Archeage - Sandbox/themepark hybrid people have been waiting for, though hype level is no where near as high as the other two since it released in Korea and the US is stuck waiting with no announced release date.

Now, my personal anticipation list:

1.  Black Desert Online - Looks fantastic, has a good mix of themepark/sandbox, and action oriented combat.  Has a lot of really unique features like a dynamic weather system, parkour, mounted combat (with drifting), and unique guild system.  Seems to have large scale PvE (raiding) and PvP (castle/keep sieging).  Except this to be the sleeper hit of 2013.

2.  EQ Next - Though nothing is really known about this aside from it will be a heavy sandbox, EQ2 is one of the most underrated MMOs, and what little SOE devs have been saying seems like they understand the direction MMOs need to be heading.  This could possibly revitalize SoE entirely.  I can say I'm definitely excited to hear the announcement at the Fanfaire on August 1st.

3.  Wildstar - I previously could care less about this.  The art style is very WoWish and combat didn't look as interesting as it could been, but recent information about the game as made this title a lot more interesting such as raiding and housing development focuses.  Also, in light of new information on Archeage, Blade and Soul, and Elder Scrolls these games are looking significantly less appealing to me.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

1. The repopulation - This will probally be the best game out this year.. or at least its looking that way.

2. Archeage - This might not make it this year but I would think there would be at least a beta test.

Nothing else really im not aware of any other MMOs confirmed this year that im looking forward to.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

None really for me, games like Wildstar is just the newest wow-clone in a new skin, hell most of the up coming mmo's are what wildstar is, boring wow clones in diffrent skins.

Archeage is probally going to be infested by grifers/assholes so thats out.

The repopulation sounds like it can be good if they deliver what they promise.. not that I expect them to, no dev ever does.

MMO I am playing now? currently none, I was playing rift for a while, and in the FF14: ARR beta.

Only mmo I plan to play so far is FF14: ARR to see the changes, but I already dislike how they wowified the game so much already. Though the crafting changes were great.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

1.  EverQuest Next

2.  Elder Scrolls Online

3.  Wildstar / Archeage

Currently Playing:  Planetside 2, Guildwars 2, SWTOR and EQ2.

I'm really looking forward to a more virtual world oriented game in EverQuest Next.  I love the Elder Scrolls IP, but I'm a bit leery of the PvP focus of ESO and the action combat was never part of the draw for me.  Those are the only two that I really have a great interest in playing.  Wildstar and Archeage are really going to depend on a couple of things.  One is dependent on their focus for end game.  If it is raiding, then I'll probably not bother with either.  The other is the PvP aspect, if it's really going to be a free for all gank fest like I've heard, then that is another non-starter for Archeage.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Nothing realy seems all WoW clones or Lineage2 clones and all themeaprks no thx.

ESO themepark no thx

Archage another korian grinder L2 look alike no thx

If sandbox wildwest cowboy/indian/trainrobber/stagecoach hold up settlement caravan mmo planned im interested.

Or sandbox with vampiers and wherewolfs.

Or sandbox ala dayz no numbers stats armor/gear treatmill anymore pure survival simulation mmo im interested.

But seems my wishes will never happen so none im waiting for.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Not really amazing year for MMOs from my pespective. 

Wildstar would probably be one I'll keep an eye on, even tho I doubt I'll play it. It seems they have some neat ideas there, and that's always good for the iterative process that MMOs are. 

ESO, I'm curious how it will turn out, but don't have high hopes for it at all. It may turn out okayish, but I'm afraid the franchise will be the strong point of the game rather than it's core systems. 

Neveriwnter, only because of Foundry and whatw ill happenw ith it and because I can't think of any other title for this year at this point. 

Most of it is however just curiosity how they will affect the landscape for future rather than genuine interest in playing them. 

• Fuel68Fuel68 Member Posts: 41

#1. WildStar

#3.

Wildstar and its developers are placing an emphasis on endgame content (Elder Games/Raiding) as well as other features that fit my MMO gaming playstyle/philosophy (ie pvping, crafting, community-building, etc).  For this, I will be more than happy to subscribe to.  The rest of the "other" titles being mentioned for release later this year or beyond raise multiple concerns which will impinge on my gaming fun/entertainment--ie lack of: endgame content, pve content, etc.

• pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111

1. Elder Scrolls

2. ArcheAge

3. Darkfall UW