Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming Back - What to do at 60?

baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

What should I be pursuing at 60? Are there specific dungeons? Have raids come out for TERA yet? I want to hit the ground running.

I have seen a couple positive things about Tera now, and I am interested in playing again.

The problem is: I am disoriented.

I have a 60 Warrior and a 45 Lancer. I want to dive back in with the Warrior.

Also - Quest bug?

Here is something that is freaking me out. I have turned in a couple quests and it has told me that my quest log is full when I do it... like there is a follow-up that I couldn't get. And my log still shows 30/30 Zone Quests.

Someone please make a good MMO.

Comments

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Grind BGs.

Grind MCNM until you can grind MCHM.

Nexus.

That's about it.

• BigbadwlfBigbadwlf Member UncommonPosts: 117

Tera actually has plenty to offer endgame.  There's 4 major paths to progression, each will take you months to achieve.

PvE Progression - This is standard MMO faire, you do your dailies to get reputation crystals, and you do the dungeons to get the gear.  I have to count again but it looks like Tera has about 10 endgame 5 man dungeons, each harder than the last, so it will keep you busy in terms of gear progression.

PvP Progression- You get ranks in PvP, which give you better access to more PvP gear.  Tera has a 3vs3 arena type battle ground, and a 15 vs 15 objective based battle ground.  I don't know if the rewards are different for each one, but I believe so.  If you get the highest battleground rank you get special buffs that turn your character evil with red eyes and a dark aura and you can pretty much one shot people.

Guild Progression- This is a unique feature in Tera, the Vanarch system is not something to be overlooked, it's probably the most important progression if you are a serious player trying to make a name yourself.  I would strongly suggest moving to a PvP server, where guilds are constantly making alliances and battling each other over territories in the game.  When you win a territory you don't get to do much besides set vender prices and turning off/on PvP (on PvP servers).  But you get a cool mount and you become recognized as a bad ass on the server.  Getting your guild elected Vanarch focuses mainly on interacting with the community directly instead of just the game.

Cosmetic Progression-  Now that the game is F2P, being able to make money has become a huge deal.  Masterworking gear and buying/selling cash shop items with in-game gold can get you access to a lot of items that the other three progressions do not give you. The cosmetic stuff is really more about personalizing your character, and it's a huge money sink to create the perfect style that you want.

Nexus and Crafting- Regardless of what you choose, Nexus and crafting is mandatory to achieving your goals.  I don't personally like doing the Nexus, as I like to have control over my own play times and my PC is not that great to handle the swarms of players.  In fact it was a deal breaker for me that caused me to leave Tera months ago.  But the new Nexus is at least tolerable now, and it's a one time thing.  Once you have the reputation you don't have to worry about doing it again.  Same with crafting.

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

Thank you both for your replies.

I will make sure I am set on my Warrior's dps rotation/prioritization and gear/crystal selection.

Thanks!

May as well play this. 

Someone please make a good MMO.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    I'm thinking about playing this game but I'm worried about population a little. Am I going to log in and find it hard to find groups for leveling etc..?
  • khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Trionicus
    I'm thinking about playing this game but I'm worried about population a little. Am I going to log in and find it hard to find groups for leveling etc..?

no, since the game gone f2p, there are alot of new players.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Bigbadwlf

Tera actually has plenty to offer endgame.  There's 4 major paths to progression, each will take you months to achieve.

PvE Progression - This is standard MMO faire, you do your dailies to get reputation crystals, and you do the dungeons to get the gear.  I have to count again but it looks like Tera has about 10 endgame 5 man dungeons, each harder than the last, so it will keep you busy in terms of gear progression.

PvP Progression- You get ranks in PvP, which give you better access to more PvP gear.  Tera has a 3vs3 arena type battle ground, and a 15 vs 15 objective based battle ground.  I don't know if the rewards are different for each one, but I believe so.  If you get the highest battleground rank you get special buffs that turn your character evil with red eyes and a dark aura and you can pretty much one shot people.

Guild Progression- This is a unique feature in Tera, the Vanarch system is not something to be overlooked, it's probably the most important progression if you are a serious player trying to make a name yourself.  I would strongly suggest moving to a PvP server, where guilds are constantly making alliances and battling each other over territories in the game.  When you win a territory you don't get to do much besides set vender prices and turning off/on PvP (on PvP servers).  But you get a cool mount and you become recognized as a bad ass on the server.  Getting your guild elected Vanarch focuses mainly on interacting with the community directly instead of just the game.

Cosmetic Progression-  Now that the game is F2P, being able to make money has become a huge deal.  Masterworking gear and buying/selling cash shop items with in-game gold can get you access to a lot of items that the other three progressions do not give you. The cosmetic stuff is really more about personalizing your character, and it's a huge money sink to create the perfect style that you want.

Nexus and Crafting- Regardless of what you choose, Nexus and crafting is mandatory to achieving your goals.  I don't personally like doing the Nexus, as I like to have control over my own play times and my PC is not that great to handle the swarms of players.  In fact it was a deal breaker for me that caused me to leave Tera months ago.  But the new Nexus is at least tolerable now, and it's a one time thing.  Once you have the reputation you don't have to worry about doing it again.  Same with crafting.

dont listen to this guy. once i hit 60 i was able to do ACNM repeatedly. once i got a full t14 set of gear to +9 enchatn level i started doing MCNM and ACHM. once i got a my weapon to +12, started doing MCHM which is the hardest dungeon the game has to offer. all in all, about a month after i hit 60, bit less.

Tera has alot of 58+ dungeons to do yes, but 90% of those are just farm status so you can get MES or t14 fodder, you don't do them for actual gear. the only dungeons you do for gear are ACHM and MCNM/MCHM. The rest is just farm for gold/MES/t14 fodder for enchanting your gear.

You will never be a vanarch if you're just now coming into the game. So don't even bother trying. Crafting is completely worthless except crafting Visionmaker set which is best set in game atm and also a very very small amount of items that you can craft for unique skins. Alchemy has its uses though. Everything else is worthless as such a small percentage of players even attempt for visionmaker.

Can't speak for the pvp aspect as i don't pvp.

tl;dr Tera doesn't have tons of endgame dungeons to do, it only has 3, AC/MC/CoF and you can get geared enough to start doing them within 3 weeks of hitting 60. Crafting is 99% pointless outside of VM set and small number of unique skins.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

There's not much of an endgame in Tera so far, you gonna grind/repeat the same few instances/daily quests/BG over and over. There most likely will be some more additions, like BHS adding a second battleground and them copying WvW from GW2 but they don't have the potential to change the endgame much.

A pity that BHS denies the players any reason to do open world pvp simply by giving players no reason to visit the open world. I really don't get it why they don't copy some instance bosses into the open world, double their stats, multiply their HP with 100, then adding some decent items. Few days of work for them, months of open world pvp fun for us.

LFG!
  • VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    even release swtor had more endgame than tera,  dont return tera if u want endgame. youll  regret it. its only playable as casual
  • eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by Vembumees
    even release swtor had more endgame than tera,  dont return tera if u want endgame. youll  regret it. its only playable as casual

That's only true if you are a PVE ONLY player. Tera PVP entertains me since open beta and it will most likely keep me entertained for some more months. The PVE got some weaknesses, especially since it got nerfed and then even more nerfed and most stuff including 5 man instances is soloable/duoable these days.

LFG!
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

No it's the other way around. TERA's endgame is only playable as a hardcore player with a static. Whether you're into PvP via BGs and 3's, or whether you enjoy the HM dungeons, all are best done via static groups. In BGs and 3's you'll get stomped by the statics and the HM dungeons are nigh impossible with randoms (if you can even form a random group - that alone is unlikely) because of the punishing mechanics and coordination required. It does indeed have a severe lack of endgame content so you'll be repeating the content a lot, but you need to find a good guild to play with and then pray they don't get bored and quit.

Now if all you wanna do is level alts than yea, you can be as casual as you like. But at 60 the only casual content you can do is daily quests, Nexus/NT, and EBG (which is only temporary anyway). So as a casual at 60 there is not much for you to do. I would not reccomend queueing for anything in the IMS at 60 since you will just get a bunch of retards. If you want to do any instances, go with people you know.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Maybe if you're a PvE player, definitely not if you PvP and are part of a big guild, drama, drama, PKING, dueling, 3v3 arena, GvG.

• DubricusDubricus Member Posts: 5

Been playing since lunch and at 60 u mainly do Dailies for quick cash and rep point to buy t14 gold fodder, Nexus when its up (thanks god it not the lag fest it used to be, now it take less than 30 in to do nodes and NT). As for PVE, the only dungeons that are worth doing are CoF to get the attack speed necklace and MCHM to get Quill to craft Vision Maker gear (and to get regen stuff to sell and make gold). All other dungeons are useless unless u need advance glyph (u will need to farm ToT and SG a lot, but u can buy the badges/talent instead of grinding) or ur trying to get VM recipies, but u can get full PVE geared and ready to MCHM without leaving town, just buying every piece u need (except for VM). For world PVE u can farm BAMs to get Vitrols for selling or crafting VM (and getting other stuff that can be usefull to get gold as semienigmatic scrolls, crystal binds, etc)

As for PVP, options are BGs, 3v3 arenas and GvGs. The main problem with regards pvp is the fact that gear makes a HUGE difference so unless u get into a Guild that can carry u on premade bg groups (5 ppl queuing for a bg as a party) u may get realy frustrated cause ppl with enchantable pvp gear will 1 shot u a lot. The good thing is that they changed fraywind prices and getting nexus credits is quite easy now so getting conjunct +12 isnt that hard as it used to be, and with a couple of weeks of bg and nexus grindig ull get it. Even with conjunct +12 u can be easily killed buy ppl with VM weaps (this gear has not only pvp stats but pve stats that affect pvp dmg as from behind and knockdown dmg that makes them really powerful)

As for 3v3, its main problem is the lack of ppl queuing to it. Ths is because unless ur full conjunct +12 ull have a really hard time against hard core pvp players, this makes ppl dont want to queue and beacuse ppl dont queue if u do so, u most like end up in a very long waiting time and matched up against a really good geared team, so its kind of a vicious circle

GvGs are fun if both guild have similar fighting power, but most GvGs are declared during nexus were on side stomps the other. Some guild try to get 10vs10/20vs20 with other guidls for fun world pvp, but theres no really incentive to do WPVP, maybe thing change once the federatin patch goes live if that ever happens

Hope this is usefull and sorry for the wall of text

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    There is more to PvE endgame than just AC and MC. You also have Sirjuka's Gallery and Temple of Temirty for advanced glyphs. For some of the easier classes you can get by without them but for certain classes, especially in PvP its a must.

PvP gear progression I believe goes BG set, conjunct (crafted with BG set + Nexus set), 3v3 set (or maybe this comes before conjunct, nobody really does this anyway), and visionmaker

PvE goes Nexus, abyss, regeants, visionmaker (I think you have one more but I don't recall)

Most of the gear grind comes from masterworking items (allows you to +12 instead of just +9 equipment), rerolling stats on items, and upgrading).

So yeah you'll probably be doing nexus for the scrolls you need to masterwork and reroll stats, tot and sg for glyphs, and ac and MC for your armor sets. They also have one more pve instance with a leaderboard. Get to the top for a special mount.

On the PvP side you don't have much. Nexus for GvG, BG and 3v3 for gear progression. They are adding a new 20v20 BG and an alliance system soon though.