Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it soloable now?

HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103

don't get me wrong, i played before and LOVED the group aspect of it. However i have much less time now which means i won't always have time to find a party and then get grinding.

so, for the times when im SHORT on time, is the game soloable? i know some people say bst is soloable, but you have to get to lvl 30 before you can get that.

Comments

• TularkTulark Member Posts: 15
    I had heard you can solo a long way to cap in less than a week if you are hardcore
  • LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Simple answer is yes it is and not just on Bst but almost all jobs (unsure about mage jobs).

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Lol, I used to play this game when it was released. Back than you REALLY couldn't take a step outside of the starter areas (lv 8-9?) without really, really needing a group. 

And now, with mostly any job, you can reach endgame SOLO (without requiring group) in less than a week if ur hard-core?

Really? (NOT CRITICIZING YOU GUYS, JUST ASKING). For someone like me, who played the game so many years ago, it is very hard to imagine that :D

So, (just to be sure) nowadays, I can just pick the warrior class (or something) and start kicking ass on my own in FFXI ?

Im asking, coz just like the OP, I effing love grouping but I don't have all the time in the world to play games. In fact, despite my love for MMOs, my time free-time is very limited these days. And I remember back in the day, sometimes we could wait up to 40-60 minutes to get a group rolling. Now an approximetly an hour a day is my TOTAL amount of time to play games, uhuh;(

If the above stated information is correct, I will seriously start considering coming back to the game ;)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Hikaruu

don't get me wrong, i played before and LOVED the group aspect of it. However i have much less time now which means i won't always have time to find a party and then get grinding.

so, for the times when im SHORT on time, is the game soloable? i know some people say bst is soloable, but you have to get to lvl 30 before you can get that.

I know it is an older post but for any future lookers,it has been solo for a very long time,like about 2-3 years ago.

Yes i made a new player and BST is easily the best solo class.I even used /bst on other classes to speed up the killing.Example i could go anything/bst and use the charmed pet as a puller and take no damage myself.

Dancer is a good solo class as well but sort of lacks in dps,hence why i would go dnr/bst.Also going /bst gives you the option of charming adds.You have to be pretty good with macros and playing your BST.Basically if you get an add just have your pet move from to another,then if he dies you still have the option to charm one of the remaining two.

Also in not time from both Blue and brown treasure caskets,you will amount several healing or MP pots for that added safety net.

The soloing is done just like the Alliance book burns only you solo.The bonus is that you keep all drops and can stop and rest anytime you want.You would be going for speed killing,so D/C 's max,Even Match if you have no spawns and some TP built up.Best place imo is the underground maps.At the books you can also buy items or buffs using your accumulated TABS.So buy Reraise and if you die you got the instant raise.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.