Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Update 8.5 Details Rumble Forth

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming has announced the details of the latest World of Tanks game update. Most notable in the upcoming patch will be the inclusion of several premium features that will be made available for free users as well as new German and Soviet tanks.

Starting in Update 8.5, players will be able to purchase all premium consumables with silver credits. In addition, all players, both paying and non-paying, will be able to create 3-member platoons and companies.

The German tech tree will see a new line of iconic medium tanks added to their ranks, topped by the Leopard 1, a deadly Tier X all-rounder effective in both long-range and close combat.

Check out the details firsthand on the World of Tanks public test server.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

im sooo confused by this now...  they are letting you buy every tank based item for silver now?? so the only real reason to buy prem is for +xp and +silver ??? @_@

glad they finally let freebies make plats. though i play solo its nice actually being able to :/

• DalaimocDalaimoc Member UncommonPosts: 29
    maybe you missed the word consumables

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its another step in the right direction.. tho its not like anyone ever used consumables that you had to use gold for LOL.. infact i totally forgot they even existed until i read this..

Yes if you pay for a premium acconut you will still gain extra xp..

Other changes are really nice.. over the last few months do to the lack of any MMORPGs to play i have played WOT quite a bit and I must say its probally one of my most favourite games around at the moment.. it can get annoying with pub teams as some players have no idea LOL but i guess i was like that when i first started playing..

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453
    Originally posted by Ichmen

im sooo confused by this now...  they are letting you buy every tank based item for silver now?? so the only real reason to buy prem is for +xp and +silver ??? @_@

glad they finally let freebies make plats. though i play solo its nice actually being able to :/

Increased barracks,removing modules,extra tank slots,retraining crews,etc. There are still plenty of reasons for premium if you are a fan. I wouldnt spend a penny on it untill they fix the crap spotting system.

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476
    This game is one of the very few I cannot get bored with. I play this everyday and at least 2 matches, since release. I spend money on gold because I believe in supporting the company that created something that I love!
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    Originally posted by finnmacool1
    Originally posted by Ichmen

Increased barracks,removing modules,extra tank slots,retraining crews,etc. There are still plenty of reasons for premium if you are a fan. I wouldnt spend a penny on it untill they fix the crap spotting system.

actually barrack space/mod removal and a few others are only related to gold and not prem accounts. prem account only gives you silver/xp bonus and a fancy looking background. unless they changed it freebies can get  gold for free from corp based battles or something. (never joined a corp since CB so cant say for sure on that though)

but basically there isnt any real need for prem now lol. items that was gold only is now slightly more costly but buyable with silver :/