Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO to play?

Me and a bunch of buddies have been looking for a good MMORPG to play together. We were a big guild in swtor and we played guild wars 2 as well. We are trying to find something good to get into. I really don't think WoW is the answer so please don't say that. We played it some of us and the rest don't like it. We are looking for an MMO that has raids, group questing and some good pvp. Open-world PvP wo be awesome too. Traditional type class system is preferred but not mandatory. Thanks for the help guys!

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Well since you already played SWTOR and GW2, and if WoW is off the table I would say Tera.  Mainly becuase it has a great F2P model.  In fact one of the least restrictive I have seen, next to PoE (which isn't an MMO but if you played that, you will know what I mean).  Plus it has the usual themepark fare of quests, group instances, open world PVP.  Not sure about the raids though becuase I havn't leveled that far, though I don't raid anyways so I still wouldn't know.  If you can pass on the open world PVP part then I would also suggest Lotro.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    Tera isn't a bad choice but I am not sure its something the guys would be interested in. The graphics are kind of cartoony and the combat system is kind of weird. Just not sure.
  • khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

well tera could be an option for u guys. its actually a fun game with nice pvp and some good instances. on a pvp-server u would even have open world pvp with guild vs guild. and soon they will bring a patch with 3 aliiances pvp. sadly there are not many raids. the only raid is the nexus which is available 1-2 times a day.

but i also have to warn u guys, i got quickly bored at the endgame.

• marsmercermarsmercer Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I have recently returned to Rift and finding the depth and immersion beautiful since the Storm Legion Ex-pac. Dimensions and wardrobe slots encourage roleplay. PvP is available and competetive through WarFronts--I've been having a blast (and it seems many others are returning as well)!

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    Maybe tera but i don't think rift. What about revisiting Age of Conan?