Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WILDSTAR ....good stuff :)

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I will begin by stating,i do NOT work for MMORPG and i uinderstand how advertisements  shoved in your face can be bad for a games image.I am not easy to please either,but this game has my eye,both of them,it looks to finally bring the FUN FACTOR,so many have been asking for...and then some.

We all know that feeling, a site tells us EVERY single game is great just to appease their advertisers,so eventually we become VERY skeptical.

All i have to say is it looks AMAZING and most important above all>>>FUN.I look at this game and i think Wizard 101 but a million times better and a tad more on the mature level but in a FUN way.

It has been soooooooooooooooo long since i have seen anything that is just plain old FUN with lots of variation,content and innovation.This games  does it all.I think the last game i played that was FUN,was Serious Sam.

I know it is not a mature themed game,but everyone keeps saying FUN matters over everything,well this game has it.

I will be honest,i watched one video and thought ,ok looks fun,what is the catch.So i went looking for more and found 15 listed on the site.I watched them all :).I kept thinking ONE of these videos is going to turn me away or make me cringe and say OK there is the catch.However not one turned me away,it was always fun,fun and more fun.

Rather than ramble any further,i think people should watch some of the videos,heck watch all 15,they are fun.

This has probably been posted before,however for all those that turned a cheek the other way,this might bring those people back to at least have some fun watching the videos.

WILDSTAR VIDEOS

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    i seriously believe this game is gonna take off like a rocket maybe moreso than any other mmo since WoW. can't wait to get my hands on it.

• mrbungle419mrbungle419 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    The more I read, the less interested I become.  I was certainly considering this game but I the more information they release, the more I am 99% sure it will just be another game that caters to the antisocial and lazy.
  • JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by mrbungle419
    The more I read, the less interested I become.  I was certainly considering this game but I the more information they release, the more I am 99% sure it will just be another game that caters to the antisocial and lazy.

Because having a whole path centered around building towns and getting experience from others using what you create is so antisocial.

• mrbungle419mrbungle419 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Joekra

Because having a whole path centered around building towns and getting experience from others using what you create is so antisocial.

There are social aspects of every MMORPG, I am not denying that, but Wildstar certainly seems to be catering to the lowest common denominator with several of their features.  There's no sense in arguing anything outside of how we perceive the game at this point, as none of us have actually played it on a live server or seen how the community will be or how the game will work within that community, but the features they have shown recently have hurt my interest.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

According to the  MMORPG forum, all games, but dead SWG, cater to the antisocial and lazy. Now I'm joking there, but it really doesn't seem far from how people talk here about pretty much every game they come across.

On a side note - "the more I am 99% sure", doesn't really make any sense. Reinforcing your 99%, but not moving it doesn't add up for numbers buddy.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I will begin by stating,i do NOT work for MMORPG and i uinderstand how advertisements  shoved in your face can be bad for a games image.I am not easy to please either,but this game has my eye,both of them,it looks to finally bring the FUN FACTOR,so many have been asking for...and then some.

We all know that feeling, a site tells us EVERY single game is great just to appease their advertisers,so eventually we become VERY skeptical.

All i have to say is it looks AMAZING and most important above all>>>FUN.I look at this game and i think Wizard 101 but a million times better and a tad more on the mature level but in a FUN way.

It has been soooooooooooooooo long since i have seen anything that is just plain old FUN with lots of variation,content and innovation.This games  does it all.I think the last game i played that was FUN,was Serious Sam.

I know it is not a mature themed game,but everyone keeps saying FUN matters over everything,well this game has it.

I will be honest,i watched one video and thought ,ok looks fun,what is the catch.So i went looking for more and found 15 listed on the site.I watched them all :).I kept thinking ONE of these videos is going to turn me away or make me cringe and say OK there is the catch.However not one turned me away,it was always fun,fun and more fun.

Rather than ramble any further,i think people should watch some of the videos,heck watch all 15,they are fun.

This has probably been posted before,however for all those that turned a cheek the other way,this might bring those people back to at least have some fun watching the videos.

WILDSTAR VIDEOS

I watched all those the other night and had the same thoughts!

It has been SOOOO long since I saw a MMO and the first thing that popped into my mind was "This looks like fun!"  And then when I saw all the content this game will offer I was blown away!

Usually it is "Well the pvp looks decent"  "it seems like it has some decent game mechanics" thoughts that pop into my head first...  But I haven't seen a game that made me think of fun since City of Heros and WOW... 

Funny how there are people who worked on both those games that are creating this one...  I guess they have that "Fun" recipe down.

I just hope that this get's launched this year, I really need another MMO to play..  Planetside 2 is boring me to tears right about now...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

The hype machine is churning away.

Be interested in the games development but dont let ur imagination fly to far off the path of reality.  

Me personaly the game looks like a  joke.  But the reality is ive never played the game it could be a good game but I dont know and neither does anyone else not even the Developers. 

Wasnt Serious Sam kinda Kiddie and goofy?  Maybe you just like "Disney" type games.