Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GunZ 2: The Second Duel - Votes Needed for Steam Greenlight!

MiracleDownMiracleDown Member UncommonPosts: 10

A deadline has been set for April 17th. We need as many votes as we can get for this game to be greenlit on Steam, and it's already in the top 100. To those unfamiliar with the series, it's basically being described as, "Devil May Cry with multiplayer." Anyone who's played the original GunZ: The Duel will know this as the sequel to that amazing TPS game. I myself fell in love with the original back in 2005, and have been playing it off and on since. I've very much been looking forward to getting to play its sequel, which will be released on Steam Greenlight after it's accrued enough votes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133839622 

I myself, as I'm sure many others do, appreciate you taking the time to read this message. Thank you.

Halloween

Comments

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Please move this to off-topic.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    OUch! After watching that video I'm wondering if there is a way to vote against a greenlight game on Steam.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    Not my kind of game but I will give ya a vote. Always glad to help an independant. I would definatly post on ther sites since 2 out of 3 people here are pissy douchebags that would rather complain than help out.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

Originally posted by Redcor
    Not my kind of game but I will give ya a vote. Always glad to help an independant. I would definatly post on ther sites since 2 out of 3 people here are pissy douchebags that would rather complain than help out.

Now that's some civility!

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Originally posted by Redcor

Now that's some civility!

O, sorry, I idn't notice your reply up there. It was not aimed at you but rather the complainers and pissers in general. I'm sure your kewl.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    So the video honestly looks exactly the same as the original Gunz game. Map for map, I recognize a couple of them. It maybe has different lighting and a little better textures, but I don't think that was what Gunz needed to be a better game. The rampant hacking was an issue, the hacked lobbies that had infinite kills and deaths was an issue, the pay to win cash shop with weapons that did significantly more damage than you could buy without spending the money was an issue. All of those added up to a very poor performing game that has gone through multiple publishers trying to stay afloat. Unless those issues are fixed (which is doubtful) this game doesn't deserve a greenlight.
  • MiracleDownMiracleDown Member UncommonPosts: 10

OUch! After watching that video I'm wondering if there is a way to vote against a greenlight game on Steam.  
    "In a society where every man works for himself, individual incentive, working for one's self. If people worked for one's self, there wouldn't be the electric light, there wouldn't be engines and powered vehicles, there wouldn't be electrification and reservoirs and water purification. These are processes that help all people. And processes that help single people is a very primitive value system carried into this century, which is really not necessary."

- Jacque Fresco

Originally posted by Panther2103
    So the video honestly looks exactly the same as the original Gunz game. Map for map, I recognize a couple of them. It maybe has different lighting and a little better textures, but I don't think that was what Gunz needed to be a better game. The rampant hacking was an issue, the hacked lobbies that had infinite kills and deaths was an issue, the pay to win cash shop with weapons that did significantly more damage than you could buy without spending the money was an issue. All of those added up to a very poor performing game that has gone through multiple publishers trying to stay afloat. Unless those issues are fixed (which is doubtful) this game doesn't deserve a greenlight.

This is where private servers came in, creating hackproof and weaponry-balanced sanctuaries for people who treasured what they found in the original game.

Concerned about "K-style" or hacking in GunZ 2? This read is for you!

• lindenmeyerlindenmeyer Member UncommonPosts: 55

well i agree .. but if gonna have the hacks like on the first one.. no thx xD

wait and see

Originally posted by MiracleDown

"In a society where every man works for himself, individual incentive, working for one's self. If people worked for one's self, there wouldn't be the electric light, there wouldn't be engines and powered vehicles, there wouldn't be electrification and reservoirs and water purification. These are processes that help all people. And processes that help single people is a very primitive value system carried into this century, which is really not necessary."

- Jacque Fresco

Yup, that's why I want to help as many people as I can to avoid this crap.

Yup, that's why I want to help as many people as I can to avoid this crap.

How would you know it was crap if you haven't played it? (I'm basing this question, of course, on your initial response, which is misleading if you have actually played the game.)

In regards to your disparaging, I'm of the mindset where I don't want to control what you can and can't play. I do understand that other people do not follow this same mindset, but I do not understand why they would hold to those critical positions so vehemently. What good is that honestly doing for anyone?

Voting for this project leaves it open to the public for those who are interested and want to play it - no one's forcing you to play something you're not interested in. Just because I hold certain opinions of the games you play, or the movies you enjoy, doesn't mean I should limit you from enjoying those means of entertainment, especially if you're asking the public for awareness in promoting those games or movies. Why would you want to prevent that yourself?

As a greenlit game, it'll be absolutely free to play. There's no risk involved in this. If people don't like the game, that's absolutely fine, but they won't know whether or not it is to their liking until they try it themselves. That's the whole point of this greenlight, to see whether or not the game is received well here in North America and elsewhere.

"According from the official account "MAIET Developer" on Steam, Gunz 2 has been confirmed for an estimated second quarter of 2013 in Korea. An ETA for the North American or international versions will be revealed once Gunz 2 has been been given the green light from Steam."

"GunZ 2 is currently on Greenlight evaluation process. As soon as we get 'greenlit' by players, we will then be able to discuss more details with Valve to publish the game. As far as the development of the game goes, I am very confident that we will be able to launch the game in Korea in Q2 2013."

Sounds more like you want to change the definition of the word "vote" to the definition of the word "mandate".
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I thought people worked those jobs helping others because there was pay involved. On top of helping people.
    Sounds more like you want to change the definition of the word "vote" to the definition of the word "mandate".

If you have no investment and are not planning to play the game, then why worry about whether or not other people wanted to play it? All I'm asking for here is for others to support this game. I'm not telling anyone what they can and can't vote, just like I'm telling no one what they can and can't play. What about the game is so reprehensible that you're going to forbid others to play it by voting against it?

You've used the word "mandate" to represent my asking for support in greenlighting this game, but what are you doing by advocating against it and not remaining neutral if the game itself is in obvious support? If nothing actually bothers you on a moral level about this game, especially when you're not even interested in it, why bother voting against it? Why go out of your way to do that to the people who actually want to try it?

Please consider what your motives are in voting against this game. "This game actually looks interesting. I'm looking forward to trying it," "This game is so offensive to me that I don't even want it to be a part of Steam," or "I'm going to remain neutral about it because I realize that some people may enjoy this, even though it isn't something that I'm planning to play myself." If you're voting against this simply because your opinion of the game is completely neutral and you have no plans to play it, why bother voting against it when it won't affect you at all, or anyone else who decide they're not interested? Will it take up some spot on Steam that you're hoping will go to another Steam Greenlight game? If so, I'm more than willing to help you vote for that game to be greenlit. Hell, maybe we could even get them both greenlit. Of course, if it was a game I had no interest in playing, voting against it when I saw that people wanted to play it just wouldn't feel right to me.

I'm in support of this game because I've played its prequel with my girlfriend for years, and we would both really like to try it out. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to prevent that. Of course, if you still want to vote against it, you are completely within your right to do so, and have no need to explain yourself.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Not a fan of Gunz.  The community is horrible and was horrible well before ijji and aeria.  Vote kicks are started against random players and everyone follows through for the sake of being an asshole.

Better yet, Gunz is one of those games where glitching is considered skill.  I have nothing against people voting for a game they like but I find it hard to believe a lot people would find a game like Gunz awesome when you can go to S4 league or one of the other "GunzOnlyBetter" games.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I will vote for it because no mater how salty  and rough that game was it is a play I fondly remember when I was younger.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• Hyperion5182Hyperion5182 Member Posts: 66

Loving the fact there's actual progress on this front! I loved the original till the hacks ruined it. Love the K-style change.

You got my vote!