Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update 06 : Tuatha De Danann Concept

HagnarHagnar Member UncommonPosts: 39

Brand new Update, focus on Tuatha De Danann concept art 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/posts/446010?ref=activity

Born as a berserker, I was also a hero, a bounty hunter, a paladin ,a troubador and a paladin once again during my Mmo''s experiences .. Now travelling in a galaxy looking for a new adventure

Comments

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162

LOL at the duck concept drawing on the whiteboard. image

EDIT: Like the TDD's so far...great start.

• Kryptonite_HiloKryptonite_Hilo Member Posts: 47
    Tits. Totally tits.
  • VanshoodieVanshoodie Member Posts: 34
    I never really invisioned the TDD to be horned/antlered beings. /shrug Other than that i think it looked great.
  • MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    Originally posted by Vanshoodie
    I never really invisioned the TDD to be horned/antlered beings. /shrug Other than that i think it looked great.

A TDD, not necessarily all the TDD. :)

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• Kryptonite_HiloKryptonite_Hilo Member Posts: 47
    Brings me back to wearing an antler'd helm on my luri :P
  • Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    Very nice work.  I'm glad they're going with this type of art style.  

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    Nice blend of fantasy without being cartoony. I like it a lot and the model is a higher poly count than I would have expected for what they are trying.  Kudos and keep it up.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I like it. Is that the non-sparkly elf race? I refuse to use TDD though. "Hibs" it is!

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179

I feel dirty... ashamed even. For the first time, I'm considering...... *gulp* playing a damned dirty Tiddy.... (TDD, since they're not technically 'hibbies'). Thanks a lot art team!!

Runs off in tears to take a shower!

• HagnarHagnar Member UncommonPosts: 39

Am I the only one who thinks that the TDD early prototype 3d model looks perfect for the purpose of the game? Low poly model but still looks gorgeous and detailed enough. Nice work! 

Born as a berserker, I was also a hero, a bounty hunter, a paladin ,a troubador and a paladin once again during my Mmo''s experiences .. Now travelling in a galaxy looking for a new adventure

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I dig the style of TDD. Looking forward to seeing more races!
  • Father_JackFather_Jack Member Posts: 81
    Awesome! A little baroque for my tastes. But it feels very original and that is super important. I really like the antlers. I can't wait to see some of the other concept art.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Hagnar

Am I the only one who thinks that the TDD early prototype 3d model looks perfect for the purpose of the game? Low poly model but still looks gorgeous and detailed enough. Nice work! 

I agree model looked great imho

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299
    I'm drooling thinking of thousands of people that look like that 3d model in combat, LOL. That would be so awesome. Remember those old relic raids that used to crash servers? imagine those, but bigger, with no lag. =) EPIIIIIIIC!

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I found this concept art for Arthurians:

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• Father_JackFather_Jack Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Love the colors. Love the stride. Love the physicality of the characters build.

Yeah he seemed ready to really throw down.

• EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179

Nope, not the only one. I LOVE it, way more than I thought I would.

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322

I couldn't see it very well... through the tears of joy running down my face.  It's freakin' awesome.

I like that they're following a bit of "The Wild Hun't theme... shades of STAG FORM!

I hope they follow that line of thinking and make Arthur's followers very effeminate... you know, the Albs tend to lack that Y-chromosome... except for some of the women.

And Sigurd's followers should have cloven hooves for obvious reasons regarding the lineage they share with goats and sheep.

HIBERNIA FOREVER!

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• VanshoodieVanshoodie Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs

A TDD, not necessarily all the TDD. :)

Woo Hoo! I am a huge fan of the Tuatha but never been a fan of character models with horns/tails. Varitey is nice to have though :)

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

While they were never explicitly described as such, it makes sense, given the divinity that horns symbolized in Celtic mythology (and many others at the time).

I think his body and face are terrible, though. Comically hypermasculine. Kal'El in antlers. The female concept looks beautiful, however.

Edit: Not that I don't think such a character as that male has its place. I just hope it's not a direction being taken with all the races' males.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

Yeah, it's not too simplistic/cartoony, not super realistic, just right in that sweet spot for the game imo.

If they can pull off that quality of models and get hundreds(or thousands) on screen at once without lagging it will be impressive.

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    Originally posted by meddyck

I found this concept art for Arthurians:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Edany

I feel dirty... ashamed even. For the first time, I'm considering...... *gulp* playing a damned dirty Tiddy.... (TDD, since they're not technically 'hibbies'). Thanks a lot art team!!

Runs off in tears to take a shower!

Lol, I might play one and I was planning on playing a dwarf. They look pretty mean and strong. Plus, those horns, that ragged sword, and that tattered cape were perfect accents to me. 

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253

Yea, pretty sweet model... I'll be reppin TDD for sure. 

Hib4Lyfe

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Seeing the models is cool and all but for me the setting in which they live is what drives my decision for choice of side more than anything. I need to like the place I will live in. It's why I played Hib before but I will wait to see what interests me most this time around.

You stay sassy!