Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed Monger switches back to Unity and Forums get Removed!

Comments

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by Mogus
     And don't worry about my legal fees, my lawyer is a member of my Lodge and a close brother. :)

So you are suing now? /boggle SO MUCH double talk.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Talonsin

Edit: Reading the links, the entities being sued where the actual posters, never the forums.  So MMORPG.com could at best imagine themselves being sued as some form of accessory. 

I didnt see anything in those readings where the hosting company of the blogs or any forum owners were even mentioned in the suits.  I understand Jason getting mad about a POSTER making false statements and asking for it to be removed but to think that he has any legal position against MMORPG is idiotic at best and just reinforces the public opinion that he is emotionally immature and has issues controlling his temper, much like a small child.  This can be seen again and again in his postings, I want to be governor, I am selling sex pills, I want to make a MMO, I want to use Unity because it is the bomb, Unity is bad so now I want Hero, Hero is bad now I want Unity, I need kickstarter to raise money but I didnt plan well and now I need to go back for more money, the game will be free, the game will be sub-based.  Lets be honest and admit that he makes decisions very rashly and without much thought or research. 

Jason stated that he never intended to take legal action against MMORPG.com. So you are actually angry over something Jason claimed he didn't do. 

I never said I was angry, I actually think the whole thing is funny.  On your main point, Jason specifically mentioned legal terms and sited examples which IMPLIES legal action.  If I send you a picture of you stealing money and links to people who got fired over stealing money but I say I will not report you, what am I implying?  I did not see what Jason sent to MMORPG so I can not speculate on if he did indeed threaten legal action.  I can only take Jasons word in the post above where he SPECIFICALLY mentioned legal actions like defamation and slander, included links to cases but then said he never threaten legal action.  It is just like YOU said in a previous post, you can NOT mention these things and NOT imply something.  So Jason saying he did not mention legal action is a moot point considering the other things he DID indeed mention. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by mistmaker

Originally posted by fayknaym

I think Mogus should look at the example of Jay Wilson. Look at some of the things that were said about him after Diablo 3. A website was even made called "www.firejaywilson.com" where he was compared to Hitler. How did Jay respond to all this? Not a single word. And now for the most part all of that has blown over and Jay is working on a new project.

you are never right against masses, so, he should stop it already. thats not smart of him still answering.

one thing a lot of users here simply dont want to understand is, that he isnt saying he wants to sue everybody telling bad things about him or the game BUT that one or two persons who are crusading against him. they take it far too far and i understand mr. appleton, who uses real name, real face and real background info, against a army of anonym people, that he want to sue that one person.

i think its not the best way to handle this situation, but i can understand him...

the best way would be, to deliver a good game, or even an average but playable game. thats the only way. and make the second game better, and dont start a new career as a governour or private detective

-You are so corrrect about "all he has to do" (creating a good, playable game) and that is why most just ignore it- Look at Cleve Blakemore (for an example of a real, known programmer in the industry)- he is called Anti-semite, crazy, a scam artist, etc, etc and was even trolled in the GAME  JA2 who based a character on him.

-This is why real develpoers just ignore it and prove it by making a functional game- This leads me to believe Appleton cannot do this (and knows it) and need the PR train NOW while he milks more money off of anyopne he can.

-He has already changed everything said about the initial game (things he argued about) including taking the money of people who thought they were playing a F2P game he starting chaniging the terms. He argued wioth people about the initial engine switch and he really comes off as a conman... And his actions lead me to sincerly feel this game is going nowhere and IS a scam.

-He has gotten over double the intial money needed for hi to make this awesome game- Lets see how this turns out.

-Grabbing popcorn and getting ready for an interesting bunch of drama and reading material. =)

-If I am lucky we willl see Illuminati lawyers popping up soon. (maybe Vampires too-)

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by fayknaym
    I think Mogus should look at the example of Jay Wilson. Look at some of the things that were said about him after Diablo 3. A website was even made called "www.firejaywilson.com" where he was compared to Hitler. How did Jay respond to all this? Not a single word. And now for the most part all of that has blown over and Jay is working on a new project.

Seriously... This guy keeps digging himself a hole. How many posts does he say he has to 'draw a line', 'it's the principle', 'has to set the record straight'. Grow up...

Do your job, do it well. If you don't, you fail and move on. 

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

(Warning: Extremely boring legal stuff to follow, you have been warned).

I understand Mr. Appleton's concern about his reputation and his desire to sue for libel if the offending material is not removed. While this may seem like a prudent course of action, I would draw his attention to the legal precedence set in US courts. In particular to Cubby, Inc vs. CompuServe, Inc. and Zeran vs. American Online. Both cases laid the foundation for current legal understanding concerning libel and forums. The Courts have established that sites that host forums are not liable for libelous content provided they did not know, or should have known of the defamatory nature of the content. In short: sites like MMORPG.com are treated as distributors of content and thus not held liable for the material that is posted. If Mr. Appleton wishes to pursue legal action, his cause is with the publisher (aka the poster) and not the hosting site. 

Now another court case (Stratton Oakmont vs. Prodigy), did say the hosting site was liable for libel as their TOS made it clear they reserved the right to edit posts. The offended party successfully argued that due to the editing, the hosting site was acting not as a distributor but as a publisher and was thus responsible for the content. However, this case was never appealed to a higher court which may very well have overturned the lower courts decision and the whole point was mute by the introduction of section 230 of the Communications Decency Act that which basically states hosting sites are distributors and as such, are not considered publishers of and cannot be held liable on account of “good-faith” efforts to filter objectionable content.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    This is a mess. It appears that Jason simply didn't like being thrown under the bus for the forums being removed. It seems he wanted Bill to take the heat instead of telling exactly what happened. Meanwhile, he continues to threaten people with a lawsuit if they continue being negative... Is this for real? I feel like I am being PUNK'D on how NOT to operate a company's public relations.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I have to admit, I don’t quite understand what 234 is trying to do except blindly defend Jason.  Back in Post #126 he/she agrees that providing the information about legal actions DID come off as a threat and we can only GUESS what happened (see below).  Then in post #139 234 says SPECIFICALLY that Jason stated he never intended to take legal action.  234 already stated just providing the information about legal cases came off as a threat but then he/she changes course and suddenly defends Jason saying he did NOT threaten legal action.  Then he/she continues the new course in Post #144 saying no threat is implied.  

Seriously, how can you go from saying “To properly inform comes off as a threat.” And then say “No threat is implied if MMORPG took time to read the articles.”  Can you please make up your mind and stick with it?  

Post #126

“That's a two-edged sword, which is my point. To properly inform comes off as a threat. That's exactly what happened.  Noone except Jason knows his true intentions. The rest of us can only guess.”

Post# 139

Jason stated that he never intended to take legal action against MMORPG.com. So you are actually angry over something Jason claimed he didn't do. 

Post# 144

No threat is implied if MMORPG took time to read the articles. So you are either assuming that Jason is assuming that MMORPG is stupid or you are assuming that MMORPG is stupid. 

Note: I mean no disrespect for calling 234 a he/she.  The forum name (234) used does not imply gender so I used a term that did not imply gender.  I did not want to assume 234 is a male and then find out she was insulted and is really a female.  Just trying to be politically correct.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Originally posted by Brenelael

That is not at all what I'm concerned with. My issues are with the regular stream of accusations of me, me personally, being a scam artist, a con man, a liar, a crook etc. Simply for getting a game funded on Kickstarter. This is where I have to draw the line. As I've said, I'm in the finance industry and am licensed in my industry in multiple states. You have to go through significant background checks and the like just to get your licenses. If I'm working on a loan for someone in their 70's and they decide to google me out of curiosity and find some forum thread accusing me of being a scam artist, that person may not understand that it's a typical forum troll or that it's a post about a game etc. Then I lose thousands in revenue every time that happens.

If this is true than you need to get out of game development as it's going to happen no matter what you do or no matter how many people you try to sue. It seems to me you need to make a choice... Game development or your day job. Being a developer means you are going to have people making claims about you whether they are true or not. If you start to sue people for it you are going to be the talk of the internet and both your game development career and your day job are going to be over in no time. Look at what just threatening to sue has done for you so far... The claims have ramped up ten fold. If you actually start sueing over this those claims are going to bury you because every site on the internet is going to be a buzz with this. Those claims are going to be a hundred fold and what are you going to do then? Sue everybody on the Internet? I think you need to take Quiz's advice and rethink this. Your current path will only lead to one outcome... Destruction for Greed Monger and for you personally.

Bren

This, basically.

If you're a game developer, then you're going to get attacked by forum trolls, whether you deserve it or not.  If you try to shut down criticism, you'll get even more of it.  If that's a problem for you in your day job, then you need to choose between either keeping your day job or being a game developer.

It doesn't matter whether you think it should be that way.  It's reality, and you need to deal with it.

• WereLlamaWereLlama Member UncommonPosts: 246

I feel for the developers.  It can be a real eye opener when displaying your hard work for the first time to the public.

How many people do we know personally who have drawn pictures, written stories, and made computer games but never published any of them.  Its definately scary to have your game, and worse, your personal reputation openly destroyed by a handful of vocal users.

In my own case,  when I hosted my first small online game over 10 years ago, I became almost addicted to reading and pruning negative comments about my game. It was totally unhealthy the time I spent  on the forums and I will never host my own forum ever again.  Its too tempting and my time was much better spent on making the game more fun.

Anyhow, I wish the devs well on their creation and I hope they dont fall into the PR spin doctoring.  I have no doubt that if you make a great game, your reputation will sky rocket.

-Werellama

(was 'blitzvf' which was too boring for what im working on )

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Originally posted by Brenelael
    *snip*

If this is true than you need to get out of game development as it's going to happen no matter what you do or no matter how many people you try to sue. It seems to me you need to make a choice... Game development or your day job. Being a developer means you are going to have people making claims about you whether they are true or not. If you start to sue people for it you are going to be the talk of the internet and both your game development career and your day job are going to be over in no time. Look at what just threatening to sue has done for you so far... The claims have ramped up ten fold. If you actually start sueing over this those claims are going to bury you because every site on the internet is going to be a buzz with this. Those claims are going to be a hundred fold and what are you going to do then? Sue everybody on the Internet? I think you need to take Quiz's advice and rethink this. Your current path will only lead to one outcome... Destruction for Greed Monger and for you personally.

Bren

This.

Im starting to wonder( if as someone else in this thread stated you are/were a MMA promoter) if you are not just trying to pump up some publicity for your game. In true Vince McMahon WWE style. Hey, any publicity is good publicity right? This game went from no one talking about it to a huge thread that other sites are linking to. From obsucrity to infamy in just a few days.

If this is your goal I would reccomend that you rethink this course of action. No one is talking about your game they are talking about you and with every post you make it just gets worse and worse. You say you want people to stop and yet everything you post screams just the opposite.

Now you have reached the point where you are talking about the MMORPG.com community. You know that will get this thread locked and I'm starting to wonder how that plays in to your propaganda plan.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

The Communications Decency act basically equates Mogus' threat (intentional or not) with the gravity of suing a telephone carrier for the content of a phone call.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Phaserlight

The Communications Decency act basically equates Mogus' threat (intentional or not) with the gravity of suing a telephone carrier for the content of a phone call.

Succint and clearer explanation than my boring ramble...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Abdiell

Look, it's really simple.

There are some specific members of this site whom I have a very open and close case against if I were to pursue it. It's not rocket science to summize the length at which some have gone to spread false accusations and rumors about me publicly.

I could simply file suit and let it sort itself out.

I have been attempting to spare myself and those in ffocus of further turmoil that is compleley unecessary and protect mmorpg from any future liability as well.

Anyone else would just be trying to cash on on the oppottunity. I simply want it to end.

I wish you good luck on trying to convince a jury that some 13 year old forum trolls defamed you with the intent to cause your or your business harm. You have to prove they did it knowingly, and prove how it has cost you money. Since you do not yet even have a marketable product, it seems to me that this is a whole lot of bluster.

You are only hurting yourself, and your games credibility. You are wrong on this one, sir.

Did you miss the " I also have a day job in finance" part? So it is enough that it hurts the income from that job.

How would forum trolls hurt his day job's income? They aren't attack his ability to do that job, they are attacking the credibility of his game.

You must know this guy, or be a troll.

I don't know the history here, but by his own wording this issue is with those attacking his personal credibility/honesty, etc... If he works in financing, I don't think the illusion that you're a scam artist will help you all that much. This isn't about the game it seems, as he said a few posts above you, attack the game all you want.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

People ask me why I come to this site everyday. This thread sure shows exactly why I do. Taking Greed Monger off the site-90k. People sticking up for the developer-90k, Developer responces-PRICELESS!

I LOVE THIS SITE FOR MY GAMING NEWS!!!

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Bill,

I have to say that I'm saddened by your postings here.

#1. I made it clear in my email to you that I had no intentions of taking legal action against mmorpg.com but I did present clear cases of slander and defamation suits that this website is known for harboring. I understand that such things are great for page views and thus advertising revenue, but the intention of my email was to simply remove the slandering and defaming posts from this site that the people who created them continued to post in other mediums.

One of these cases I presented in that email was this one:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-10-internet-defamation-case_x.htm

Another such case is this one: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/jury-awards-13-million-texas-defamation-suit-anonymous/story?id=16194071#.UV2SyVeReSo

The fact is, slander and defamation are a big deal. You simply can't run around hiding behind anonymous usernames while spreading lies and falshoods about people in efforts to damage their reputation and or business. There is a difference between saying "His game is awful!" to "hes a liar and a scammer taking your money and running!"

Now, contrary to what some may say, I've made many efforts to make ammends with those who have slandered and or defamed me with no basis whatsoever but that didnt work. I talked to a lawyer about it and he simply said, take screenshots of everything, ask for it to be removed, (which it all was) and then if people persist in their actions, we go from there. I don't want to have to resort to legal action against anyone, but from what I've seen, people really think that their geographic location or anonyminity will protect them.

I wrote a letter the other day that my community manager is preparing to publish today applauding mmorpg.com for their quick reaction to my requests, but to find these posts from you Bill, I have to say I'm dissappointed. As a primary medium for MMORPG gaming, I'd like to think that this site would be more interested in taking an active stance against slander and defamation instead of defending it and encouraging it.

I am not a faceless corporation. I am a man, developing a game with others and have been attacked, lied about, slandered and defamed personally by members of this site. I also have a day job in finance and a family of 5 that depend on me and my livlihood to support them. Personal attacks on my honesty, integrity and the like cause more damage than just swaying people to not support my game. It's damaging to me personally and financially with my day job as well. This is the difference between trolling me, an independent developer and a corporation. It's not about "having thick skin" or "sucking it up with trolls". It's about feeding my children and paying my mortage and not having to worry about some anonymous people on the internet spreading terrible lies about me to serve themselves.

The message is clear from here on, I simply can't and won't sit idle and let this activity continue. Say whatever you like about the game. Hate it, love it, whatever, but when it comes to me and members of my team who are all working very hard on this game, keep to the facts.

That's all I have to say about this.

Thank you.

HAHAHA...

I thought I would never see a company that more deserved public disdain than StarVault but I have been proven wrong!  I think I am going to have to do some research on this company/game and I just may have found a new hobby/reason to visit a variety of public forums and speak THRUTH.

I assure you... I am very good at what I do (just ask StarVault).  Should you ever find a factual error in any of my posts feel free to point it out and I will correct such errors.  I look forward to a long and enjoyable relationship going forward!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Brenics

People ask me why I come to this site everyday. This thread sure shows exactly why I do. Taking Greed Monger off the site-90k. People sticking up for the developer-90k, Developer responces-PRICELESS!

I LOVE THIS SITE FOR MY GAMING NEWS!!!

+1 for entertainment value

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by gotha

Did you win?

While he might have cases against some posters,  he does not have a case against MMORPG.com.    

He doesn't have a case against anyone. He's backed into a corner, scared and lashing out. If he wants to sue the person who has done the most financial damage to him, he should sue himself.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    I just recieved a private message from someone who is considering deleting their account entirely because of how bad things have gotten and they feel they can no longer enjoy the community. It's just become so negative around here. This community isn't a community anymore. It's a gathering of people always seeking something else to vent their frustrations on.

You know, lets pause here for a sec.. Because you know what? It doesn't matter who you are, how long you've been a part of the community, what games you have played..

Tthis man has this part correct..

But I feel as if this encompasses the internet as a whole, being pratically "invisible" in another world gives everyone a sense of rebellion.. The right to burn down or take a swing at everything they don't like or agree with.. These games are a small part of that, many other sites wage war on heavier issues that involve everything we hold true to every day life..

If you make a post or thread speaking about how cool you think an upcomming game will be, you are not usually met with like minded common interests.. Often you are met with an expedite dagger, and instead of feeling as a member amongst something you are thrust into this "outsider" space where you are having to defend yourself more than socialize about the things you may have in common with the others..

I used to think that the 'renowned' Call of Duty chat on XBox Live was a "feature" specific to XBox Live, but as I look around any game, any forum any chat on the net I see that, this is who we have become. This is the internet of the 21st century and it will not change..

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

That is not at all what I'm concerned with. My issues are with the regular stream of accusations of me, me personally, being a scam artist, a con man, a liar, a crook etc. Simply for getting a game funded on Kickstarter. This is where I have to draw the line. As I've said, I'm in the finance industry and am licensed in my industry in multiple states. You have to go through significant background checks and the like just to get your licenses. If I'm working on a loan for someone in their 70's and they decide to google me out of curiosity and find some forum thread accusing me of being a scam artist, that person may not understand that it's a typical forum troll or that it's a post about a game etc. Then I lose thousands in revenue every time that happens.

Seriously?  You think someone in their 70s is going to google your name and find some thread accusing you of being a scam artist and pull their request?

Did it not dawn on you that this person in their 70s would likely have pulled their request as soon as they realized you put on a cape, called yourself "Mogus" and spent your evenings trolling gaming forums?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Jayaris

Bill,

#1. I made it clear in my email to you that I had no intentions of taking legal action against mmorpg.com but I did present clear cases of slander and defamation suits that this website is known for harboring.  

This is exactly why I personally think you are a D-Bag Jason.  If you had no intention of taking legal action then why did you bring it up AND reference examples?  Of course, your lack of management ability is also a factor in my assumption of your intelligence level.  Seriously, you posted all these reasons why Unity was bad and had to move to Hero and then you move back?  You ask for $30k on Kick, get $90K, sell out on plots and THEN you come back asking for more money because you have lack financial management ability and did not properly plan for what you actually needed? 

The truth is, most people here dont honestly believe you are running with the money.  I am sure you are working on an actual product but I would also bet money your backers will be sorely disappointed in the released product and it will get universally bad reviews at launch.  Not due to the coders but to your lack of management ability.  Perhaps you would be better off selling sex enhancment pills again or running for governor of Ohio.  I would personally vote for you.  You are not any worse than the officials we have in office now.

Can you explain to me how Jason could have made MMORPG.com realize how badly defamation is without pointing to judicial cases?

"Hi Bill, I'm sure you don't need me to cite sources. But, defamation is a very serious crime, and though I understand you want to respect your board members you must also recognize that their behaviour is simply unacceptable."

Edit : Put plainly, Jason Appleton is a tactless clown.

However, Bill evidently did not know it otherwise he wouldn't allow it, so it was a courtesy to link sources, was it not?

While everyone no doubt has different opinions on this. Implied threats as mister appleton has done is different in my Book then Courtesy.

Its pretty clear to me Mr Appleton is trying strongearm tactics to try and get MMORPG.COM to bow to his views and censure any/all  negative comments. I imagine if Mr Appleton spent more time on getting Greedmonger worker then reading thread on other sites and researching deflamation cases the game would be a bit further along.

In the end I think Bill did the right thing. The game what there is of it, is not worth the Drama Mr appleton is creating himself. Sometimes Game devs have to take the good with the bad expecially when they use outside sites like MMORPG.COM to promote their game and get money from potential players .

I wish MR Appleton good luck with his game, but i also hope he learns a few things from this like he needs to develope a thicker skin if he's to survive. Every game thats every been made (and several that never made it that far) to include WoW itself have had trolls and negative comments. Using time and resources better spent developing a game on trying to find and squelch most negative posts/threads on a game is simply IMO a waste.

A million post saying a game is bad does not make a game bad or a failure its the developers that do that. A million posts stating a game is good because only good things are allowed to be said Does not make a game good. Once again its the Devs in the end that do that.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I thought I would never see a company that more deserved public disdain than StarVault but I have been proven wrong!  I think I am going to have to do some research on this company/game and I just may have found a new hobby/reason to visit a variety of public forums and speak THRUTH.

You forget about Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
     And don't worry about my legal fees, my lawyer is a member of my Lodge and a close brother. :)

So you are suing now? /boggle SO MUCH double talk.

Ah Mr Appletons implied threats. ie We aren't suing, but don't worry when we do sue it won't cost us much as we are close friends with our lawyer!

Yet more of the Dance by Mr Appletons

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

I have to admit, I don’t quite understand what 234 is trying to do except blindly defend Jason.  Back in Post #126 he/she agrees that providing the information about legal actions DID come off as a threat and we can only GUESS what happened (see below).  Then in post #139 234 says SPECIFICALLY that Jason stated he never intended to take legal action.  234 already stated just providing the information about legal cases came off as a threat but then he/she changes course and suddenly defends Jason saying he did NOT threaten legal action.  Then he/she continues the new course in Post #144 saying no threat is implied.  

Seriously, how can you go from saying “To properly inform comes off as a threat.” And then say “No threat is implied if MMORPG took time to read the articles.”  Can you please make up your mind and stick with it?  

Post #126

“That's a two-edged sword, which is my point. To properly inform comes off as a threat. That's exactly what happened.  Noone except Jason knows his true intentions. The rest of us can only guess.”

Post# 139

Post# 144

No threat is implied if MMORPG took time to read the articles. So you are either assuming that Jason is assuming that MMORPG is stupid or you are assuming that MMORPG is stupid. 

Note: I mean no disrespect for calling 234 a he/she.  The forum name (234) used does not imply gender so I used a term that did not imply gender.  I did not want to assume 234 is a male and then find out she was insulted and is really a female.  Just trying to be politically correct.

Between post #139 and post #144 I actually read the links provided and that changed my opinion. 

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Seriously?  You think someone in their 70s is going to google your name and find some thread accusing you of being a scam artist and pull their request?

Did it not dawn on you that this person in their 70s would likely have pulled their request as soon as they realized you put on a cape, called yourself "Mogus" and spent your evenings trolling gaming forums?

It is one thing to be a scam artist in business, an entirely different one to simply have odd behaviour. Only the former should be pertinent to other businesses. 

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by JamesP
    Originally posted by Consensus
    Originally posted by taus01

I am baffled...

Great post! really interesting read. I find it quite impressive how he managed to pull it off with zero experience in such little time.  I mean I was pretty skeptical about greed monger, but I still thought it had potential.

Only a matter of time until someone exploited kickstarter. luckily this wasn't such a big amount as others.

We never exploited KickStarter and we will never exploit anything...

You used the threat of a lawsuit to remove discussions of your game - you threatened MMORPG.com - you guys are the lowest of the low.   Glad we know the truth about your company and this game now, because we players can stop people from supporting you.   Don't like it - try suing me.

This discussion has been closed.