Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confirmed Missing Features - NDA lifted!!

So sorry and forgot to give credit to (Hmm Maybe) as he started this list.  I was just reposting it here to continue to spread the truth about the state of the game.  A shame he got banned also on the forums for posting a factual list....

Missing content from DF1

No Dungeons in game. (Not including starter dungeons)
Chaos cities removed.
Many NPC cities removed.
No Wildlife.
Chat system is abysmal. The old chat system was vastly superior.
Can no longer link items in chat.
No more coloured chat.
Can no longer resend messages or view sent message history.
No more trade channel.
Sea towers removed.
Almost all boats removed.
Warhulks removed.
Funhulks removed.
Sithras removed.
Lack of diverse power attacks from different weapons.
Currently no way to create cannons.
No more cheese (<3 Arcturus)
Battlehorns, Bluetails and Horses removed.
Shulgan Drake removed. (<3 BabyBear)
Many monster types has been removed. The world is now a much less diverse place.
No Item Counter.
No Compass.
Bringing bread back to vendors and simple fish recipes would help new players and vets have access to basic nourishment.
Party system is worse. Now only leaders can invite, Though it has improved in a way as leaders can now kick.
Useful melee abilities which people actually used were removed. (Knockback, Whirlwind)
No more double jump. (Brawler only with cast time implementation is clunky and unusable for most situations)
No internal clan ranks.
No clan log.
No clan bank log.
All quests removed. (these weren't THAT bad and i did every single alfar quest in DF1)
No ingame lore.
No clan political overview. (can't see current allies/enemies in clan tab)
No way to see peoples clan ranks in other clans, before you could find someone from an appropriate rank to contact.
Emotes removed.
Barbers removed.
Pack mule and Tireless removed. (<3 Caldrin)
No more epic gank animations for different weapons (<3 blob)
No more Surtstone. (<3 Venny)
No more /stuck command.
No more trade routes. (<3 Deadlyhit)
No Enchanting. (<3 Telc)
No Transmutes. (<3 Telc)
No more jewelcrafting. (<3 Deadlyhit)
No more Web Journal. (<3 BabyBear)

Missing promised content and fixes
Load lag is still in game. (Tested and confirmed by multiple people)
Added multicore support yet the performance is worse than DF1. (Could be debug mode)
No new dynamic Dungeons in game.
Land towers not implemented.
The mounts in game handle exactly the same as each other and the differences are purely cosmetic. No different mount stats.
Duping not rampant but seems to happen most patches
Yssam dinosaur not implemented.
No demi gods in game.
Feature to make gearbags has not implemented.
Weather effects not implemented (They were client side only in DF1 anyway, so no real loss)
Still no meaningful improvement to boats with the weather system. (This was apparently disabled just before DF1 launch and just needed finishing touches)
DF 2 was said to have multiple types of ranged weapons with different characteristics(Hinted at Longbows/Shortbows/Crossbows). There is only a default bow.
No Armor Dyes.
GUI is still extremely CPU intensive.
Monster AI unchanged.
Only SOME of the new monsters from the concept art are in the game.
No Market/Auction house. (<3 Nat daprat)
No resource monoliths.
Wolf walls can easily be jumped over. Not really meaningful.
The new racial models which we have been shown to us from 2010 have been scrapped. These represented numerous blog updates spaced weeks if not months apart with little other meaningful updates during this time.

Unfinished content

4/6 Starter Cities in game. (<3 mercnet)
Only 8/16 roles have been implemented.
Sprinting and turning with the mouse is not affected by momentum. The same problems exist where simply sprinting forwards while moving your mouse side to side makes you a ridiculously hard target.
Massive safe zones which are easily abuse-able. A whole system needs to be put in place to stop this abuse which is already happening on border lines.
PVE content is unbalanced and unengaging with little variety between spawns.
No proper testing on player holdings.
No proper testing on villages.
Completely untested siege system (Internal testing isn't sufficient for something involving so many players).
Seemingly no reason for the name. "Unholy Wars"
Many monsters still immune to certain damage types making them unkillable for certain classes.
New racial models in game, but still statues and monsters use old models. Worldbuilding rework for these areas and monsters need replacing.
Unarmed mastery in game but not actually usable (<3 Nat Kro)

General gripes and major problems with the game

GUI is completely unfit for purpose and isn't at all intuitive.
Lack of meaningful GUI customization.
Forced to use different classes and play-styles to level different base stats.
Slower more unrewarding combat system. (<3 pawN isDecent)
Massive class unbalance.
None of the currently implemented class abilities are anywhere near done and all need major tweaking/overhauls.
Bloodwalls viable again.
Much smaller world.
No way to skip tutorial.
Sluggish character movement.
Feel of "detachment" from characters due to ungainly movement system and lack of responsiveness.
Chaos chest house lottery still in place.
Input delay.
It's clear that with stat grinds and different ranks of gear there will be a even greater gap between vets and new players.
Crosshair wobble.
Random crits now in game.
Swim speed slowed while casting, making for easy water get aways. Unable to cast many abilities under or in water.
Even less reason for players to use boats with the absence of sea towers, low availability of black powder, lack of sea creatures.
Armor Racks / Weapon Racks are being farmed by afk players for high ranking gear in safezones.
Polearm knockback still in game.
Blackpowder requires obscene amount of resources to craft (0.5 Gold, 1 Sulfur, 0.5 Fossils per Blackpowder).
Battlespikes are extremely expensive to craft.
Without significant changes, Player cities will prove to be untakable impenetrable fortresses come release.
No tools to get over walls on raids. Really needs craftable ladders or something.
Potions are largely unchanged and still quite underwhelming.
Many player holdings terrain has remained unchanged from the DF1, yet the cities placed their have changed. Many of the unique holdings have lost the special things about them. (Aradoth, Apautan, Sunthrone, Longmarch, etc)
Crafting fails still in the game.
The new Bank and Bag system is terrible and are completely unfit for purpose.
Stat requirements on gear.
Food system is abysmal now. (Raw ingredients give nourishment for 0.1second). No access to proper nourishment.
Noobie mob spawns are almost unsoloable due to instant spawn rates. It's impossible to lock down a spawn without getting overwhelmed.
Many monsters are completely immune to arrows or skirmisher special abilities.
DF2 is more demanding on our computers than DF1. It will be even less playable during sieges.
Holding F interface for mounts/bank is vastly inferior to 2 separate binds and is a poor use of a radial system.
No more action bars.
Radial Menu is a pile of shit, Full Stop. (<3 Venny Rawr)
The 2 radial menus with separate activation keys don't work. They are clunky and unintuitive and don't allow players to properly track cooldowns. A simple hotbar with 1 activation key was much better.
Stat management with transfers doesn't work at all and you currently run out of stats extremely fast.
The new melee abilities are more like AoE Spells and seem to not involve melee weapons at all.
Convoluted system to see general skill levels.
Lack of video option settings to help improve frame rate, specifically changing how much grass is rendered. (<3 Wingman92)

Bugs

GUI is riddled with bugs.
Some abilities and skills level extremely slowly compared to others.
When starting to type in chat due to interface lag the first few characters are normally cut and need to be retyped. Also causes many miss sent messages into Global. (Default chat channel)
Can no longer type "<" in chat meaning no more hearts in pms "<3". Also causes the next line to appear on the end of the current line.
Can't copy and paste from chat.
Can no longer pick up player flags.
Safezones in the middle of oceans.
Food no longer increases stamina regen.
Can use dash/stampede to go up verticle walls.
Multiple item dupes still in game.
Fraps bug still in game. (Desync from world)
Pressing F5 for a screenshot causes massive desync and lags out your hitbox for 10seconds. Can also be used to jump extremely high.
Monsters can still be easily exploited and easily get stuck on terrain.
Treasure maps not working. (<3 DAA KAPUTTMACHA)
Safezones in the middle of the ocean due to starter zone being under the ocean.
Allies cannot bind to clan stone, even if names are added individually. (<3 Nobody Special)
Level 25 Tailoring items are completely missing. (<3 Nobody Special)
Clan alliance chat not working. (<3 Daa Kuputtmacha)
While encumbered, you move faster backward. (<3 C^ae^R)
HTML tags in the chat, allows people to make client unstable for other players with chat open. (<3 C^ae^R)
New character models are using old racial hitboxes (<3 Bear Virtus)
Gates close by them selves after a short time (<3 Smitling)
Player city guard towers shoot allies. (<3 BabyBear)
Launch ship cannon can't be rotated properly.

Comments

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

Dont you ever ask youself. Why did they make a new game if the first one already had 98% of that list?

• thebeach99thebeach99 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Ikisis

Dont you ever ask youself. Why did they make a new game if the first one already had 98% of that list?

Yup - they could have just done this as huge expansion and added in parts of this to what thewy already had....  Dumbest decision ever made.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

So just like most new MMO releases then? image

Alas it seems Aventurine wants to create more of a moba style battleground mmo than an actual sandbox.

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Originally posted by thebeach99
    Originally posted by Ikisis

Yup - they could have just done this as huge expansion and added in parts of this to what thewy already had....  Dumbest decision ever made.

Not to mention the combat feel like im playing Gears of War or some shitty 3rd person shooter. Such fail i litterally hate and will laugh (ill make a youtube video of me laughing) when AV goes under and all servers go offline.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

I got a beta account (like a sucker) and I can confirm that many items on this list are wrong.

I'm not going to create a list because I don't have time, but I will mention a couple to discredit the OP.

The kraken is definitely in game. I died to it not long ago. Map annotations are there too.

This guy copied a really old beta post from several months ago, and didn't bother checking it for accuracy.

Originally posted by MrBoots

I got a beta account (like a sucker) and I can confirm that many items on this list are wrong.

I'm not going to create a list because I don't have time, but I will mention one that discredits the OP.

The kraken is definitely in game. I died to it not long ago.

Kraken part fixed for ya - but others have confirmed most of this is spot on :)  But hey for shits and giggles, even if you say take 1/3 of it and say it is fixed - still a shit ton missing....

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87

Yeah there are several things on this list that show me that OP did not research this very carefully.

If you don't like a game, just don't play it. I've been playing beta and it's a decent game. Yes, they have stuff to add, but the core is good.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by MrBoots

I'm not going to create a list because I don't have time, but I will mention a couple to discredit the OP.

The kraken is definitely in game. I died to it not long ago. Map annotations are there too.

This guy copied a really old beta post from several months ago, and didn't bother checking it for accuracy.

2 items on list of 100+ are questionable therefore this game will actually be amazing!

Originally posted by luvboox

Yeah there are several things on this list that show me that OP did not research this very carefully.

If you don't like a game, just don't play it. I've been playing beta and it's a decent game. Yes, they have stuff to add, but the core is good.

List taken straight from the forums of DF and confirmed by MANY to be mostly spot on...  So I guess the whole player base lied?  lol

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Based on the early forum hype when this game went into a buy in Beta I almost bought in. Reading the above list leaves me glad I didn't. I expect more game for my dollar than what's on tap. I really don't get what happened to this title. I first saw it as a potential "Skyrim with PVP" which souned awesome if scary to me but I kind of wanted to try that. That missing feature and bug list makes it sound like a MOBA with a very large empty map... O.o
  • MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

2 items on list of 100+ are questionable therefore this game will actually be amazing!

It's more than two. A lot of the things in the list are opinion also.

Here's two more for the peanut gallery:

No more party waypoints. - WRONG

No more chat timestamps. - WRONG

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

List taken straight from the forums of DF and confirmed by MANY to be mostly spot on...  So I guess the whole player base lied?  lol

Taken from a forum post from many months ago yes...

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    you take a list from 5 months ago from the beta and copy it to here? a lot of stuff on this list has been fixed/implemented.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    You guys are too funny, even cutting the list in half won't help. LOL
  • BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    This posted list is extremely out of date and most of it is totally wrong.

Originally posted by Greymoor

Taken from a forum post from many months ago yes...

Last post on it was a few days ago which is where this came from before AV yanked it....

MrBoots - like I Said just for shits and giggles let us say you take 1/3 of that list away...  Still leaves so much shit unfinished....

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143
    I would post about the faults of this list, but then that would take ages because you made such a long wall of BS.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by hokuto78
    I can confirm this list is outdated and the OP is a giant retard.

Ok so maybe I been had. Anyone point me to an accurate feature bug list I can look over to decide if I am interested? I am expecting user opinions here in forum with the NDA down. Some of you all need to share. :)

Originally posted by Kaminaxius
    you take a list from 5 months ago from the beta and copy it to here? a lot of stuff on this list has been fixed/implemented.

Hey please fix it then - tell us what has been fixed and I will gladly edit the post...  But all I keep hearing from people is that it is not accurate yet will not say what is fixed so it can be removed....  LOL

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Yeah you can go to the Beta forums for opinions, but I have to tell you that the people trolling the forums are, for the most part, the people that don't enjoy the game. The people that do like it are either waiting for launch (like me), or playing the game. I'm not playing at this point because I feel like I've learned what I want from Beta and don't want to spend too much time in Beta, only to have to do it over again at launch.
  • GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143

Hey please fix it then - tell us what has been fixed and I will gladly edit the post...  But all I keep hearing from people is that it is not accurate yet will not say what is fixed so it can be removed....  LOL

Have you even played the beta or are you just talking shit?

• I posted this list originally on the DF forums near the start of Beta. (Hmm Maybe :))

It is outdated however at the time it was current and i never updated it due to being banned off the DF forums for posting it.

I havn't played Beta since then  so i can't verify anything that's changed.

If you are however a new player looking at Darkfall i would seriously consider giving it a miss and waiting for another game.

Even if things seem good at first, the company behind the game just can't handle it and has atrocious interaction with their community. You will just end up getting hurt in the long run.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Yeah you can go to the Beta forums for opinions, but I have to tell you that the people trolling the forums are, for the most part, the people that don't enjoy the game. The people that do like it are either waiting for launch (like me), or playing the game. I'm not playing at this point because I feel like I've learned what I want from Beta and don't want to spend too much time in Beta, only to have to do it over again at launch.

Theres always some excuse, care to explain the polls with over 1000 votes?  And don't tell me the fans are too busy playing the game, because its been empty for months.

IF thew list is so horribly wrong then please post inhere what has been fixed and I will gladly edit the OP...  Otherwise you are just spewing BS by saying it is not true, lol  This was last posted a few days ago and not 5 months ago....
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

Why would i fix your post of inaccuracies? To be honest it looks like an angry troll attempt to scare people away from an already indie-based game. 

Goodjob:)

This discussion has been closed.