Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Print to Promote (with CSE approval maybe ?)

BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

I need your opinion on this :

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7783/finaladd1.jpg

All the content is taken directly from CU website (to avoid potential legal issues i wouldnt want to say anything else than what CSE has already said), its simple, grayscale, since i'll print it and place it at EB games (Canada's Game Stop i think), with their approval of course.

I want to try to reach people that dont visit lots of gaming websites too.

What do you think ?

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
Thurka on WAR

Comments

• BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94

My opinion (trying to read it as if I knew nothing about the game):

It's well written but it misses the point.  If I was unknowing about the game I'd be scratching my head through the first paragraph and thrown it away by the second.  It needs to clearly state at the start what it is, what it's about.  Cause people that are confused won't keep reading it IMHO.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

First people would go wtf

Half would not even read, the other half would read till the middle

The ones that did read to the middle would just skip to the bottom to see whats the point of that

Once they see its just a bunch of links they would just go meh...

The ones that get interested would visit, see that its about donating money for a game that is years ahead and would just go meh

The problem is, you as a hyped mmo gamer, sees that everyone that will read this is either:

A) A mmo gamer that knows what CSE, Kickstarter is

B) A mmo gamer that is interested in funding a game through kickstarter

Mind you DAoC was not mainstream, not when it launched much less now people will not associate the name with anything, despite it being a good pvp game

Im just giving my unbiased feedback(I have no interest in funding this game, nor I dislike the idea)

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

I appreciate the feedbacks, you both have very good points. Guess i'll wait to see whatever i can get my hands from what already exists and "told" by CSE.

i dont want to write the text myself either, i want to be sure 100 % that i'll print is backed by CSE for obvious reasons.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by BowbowDAoC

I appreciate the feedbacks, you both have very good points. Guess i'll wait to see whatever i can get my hands from what already exists and "told" by CSE.

i dont want to write the text myself either, i want to be sure 100 % that i'll print is backed by CSE for obvious reasons.

Its true. If you were going to do it, which I totally support and love your enthusiasm, and you had their approval at CSE I would keep it simple.

Something like:

Gamers, RPGers, PVPers, MMOers, and Crafters: Mark Jacobs, the man that brought you the classic MMORPG "Dark Age of Camelot", is back! With his studio, City State Entertainment, they are in the beginning stages of developing a new online multiplayer RPG that will combine the classic elements of Dark Age of Camelot (RvRvR!) and Role Playing Games with a modern approach.

In Camelot Unchained (working title), three mythical realms are pitched in a war that will decide the fate of the world; you join a realm of allies to fight over land, resources, castles/keeps, and more. The war will rage online in an epic struggle as each faction, the Vikings (Scandinavian), Tuatha Dé Danann (Irish), and Arthruians (England), battle to carve out a home in a world that has been torn to pieces. Join your friends across the world as a crafter (that's right, if you love crafting Camelot Unchained has a class dedicated just for you) or as a warrior or spell caster striking fear in the hearts of your enemy. Housing/Building structures will be another huge part of Camelot Unchained. To get a true idea about City State Entertainment's goals with Camelot Unchained please go to www.camelotunchained.com

City State Entertainment is a small independant studio. If you like what you have read here or at the web site, we need your help making this project become reality. Old school gamers, PVPers, Crafters, indie game lovers: we need your help to bring Camelot Unchained to the people. Support Camelot Unchained at Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained . The game has just started it's campaign and we're off to a great start but we need your support to make it all the way. Please go to the website and learn more about this amazing project and if you want to be a part of it support Camelot Unchained on Kickstarter. Thanks!

- From the Camelot Unchained Community 

Its not perfect BowBow, but I hope it helps or gives you some ideas. Edit and use as you please (with CSE's approval of course). And thanks for all your enthusiasm man!

Originally posted by Oldskoo

Its true. If you were going to do it, which I totally support and love your enthusiasm, and you had their approval at CSE I would keep it simple.

Something like:

Gamers, RPGers, PVPers, MMOers, and Crafters: Mark Jacobs, the man that brought you the classic MMORPG "Dark Age of Camelot", is back! With his studio, City State Entertainment, they are in the beginning stages of developing a new online multiplayer RPG that will combine the classic elements of Dark Age of Camelot (RvRvR!) and Role Playing Games with a modern approach.

In Camelot Unchained (working title), three mythical realms are pitched in a war that will decide the fate of the world; you join a realm of allies to fight over land, resources, castles/keeps, and more. The war will rage online in an epic struggle as each faction, the Vikings (Scandinavian), Tuatha Dé Danann (Irish), and Arthruians (England), battle to carve out a home in a world that has been torn to pieces. Join your friends across the world as a crafter (that's right, if you love crafting Camelot Unchained has a class dedicated just for you) or as a warrior or spell caster striking fear in the hearts of your enemy. Housing/Building structures will be another huge part of Camelot Unchained. To get a true idea about City State Entertainment's goals with Camelot Unchained please go to www.camelotunchained.com

City State Entertainment is a small independant studio. If you like what you have read here or at the web site, we need your help making this project become reality. Old school gamers, PVPers, Crafters, indie game lovers: we need your help to bring Camelot Unchained to the people. Support Camelot Unchained at Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained . The game has just started it's campaign and we're off to a great start but we need your support to make it all the way. Please go to the website and learn more about this amazing project and if you want to be a part of it support Camelot Unchained on Kickstarter. Thanks!

Its not perfect BowBow, but I hope it helps or gives you some ideas. Edit and use as you please (with CSE's approval of course). And thanks for all your enthusiasm man!

It does, but i'd much prefer to have some text given to me by CSE or from the web sites, their quotes etc....i dont feel comfortable to "create" advertising for a company that isnt mine. I could put one wrong word, and it would be bad for them, wich is somethnig i would hate to be responsible for.

thats ok if i cant find anything, but i think a lot of us could put those ads around where they live too, it could help. i dont mind paying a few bucks for printing, but i want to print good, approved stuff :)

Thurka on WAR

Something like:

It does, but i'd much prefer to have some text given to me by CSE or from the web sites, their quotes etc....i dont feel comfortable to "create" advertising for a company that isnt mine. I could put one wrong word, and it would be bad for them, wich is somethnig i would hate to be responsible for.

thats ok if i cant find anything, but i think a lot of us could put those ads around where they live too, it could help. i dont mind paying a few bucks for printing, but i want to print good, approved stuff :)

Right, I hear you. If we could get something like this from the company it would be something worth printing off. Whatever we gotta do, I wanna help get this funded as I know you do :)

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I hate to be the negative nancy, but we really should be careful what "homemade" advertising products we use or distribute.  I am sure CSE has a "message" they want to convey to would-be fans and it is possible we could get in the way with that.

There has to be someone, a professional, at CSE who is in charge of building awareness for CU.  I would suggest we atleast make an effort to identify him/her and let them figure out how to utilize our initiative.

The only reason I say this is because what might seem intuitive to us, may actually be detrimental to our best intentions. 

However, directly showing people the CSE site and kickstarter page should be the safest approach at this time.

(in my opinion, though your flyer looks great to me)

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    How much do you intend to pay EB Games in order to put up your unauthorized advertising for someone else?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

I suggest you get CSE's permission before you re-post content THEY wrote. You may think you are doing the game a favor, but CSE may not see it that way.

BTW, just because they published it publicly doesn't absolve you from being accused of plagiarism.

Originally posted by Maephisto

I hate to be the negative nancy, but we really should be careful what "homemade" advertising products we use or distribute.  I am sure CSE has a "message" they want to convey to would-be fans and it is possible we could get in the way with that.

There has to be someone, a professional, at CSE who is in charge of building awareness for CU.  I would suggest we atleast make an effort to identify him/her and let them figure out how to utilize our initiative.

The only reason I say this is because what might seem intuitive to us, may actually be detrimental to our best intentions. 

However, directly showing people the CSE site and kickstarter page should be the safest approach at this time.

(in my opinion, though your flyer looks great to me)

Originally posted by topographic

I suggest you get CSE's permission before you re-post content THEY wrote. You may think you are doing the game a favor, but CSE may not see it that way.

BTW, just because they published it publicly doesn't absolve you from being accused of plagiarism.

Yeah that is what i am hoping to get, as mentioned in other posts in page 1.

i want to be careful as to what iprint, i want it to be approved by CSE.

If its too far fetched, maybe there are some other legal issues i m not aware of too, so if i cant print it and hand it away that is ok too. thought it would be a good way to reach to those who arent not in game communities sites etc.

Thurka on WAR

• EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179

Nonetheless, it is a great idea and a great effort. Hopefully someone from CSE can give it an eyeball.

If something gets panned out on this idea, I live in the Phoenix area, and there are a lot of comic book stores that feature table top gaming around the valley. Most of these places are independently owned (not by conglomerates like GameStop or EB games), and it isn't uncommon to find old-school gamers of all types hanging out there.

Those little independent shops where the owners are themselves avid gamers / collectors would be a great place to get the word out. :)

Yeah i think that if CSE gives us a "paper flyer" to print, some of us will go out and make an effort of placing it to give CU more visibility.

Thurka on WAR

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322

Something like:

Nice Oldskoo! I personally think CSE should hire Oldskoo to write for them.:P

Originally posted by gylnne

Something like:

Nice Oldskoo! I personally think CSE should hire Oldskoo to write for them.:P

haha, I'd volunteer whatever skills I could offer in my spare time to help make this reality (and, like many of you, I already have and will continue to til it's done; this is going to be my passion until we meet $2 million!). You guys here at MMORPG.com and the people I've met at the Kickstarter comments page have been tons of fun to talk to and I think we need to realize that it's going to take a community effort to help this project meet it's goals.

Mark and the guys are a small studio and can only do so much. If we believe in their vision, we have to help make it come reality. I think we can get there but we have a big hill to climb yet. Most of the hardcore fans have probably contributed already, so it's going to take a serious push IMO to get there, but I think it can, and will, be done if we continue to spread the word.

I've appreciated your contribution Glynne, I'm glad we have guys like on this CU Train :)

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322

I've appreciated your contribution Glynne, I'm glad we have guys like on this CU Train :)

Thank you for your kind words, I look forward to beating on all of you, if we are in different realms, in a few years.:P