Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Dragon's Prophet: Training Our Dragons at GDC

2»

Comments

• ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Coming from the mob that gave us the on-rails, hand held grindfest that is RoM what else would you expect?
  • haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

WOW Dragons ... and a cash shop ...

Not impressed in the least. I bet everything except dragon taming will not work properly or missing entirely. Call me pesimistic ...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Well, we'll see. This here though - 

"You can find everything in game but also use some station cash to speed things up. SOE set up a smart system to use cash to decrease the time it might take you to do something."

If this anything like planetside 2, be prepared to spend. In PS2 sure you can earn everything in game, but one gun could take a month. It was so much easier to throw out 7 bucks than grind.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Dragon’s Prophet is a stunning game visually.

Should have included some screenshots of that, because what is in the article puts me in the mind of Darkfall.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by grimfall

Dragon’s Prophet is a stunning game visually.

Should have included some screenshots of that, because what is in the article puts me in the mind of Darkfall.

they are currently in the process of updating the graphics engine according to the taiwan site so id hold off on what to expect graphics wise till that is done

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SophusVirSophusVir Member Posts: 44
    I heard it was much like RaiderZ if it is, I am happy with that I thought the game had very nice visuals.
  • SophusVirSophusVir Member Posts: 44
    I heard it was much like RaiderZ if it is, I am happy with that I thought the game had very nice visuals.
  • rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

it really is a sad thing that SOE picked this game up, i wish some other publisher like trion had done so but o well

should at least be fun in the beta stages but thats all it can be unfortunately

hallo ~_~

• jaybird50jaybird50 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Dragon Profit
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

some good info for those who haven't seen this yet

http://www.twitch.tv/soe/c/2113170

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• schattenkatzschattenkatz Member Posts: 1

Pay2win MMO and not a good one at that. Not worth your time.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

This will surely be a number one hit.  It has everything people have been asking for.  Giant swords on anime characters, small number of classes, asian style graphics, paper thin game systems, themepark leveling world complete with NPCs with exclamation marks over their hear, instances galore, boring non-descript world with no real lore, and it's F2P with a cash shop for "purely cosmetic" items.

What more could anyone ask for?

Actually, I have no idea what is in the game.  I just made all that up, but I am willing to bet most if not all of that stuff is in the game.

Hey, can I pay for early access Beta?  Maybe get a cool item or some giant shoulder pads or something?

Oh wait, my mistake.  I thought they this was a review for Dragon Born Online, but I see it is for Dragon's Prophet.  Wait, or was that Dragon Nest....or was it Dragon Oath.  Maybe it could  have been Dragon's Call....no, Dragon's Call II....wait, still no.  How about Dragon Saga.  Nope, Dragonica.....yes, that is it.  Wait, no it is not.  DragonFable is the one I am thinking of.  Now that you mention it, it could have been Dragon Raja.....or was it Drakensang, I think that is German for Dragon Song.

Anyway, somthing with the word "dragons" in it.

haha