Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MODing weapons

momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

How exactly do you add mods to you weapons.  I go to the mod window, but all I can do is salvage my weapon.

Thanks

Comments

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

I'm not sure if it's 100 EGO rating but you need to be around that before modding unlocks

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

You can't have the weapon equipped, which is probably the issue you're seeing.  Actually, having weapons and items equipped is a bit weird right now, and I"m not sure if it's intended or not.  Once the weapon is unequipped (which you can only do by equipping something else from what I can tell), you'll see more options in the salvage section for that item.

For example, if you notice that you can't salvage a particular item, make sure it's not equipped on ANY of your loadouts.  Many people, myself included, thought that you simply couldn't destroy starter gear, but it was really related to the loadouts.

You make me like charity

• NecromanticDNecromanticD Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by DMKano

You can only mod weapons that have mod slots on them. Some weapons have none, some have all four. Most weapons only have 1 or 2 mod slots.

You can also add mod slots, add mods into the slots, recover mods from slots, etc. not sure when each option unlocks tho

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

You need a weapon with mod slots open junk weapons have none, or one slot you can mod.

Then you need the mod of that type, specific to the weapon type avalible.

You select the weapon, and if it has mod slots it will let you select from the mod slots you have open, if theres nothing in there you need to buy a mod (its like 500 SC or whatever the currency is called) so its pretty cheap to get.

Just make sure you get a mod thats compatable with the weapon, and make sure you look at all of them since theres more than one benefit a mod could give.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Mods makes no big difference though.

1% reload speed. Omg insane OP.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO74ITJ2af8

This link was posted for me by jmcdermottuk (many thanks again) it goes through the whole weapon modding process.  I followed it yesterday and I manage to get to grips with weapon mods. 

Other thing I noticed not mentioned in the video is don't try to perform weapon mods when using a vehicle, things don't work. 

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

AFAIK you can buy mod slots at the merchants? Or am I incorrect?

I have seen some sort of mod slot upgrade somewhere. But I do not know if it is possible to attach it to any weapon.

Only me having a hard time finding good MODS btw? Only +1% reload speed etc.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

AFAIK you can buy mod slots at the merchants? Or am I incorrect?

I have seen some sort of mod slot upgrade somewhere. But I do not know if it is possible to attach it to any weapon.

Only me having a hard time finding good MODS btw? Only +1% reload speed etc.

There are mod vendor contraptions at certain locations, there you can buy a mod, but again you need to have the right mod for the weapon and the weapon needs to have an open slot of that type.

As far as i know you cant open mod slots.

The mods are slight improvements, however im unsure if green, blue, purple, and orange mods exist.  All ive seen are white mods.

In beta i had an awesome orange machine gun with i think every mod slot open.  I find that the mag clip mod is best used for ammo extension, an extra 10-20 bullets is better than a slight reload speed increase, however it might be better to do the reload speed on a gun thats already fast on the reload, since they typically have small clips and shoot fast, and a few extra bullets wont make a big difference.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    You can open mod slots on a weapon, to have in essence four mods per weapon.  But some weapons have restrictions, such as a quest reward items.  You may only be able to have two in-built mods and nothing else. You can't mod an equipped weapon even if it's in another loadout.    Also opening mod slots on weapons get progressively more expense, that weapon is also out of action for ten minutes while the mod slot is being enabled or a mod is added etc.   You can also do things like retrieve mods and destroy the weapon etc.   Again the video is worth watching explains everything, especially about breaking down old weapons for resources to use later for moding. 

From what I can generally gather moding a weapon is more for the later stages, when you start to pickup the rare weapons. What is an important bit of information is you have XP on the weapon you are using, which then counts towards your overall XP with that particular weapon type.  If you max out the weapon XP and still use it then you don't get further XP for that weapon type.  So for example if you have a favorite LMG at the moment, buy another.  Get it ready to switch when you max out the weapon XP on it.  Of course you could mod it up while you are waiting to use it.
  • momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555
    I've been playing for two hours, I have about 7 mods and a few weapons, the weapons all say non in the mod area, when will I start getting modible weapons? this is wierd.