Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Legacy Achievement System Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new blog post on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site lays out the forthcoming Legacy Achievement system that will arrive with the Scum & Villainy update. As with any achievement system, players can earn special badges and titles. Setting this particular one apart, however, allows all characters in a player's legacy to participate in earning achievements.

[A]ctions from all characters in your Legacy contribute to your Legacy Achievements. Need to discover and dance with 100 kinds of womp rats on Tatooine? No sweat---dance with 50 of them with your Scoundrel while he is on the planet and then go dance with the other 50 later with your Powertech. Your progress is tracked across both characters and the Achievement and its rewards are available to all characters in your Legacy. So you are always contributing to the same set of Achievements and rewards regardless of which character you are playing.

Read the full developer blog on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

65% of players play MMO alone. So there are about 4 or 5 guilds who run raids. How often? How many of them?

Why just not to, let this shallow, useless piece of mmo creation die in piece? Why do you want to see youre favouret SW butchered and butchered againe? Why let it suffer. Do a right thing.

We ALL got hope that ONE day there will be a MMO worthy of SW title. And WE all prey.....

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by theoneandonly

65% of players play MMO alone. So there are about 4 or 5 guilds who run raids. How often? How many of them?

Why just not to, let this shallow, useless piece of mmo creation die in piece? Why do you want to see youre favouret SW butchered and butchered againe? Why let it suffer. Do a right thing.

We ALL got hope that ONE day there will be a MMO worthy of SW title. And WE all prey.....

There are plenty of people who love SWTOR... including me... and I hope SWTOR will never die :). Does it counter your wish? :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by SBFord

Scum & Villainy update.

Somehow that is such an apt name for an EA update, lol

• h3llryuh3llryu Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Scum & Villainy update.

Lol! I completely agree, yet I still love to play SWTOR.

We are all puppets in a fancy show, the trick is to seize the ropes that bind us, and become the puppeteer image

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by h3llryu
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Scum & Villainy update.

Lol! I completely agree, yet I still love to play SWTOR.

Lot of people do but haters cant live with that. 

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

There are plenty of people who love SWTOR... including me... and I hope SWTOR will never die :). Does it counter your wish? :)

Seven, I admire your loyalty, but I was once a fan, and I'm fading too.

This game needs more WoW!  OK, not really.

Legacy was a joke when paying customers were asking for other stuff like Sabaac, Pazaak, Swoop Racing .. freeroam flight, planatary flight, and such.  It broke my heart when I saw developers coming out with a new announcement that they were giving players what they wanted! - Legacy?

So, to the article, all I can say is .. ugh, more legacy.  Cash shop? no thx .. keep it

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187
    Good for the people who enjoy this game. Nice to see you get some kind of love, and I mean that. I'm just not too into the culmative achievements. In city of heroes, after they added achievements, it felt good to ding those first few easy badges. If every defender I made after my main empath never got to earn those badges because I was already working on the big ones, or if my tanks had healing badges visible.... Just seems like an epeen thing, not that I'm judging those who like it, just I'd rather earn every badge my toon shows. Kinda their personal record, not my overall one.
  • SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Theres not as many as you WANT to believe there is......And the numbers are still drastically falling every month.....

Its just a question of time until the plug is pulled, and all that work and effort you put into your character is deleted.....

The few SWTOR fans can try and keep a stiff upper lip, but reality is setting in.......And, we KNOW even they get bored with it, just would never ever admit it......

But hey YOU LOVE SWTOR!

All Will Be Well.....

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Karteli

Seven, I admire your loyalty, but I was once a fan, and I'm fading too.

This game needs more WoW!  OK, not really.

Legacy was a joke when paying customers were asking for other stuff like Sabaac, Pazaak, Swoop Racing .. freeroam flight, planatary flight, and such.  It broke my heart when I saw developers coming out with a new announcement that they were giving players what they wanted! - Legacy?

So, to the article, all I can say is .. ugh, more legacy.  Cash shop? no thx .. keep it

What you talking about it's a way to get Cartel Coins within the game nothing more. This is what some people on here complained about when F2P released. Mini games are coming within future events and who cares anyway lets get a new planet sooner than 15 months next time. Might be our last SW game of decent value for a long time. That's semi-decent or good or amazing in some peoples eyes. SW gaming under Disney looks fairly bland , just sayin.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Originally posted by SaintWalker44

Theres not as many as you WANT to believe there is......And the numbers are still drastically falling every month.....

Its just a question of time until the plug is pulled, and all that work and effort you put into your character is deleted.....

The few SWTOR fans can try and keep a stiff upper lip, but reality is setting in.......And, we KNOW even they get bored with it, just would never ever admit it......

But hey YOU LOVE SWTOR!

I don't see why you talk like you find it weird people actually enjoy the game.

Let them enjoy it for as long as possible and stop bugging us with your doom preaches

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

Hey a new planet!!!! What happend to Illum? Why its not back? Promises on top of broken promises. Extremly overhyped updates thats bring nothing to the game but more profit.

Greed is strong with SWTOR.

Swtor as a game got nothing in it. Take away the gloving sticks and noone will play the game.

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

give them time, they just discovered the cartel market potential. :p

anyways. i was having a blast until they inluded dubble xp weekends. cant play on normal days now. levelling is soo slow.

btw i got 13 toons on a server there. and only 1 sith warrior with "glowing sticks". theres more to star wars then those self rightous jedi scum.

pew pew pew.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

I liked the game tbh, only 2 issues were game breaking for me:

-PVP: stun wars
    -the horrible engine that can't handle >10 players in 1 fight without massive lag. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh
    Originally posted by SaintWalker44

But hey YOU LOVE SWTOR!

I don't see why you talk like you find it weird people actually enjoy the game.

Let them enjoy it for as long as possible and stop bugging us with your doom preaches

Sure! Let them drain your money for items that will be on sale in 2 months,, keep spending suckers!!

All Will Be Well.....

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Why just do not people of your kind just stop following and bashing Swtor all over and over? Do no like it ... do not play it ... forget about.

Rappelz for me was crap, Aion too, ... and I might mention them as now as bad example but would never ever crossed my mind to spend my life with chasing and bashing them. I will let enjoy who enjoy them.

People like you are doom for any good game. Some mind sound person would not spend so much time in his/her heathred. Hate is worst emotion ever, hurts everyone around. As many people do not realise this is no wonder shrinks have full hands of work.

Btw, I find swtor best ever game, best ever Star wars experince and I have seen all movies 1st hand as I'm over 50. I love vritually all aspects of game except I do not care not even minimaly for pvp. And I do not play space combat as is not my genere of gameplay I would enjoy. For the rest all the best.