Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter trending and statistics

Comments

• HokibukisaHokibukisa Member Posts: 185
    Actually, hows about each founder being able to spend founder points to fund a guild's prestige. Like founders being able to come together and turn their guild into a founders guild. Each being allowed to spend a fixed amount of founders points into it.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

it slowed down a lot.

Many people pledge at the end, and raise their pledges near the end, so im 99% sure we will hit the target.

• MMOWarriorMMOWarrior Member UncommonPosts: 33

seeing how things are going I have no doubt they will go well pass the 2 million mark...

• burfoburfo Member Posts: 46
    I've added a graph that shows total income per reward tier.

Burfo

• RealLifeGobboRealLifeGobbo Member Posts: 218

That's some cool stats! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs

• drakon3drakon3 Member Posts: 114
    Anyone else find it interesting that the top 4 tiers combined don't even make up what the $110 or $250 tiers each make?  Granted I realize that those top tiers are producing a lot of funding, but it's certainly not the runaway moneytrain that some people are claiming. 
  • SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by drakon3
    Anyone else find it interesting that the top 4 tiers combined don't even make up what the $110 or $250 tiers each make?  Granted I realize that those top tiers are producing a lot of funding, but it's certainly not the runaway moneytrain that some people are claiming. 

I am not surprised. For every one person who is willing and able to spend $10,000, there are 1,000 willing and able to spend $100.

The top tiers are never the biggest revenue generators; you need to do battle via volume in the $50 - $100 area. Right now Camelot Unchained is not generating enough lower-end backers and really needs to get the volume churning, as the majority of the big pledges are done now. From here on out, it is mostly going to be drive by people willing to chip in the price of a new game.

• MaricMaric Member UncommonPosts: 98
    CU broke 700k in less than 48 hours. Absolute FAIL.  /end sarcasm
  • RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Maric

While that sint bad, the stagnation of new pledges does make for some worrying. It would seem alot of the very dedicated pledgers are all captured, which means you're looking at 1.3 mil from not so dedicated people, which could be a too steep mountain to climb.

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Oldskoo
    Originally posted by Hokibukisa
    Large backers always make the biggest difference in other contribution based projects. Like open source stuff, a small fraction of contributors make up 70% of the contribution.

Yes, that is correct. It's basically the 80/20 rule ( in this case 20% of contributors would be responsible for 80% of the funding). Those large backers will make or break the KS campaign. As was touched on in another thread, I wish there was a simple means for gamer guilds to easily have their own way to fund as a group.  Perhaps if they (guilds) could have their own "piggy bank" that measured their total contribution within the overall KS campaign that would work but I don't even know if something like that is possible and if it was, viable at this stage of the campaign. Either way, you are dead on about we need these big supporters and any way we can get word out to them we need to do. 

Burfo's 'total income per reward tier' seems to paint a different picture in CU's case.

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

• drakon3drakon3 Member Posts: 114
    Especially at this stage of the game you're more likely to find 40 different people that are willing to dump $25 then you are to find a single person to dontate $1000.  Not sure where those people got their stats that said the big dollar doners make up most of the funding, but that's complete bunk in this case.
  • BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182

When comparing it to this game, I'm getting a bit worried if we will make it, will be tight:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/#chart-daily

• HeartsparkHeartspark Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz
    Originally posted by Maric

While that sint bad, the stagnation of new pledges does make for some worrying. It would seem alot of the very dedicated pledgers are all captured, which means you're looking at 1.3 mil from not so dedicated people, which could be a too steep mountain to climb.

CU launched KS at end of a weekend, coming this weekend when more are at home will be a good judge.  Also, lots are just holding off till near the end to see if it actually has a chance and then donate. Don't forget, peoples next payday they can contribute since that falls on a Friday or every 2 weeks like lots of US business. :D

Heartspark: Animist rr12, bors, Lone Enforcer, Retired

Dranzerk: Berzerker (kay) retired
    Dhei: Spiritmaster (Kay) retired
    Goblinking : Hunter (Kay) retired
    Moongoose: Shadowblade (Kay) retired

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

I am in a large adult MMO guild and there is very little talk about this game. Most people are interested in near-term games like TESO, Neverwinter, Wildstar and Darkfall. There are so many games going on right now that CU falls through the cracks.

There needs to be more coverage aside from mmorpg.com and gamebreaker.tv . On TenTonHammer and Massively it gets buried underneath all the other gaming news.

• MasahikoKobeMasahikoKobe Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by PeZzy

I am in a large adult MMO guild and there is very little talk about this game. Most people are interested in near-term games like TESO, Neverwinter, Wildstar and Darkfall. There are so many games going on right now that CU falls through the cracks.

There needs to be more coverage aside from mmorpg.com and gamebreaker.tv . On TenTonHammer and Massively it gets buried underneath all the other gaming news.

because theres more to see from those games. Mostly what we have from CU is ideas. Ideas will get you so far but people like to see shiny things from the game.

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267
    meh I wouldn't be too worried yet. I'm going to donate $110 - just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm not in any rush to do so. I'm sure there are tons of low range donors like me just waiting.
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Hers the truth of it, despite CU hammering the forms there is nada on the news pages.

If this was an EA title 8 of the 10 features would be about it as was the case for SWTOR and GW2.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• MasahikoKobeMasahikoKobe Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Hers the truth of it, despite CU hammering the forms there is nada on the news pages.

If this was an EA title 8 of the 10 features would be about it as was the case for SWTOR and GW2.

Thats what happens when you have the ability to hire gorilla marketing firms.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by MasahikoKobe
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Thats what happens when you have the ability to hire gorilla marketing firms.

There is an article currently on nth front page about Dayz ..... It's not even an mmorpg.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374

How about a bar graph of day/#pledgers

day1=x

day2=y

etc

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by naezgul

How about a bar graph of day/#pledgers

day1=x

day2=y

etc

Do they have a sprint chart to see when it would pass  based on the current (say 24 hours) funding trend?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Worry not, the game will explode as they release more footage.  The amount of new info since they launched kickstarter is phenomenal compared to other young projects. I think they will do just fine, give them time.  Game isn't out till Dec.2015, still plenty of time to promote.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BurgundusBurgundus Member Posts: 23

" Game isn't out till Dec.2015, still plenty of time to promote."

True, but I think what they're concerned or talking about is the trend for the kickstarter which is one month.  I think /hope it will be fine, but don't have any past funding trends to base it off of.  I'll be interested to see how we do this weekend.

Maybe some of the guilds are taking a while to get it together for the guild tiers.  I know mine is planning on getting for one, and still consolidating the funds for it to make the pledge.

I put in for a tier, and could put in more as I see what other items and information comes out.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

It is common to see a second kickstarter later too. This one will succeed obviously but there are many stages and hurdles to cross for CSE over the next 2+ years. Once the path is laid out financially for their basic goals I would think it likely to see another kickstarter devoted entired to stretch goals. Others have done it.

Pledge rewards would change dramatically of course and the limited rewards now being the most valuable so if you got the cash ... spend it now!

You stay sassy!

• HokibukisaHokibukisa Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Tamanous

It is common to see a second kickstarter later too. This one will succeed obviously but there are many stages and hurdles to cross for CSE over the next 2+ years. Once the path is laid out financially for their basic goals I would think it likely to see another kickstarter devoted entired to stretch goals. Others have done it.

Pledge rewards would change dramatically of course and the limited rewards now being the most valuable so if you got the cash ... spend it now!

I wouldn't say obviously. The pledges per day are dropping and if they drop below the required trend, well obviously it will be trending toward failure.

This discussion has been closed.