Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was the "special" info that was under Alpha NDA?

Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
Anything good and aww shocking?  Or just the same game we all saw in beta?

Comments

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    I guess nothing then since ALpha NDA is over right since it is released?
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I woudln't say that with confidence, I don't think I ever saw an NDA lift for alpha.  Trion really did beta testing differently this time. Then again i could've just missed it.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

The Alpha NDA is still in effect, or as in effect as any non-legally binding agreement of that sort can be.

As someone who was in Alpha, why they insist it's still up is something of a mystery, to be honest. But there you have it.

FWIW, the Alpha forums are still up and semi-active. Who knows, perhaps the intend to continue to use the Alpha group as testers.

Given how little they listened to Alpha testers, why would, again, be a mystery.

That doesn't make much sense to me, I mean it is Trion that made this game right? They are notorious for the amount for content they release and for their ability to listen to the players. 
  • NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125

Alpha NDA is still in effect as there are a lot of stuff still getting tested which is not in the released game but in the DLC's

They did not want the following released

(1) The total number of quest 

(2) The currently release zone count

(3) The parts tested in Aplha which are not in the currently released game as they will be released as DLC (at the same time the zones show up in the TV series)

(4) What the Buiters drop and how to kill them.

(5) The DLS weapon skins and ammo 'maker' mods

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by Torcip
    That doesn't make much sense to me, I mean it is Trion that made this game right? They are notorious for the amount for content they release and for their ability to listen to the players. 

I've only ever been in one Alpha group (have been in over 18) where the NDA was ever lifted.  Even post release.

Originally posted by ragz45

I've only ever been in one Alpha group (have been in over 18) where the NDA was ever lifted.  Even post release.

I get that part, that's what I thought in the first place, what I meant was that Trion not listening to players or not having anything else hidden in the Alpha does not really seem like Trion.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    But alpha testing ended, you can't log in with the client so how can there still be an nda?
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Natjur

That right there would have me concerned if they do not want that out....  Has the precursor for DLC cash grab going forward for more zones....  Thanks all for the posts.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Alpha NDA is still in effect as there are a lot of stuff still getting tested which is not in the released game but in the DLC's

(3) The parts tested in Aplha which are not in the currently released game as they will be released as DLC (at the same time the zones show up in the TV series)

The first three sort of prove that they have tried to deliberately pull the wool over everyone's eyes. They wanted to hide how small the game was, how few missions there were and the fact that most of the DLC content could have and should have been part of the release game, but instead was chopped off to sell later, which is a trend that has earned many developers serious fan base ire in recent years.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by fiontar

The first three sort of prove that they have tried to deliberately pull the wool over everyone's eyes. They wanted to hide how small the game was, how few missions there were and the fact that most of the DLC content could have and should have been part of the release game, but instead was chopped off to sell later, which is a trend that has earned many developers serious fan base ire in recent years.

Developers stated DLC will include free content and those who dont buy it wont be locked out of any dungeons ect.

On topic, im surprised no one thought about plot line spoilers...

Again people seem to want to ignore that they are going to at least try to keep the game and show on the same pace...which would have to mean content that "premiers" in game roughly the same time that content premiers on TV.

This would explain a lack of storyline content...because...well they cant put out spoilers for the show...that would wreck the show, and i doubt they want to do that.

So what if they have alpha testers bound under NDA testing game content that would ruin the TV show if it was leaked?  I mean it makes sense. 

I dont see Trion as being a company thats going to cut and run, meaning they are hiding a lack of content and features and are going to milk people later, granted the developers statements contradicting that...also i want to believe that the syfy network wouldnt want to be a part of a product that did this. 

I would honestly believe this is all bullshit, truth be told, if this was some no name or item mall company and no tv show tie in.  The TV show tie in means more money is at stake here than just the mmo.  Despite i only got a few months out of Rift, what these guys have done with the game is remarkable and i hope they do the same with this game, even if this game only lasts me 3 months as well.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

All opinions,not fact as i do not share them.

As to WHY,it is sort of obvious to me but yes ,still an opinion NOT fact.

IF there was content in Alpha that didn't make the game,it throws a wrench into the claim that they release a quality product.That would mean they omitted or left out content that was buggy or just not finished.So instead of waiting to fix everything,they just leave it out and PRETEND to give you free content later,when in reality,it was content that SHOULD have been ready for release.

That way a developer can rush a product out the door AND look good in the public's eye becuase "Oh we are giving you all this free content and lots of it".

I don't blame any one developer,they are all doing it,GW2 did it,FFXIV did it pretty much all of them.I actually don't take kindly to devs doing that.It really struck home for me becuase my fave game of FFXI also started doing it a couple xpacs ago.If yo ureally pay attention to the game you play,it will become obvious,where the developer left unfinished work or bugs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I think we will have to wait an see. If the average person has enough content for the first month? then its all fine. If players run out the first week, maybe you have a point.
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Again...game and tv show tied together...not going to release content before it hits the tv show...also its been confirmed free content with the DLC and they are not locking people who dont buy it out of dungeons.

im not sure why i have to say this over and over...but it seems no one here gets it..or wants to get it maybe?

Because you're going by what the devs have said and to be honest many devs in the past have made promises they couldn't keep.  Bioware shipping with content locked on the game disk comes to mind.

People are paying for this game, its not Neverwinter saying we will give you the game and some content for free then have regular content you can buy.

Since its a buy to play, there should be a certain amount of content that comes with the $60.  People shouldn't be given  2 weeks amount of content and have to wait a few weeks for more.  We don't know how much will be free either.

I assume Defiance shipped with the fair market of content.  If it didn't I think people who paid have the right to complain about it.