Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Officially Launching April 16th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a new post on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars forums, the game will finally be released on April 16th. The game has been in beta for the past five months and feedback provided to the development team brought several critical changes.

The Darkfall community who participated in the beta provided the development team with invaluable feedback a lot of which led to additions and changes to the game, and will lead to many more in the near future. We believe the game has benefited greatly through the Beta process, and we are excited about what lies ahead. We know we have a lot of work to do and we will never be satisfied as we strive to make Darkfall Unholy Wars the best PvP MMORPG experience.

Read the full announcement on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Beerman27Beerman27 Member Posts: 23
    Any idea if we will need to re download the whole game apon release or will they just patch the beta client and such?
  • grouikfrgrouikfr Member Posts: 2
    3 years ago you could play with beta client, and patch it. the launcher will probably be new.
  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

Not ready at all. Way less content currently than darkfall 1 had. Its like a downgrade, and combat is so slow that you might aswell be playing eve. It's a shell of darkfall 1, with worse combat, and worse graphics. Races all have the same exact size character models with different faces and look like a joke.

They just want to sell boxes to new players. They will release the game unfinished and add hardly anything else post release like they did for darkfall 1.

If your looking for a game like darkfall 1 but with less features and worse gameplay then your the only person that will remain subbed after the first free month.

What a joke.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    At first I was going to check this out, they messed it up though.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Finally!

Now I'm going to have to pry myself away from EVE to check out the beta that I haven't played since I got tired of all the wipes.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    is there vanilla servers ? vanilla DFO without exploilers and other scum and interest meter rises 13%.

Let's internet

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Finally!

Now I'm going to have to pry myself away from EVE to check out the beta that I haven't played since I got tired of all the wipes.

The wipes are what made you stop playing? Not the shitty gameplay, horrible bugs, lame graphics and the worst company ever to design games?

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    You are NOT going to want to miss the slow-motion trainwreck of this game's launch, it is going to be a sight to behold.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by ironhelix
    You are NOT going to want to miss the slow-motion trainwreck of this game's launch, it is going to be a sight to behold.

so true, lol  Steam forums are gonna be pure comedy gold!

• DalekThayDalekThay Member Posts: 52
    Oh man, this is gonna be good... I shall have to buy some popcorn to eat on the 14th... image
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    You mean the game they will send into a post beta - beta on april 16th? Trying to get more pre orders just to announce it isn't ready yet again? I'm suprised anyone still supports this company. They have horrid practices.
  • Lowfer69Lowfer69 Member UncommonPosts: 65

LOL. that is all.

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94

it's understandable that some people are sceptic to the luanch but having spent over nearly 300 hours into the beta myself i can say that the game is not as flawed and is actually more ready for launch than what DF 1 was.  It will be much easier to support this launch, both with content but also techically speaking in terms of stability and the performance of the game overall.

Of course the dwellers and deluded will come forth and cry because they cant play the trainwreck of a game that was DF 1 and curse this game to the ground if they have to, but the fact remains that if DF 1 was a good game we would play it today.

• BamanenBamanen Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Ive played hundreds of hours in the beta and the game wasn't supposed to be darkfall 1. The game isn't bad, and no matter what anyone on mmorpg.com says if you like sandbox and pvp its the best around (non-scifi). I am not a big fan of eve but saying DF combat is comparable to EVE is hilarious and not even close to fact. I joined mmorpg.com in 2002 and it is probably the worst community site out there, so please take any negative comment from haters with a grain of salt and try it yourself. Its the closest your going to get to a Skyrim mmorpg where players shape the world. Lets see what the next couple of days bring, but the devs have been taking all beta feedback and actually implementing what players have been asking for. See you in game.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Looking toward to another Darkfall launch.  Darkfall 1 (first few months) was the best experience of any mmo have ever played.  If you are interested in playing darkfall, make sure you try it at the beginning.  Hopefully the game will have legs to carry it forward.
  • CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    their funds are running low after the dec scam. So they are running a "launch" again..
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    is there vanilla servers ? vanilla DFO without exploilers and other scum and interest meter rises 13%.

Never possible, with any mmo, regardless of population size.

• PipsannaPipsanna Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Literally booted this up and played it a few days ago. It's horrible. Why is this being released already.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    You people dont actually think they're going to release on that date do ya? Given their history expect atleast 2 launch delays.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    I was extremely disappointed with this. DFUW was probably the worst move this company made. At least DF1 had people who would sub, I'm not sure anyone would play this after the initial month.
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

Cool, April 16th...

What year?

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

is this like, just buggy release bad, or is this like Dark & light bad?

i liked the concepts of DFUW i have read about and sort of liked DF1.  i was like, oh neat i'll pick it up on steam; i have some steam credit i havent used, then i read this thread :

stay away?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by itchmon

is this like, just buggy release bad, or is this like Dark & light bad?

i liked the concepts of DFUW i have read about and sort of liked DF1.  i was like, oh neat i'll pick it up on steam; i have some steam credit i havent used, then i read this thread :

stay away?

Definitely not as bad as dark and light - but it also is not really that good at all..  I made a post in the DF forums here showing how much stuff is missing.  That should give you a general idea.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Sketch420

Not ready at all. Way less content currently than darkfall 1 had. Its like a downgrade, and combat is so slow that you might aswell be playing eve. It's a shell of darkfall 1, with worse combat, and worse graphics. Races all have the same exact size character models with different faces and look like a joke.

They just want to sell boxes to new players. They will release the game unfinished and add hardly anything else post release like they did for darkfall 1.

If your looking for a game like darkfall 1 but with less features and worse gameplay then your the only person that will remain subbed after the first free month.

What a joke.

Slow combat is a good thing

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 271
    glad they are finally launching.  they should just call it paid open beta with no wipes.  I don't mind playing in the state its in if it helps them get funding and they don't wipe it any more.