Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What does this game offer me as a casual player?

2»

Comments

• MaephistoMaephisto somewhere, DCPosts: 632Member
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Naqaj
    Whereas most MMOs are designed around long-term progression, GW2 is very much focused on short-term, easy to jump in experiences. I guess that makes it very friendly for casual players, where as the hardcore MMO players miss the mechanics that reward them for their dedication.

Let's fix this for you :

Where as most MMO's are designed around long-term gear grind progression , GW2 is very much focused on skill based advancement where your actual playing skills are more important then the gear you wear .I guess this makes GW2 friendly to casual players because advancement just requires skill improvement ,where as the hardcore MMO player likes to depend on the gear grind mechanics that rewards them for the time spent (better gear) not for the skills they develop and use .

+1  Perfectly written.

This should be the standard retort to the common hater "talking points."

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Porto AlegrePosts: 1,016Member Uncommon

Ok, let me give you an example of what I do during the week

1) WvWvW jumping puzzle with every character (5) for badge of honor - 30mins - reward: 15~30 BoH

2) Daily PvE (10 ~ 30mins) - reward: lawrels/medal 

3) Daily sPvP (10 ~ 30mins) - reward: lawrel/pvp craft mat/rank points

4) Citadel of Fire Path 1 (15~30mins) - reward: karma/silver/token

in around 2h i can get a lot of stuff and they are fun to do.

Hope you like Gw2 :)

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Columbus, OHPosts: 520Member
    GW2 is the casual players wet dream but it's not really an MMO and has no lasting power. Great value for your money though and if you play it like a single player console game you won't be disappointed.
  • fat_taddlerfat_taddler Wanaque, NJPosts: 286Member

GW2 is a great game to play casually.   You get XP from just about everything (quests, crafting, exploration, etc) and there's really no gear or group requirements to experience most of the content (except dungeons). 

If you want to PvP but don't want to wait til level 80, no problem you can jump right in, your stats will automatically be adjusted to level 80.

I played at launch and went pretty hardcore with some buddies which caused me to miss some of the great things about the game.  Now that I'm revisiting it and rolling an alt in a more casual manner I'm enjoying GW2 a lot more. 

• Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    GW2 is the casual players wet dream but it's not really an MMO and has no lasting power. Great value for your money though and if you play it like a single player console game you won't be disappointed.

?? I'm kind of confused with statement .....I don't see any difference in the way people play GW2 today then any game I've played since DAOC . To be totally honest about lasting power besides WOW which lost it's appeal in 2007 for me GW2 seems to be of more intrest still to me then any other mmo since WOW's hayday . If GW2 isn't an MMO please tell this poor gamer what game is a real MMO ? I mean there must be some MMO out there where all the cool hardcore kats like yourself hang out ..just I haven't been able to find it in 14 years

2»