Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazing little things

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Nice to hear you enjoyed the game. What server are you in and what is your level (since Rohan is lvl.80s content)?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Yep, there were a lot of "little thing changes" in the recent updates. Remote looting is nice but can quickly litter up your bags :) open tapping and the xp-punishment remove is even nicer. And the 6th bag is finally working.

You can now disable forced emote effects (some asked for it since the last forced emote change).

We got Mithril coins not long ago, Turbine unified all tokens and festival coins and writs into one currency (we'll see in the future whether is it good or just a step towards DDO's planned new AH)

I'm sure there are more, but these were the most notable ones.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I will just say I bought the Life-Time Subscription and now that it is F2p. Im not very impressed and will never buy another Turbin game and I do have the money.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

I will just say I bought the Life-Time Subscription and now that it is F2p. Im not very impressed and will never buy another Turbin game and I do have the money.

I'm the complete opposite.  I too bought the Life Time sub back in 2009 and haven't regretted it since and am glad I did and love this game and can't wait to see more Turbine games come down the pipe. 

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251

I will just say I bought the Life-Time Subscription and now that it is F2p. Im not very impressed and will never buy another Turbin game and I do have the money.image

This Makes No Sense At All. Even If You Paid $299 At Launch That Would Have Been Paid For In Under Two Years! TheGame Has Been Out For Over 5 Yrs. How Anyone Who Bought The Lifetime In Lotro Can Whine And Cry Is Amazing. Its By Far The Best Purchase Of A Lifetime Membership In The History Of Mmos!
    Originally posted by elocke

I'm the complete opposite.  I too bought the Life Time sub back in 2009 and haven't regretted it since and am glad I did and love this game and can't wait to see more Turbine games come down the pipe. 

And I'm the complete ... err middle-ground :)

I skipped LTA both times, and have regretted it in retrospect. I cancelled sub after the Eu servers were transferred to US (it was a great decision money-wise, I should've cancelled earlier, right after the f2p conversion :) ).

Love the game and still playing it. True, LTA would be better, but Premium suits me fine too...

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I bought the lifetime for 299 and don't regret it.  I played the hell out of LOTRO for more than 2 years, but I switched to GW2 when it released.  After GW2 combat I have a hard time with the traditional rooted in place combat.  I still believe for story and community LOTRO is unparalled.  Maybe some day I will return, but I am still having a fantastic time in GW2. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Yeah I'm in the "I wish I'd bought the lifetime" camp. I started in 2008 but didn't jump on the bandwagon and regret it now. It's an awesome game and a wonderful story. And imo has the best hybrid F2P monetization method around today.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    This is one game I always return to because it has so much heart.  I bounce back to GW2 once in a while and it's just not as fun.  LOTRO is an OG themepark, and even with the F2P changes, it's still more fun than almost everything else out there in my opinion.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    just noticd the mini map and it has mobs on it now, very nice to not have to run all over the place looking for mobs !

Just checked, and it really does... Dunno when that change happened, to be honest I rarely see onto the minimap since I'm familiar with the landscape after all these exploring years, and I mean not only the four Farthings :)

Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

A lot of the area like Rohan is still new to me :D so it is very nice to have a little help when wondering new areas and finding the quest mobs :D

True. I'm not proud of it but I wasn't around Rohan in the last few months, my best and favourite area is still Eriador... Rohan is a great expansion, nice area, the mounted combat is fun, but I still prefer strolling around the original content on foot.

Not to mention, a hobbit on a war steed... bad idea :) It was tough enough to get used to pony riding - luckily the Inn League helped, nothing is better to ease the uncomfortable ride than a couple kegs of the finest ale :)

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104

I'm afraid you have failed to grasp what you gained when the game went free to play, given your limited intelligence. Lifetime one off payment at launch gives you VIP status for free for ever, so you never pay a sub again to get all the things other VIPs have to pay a monthly sub for. Plus you get 500TP a month for nothing. Free to play has been a better deal than when it was pay to play for lifers.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I keep going back to this game and love it. Finally gave WOW up for good to play this game. I won't leave it again till a new great game comes out. Right now, I just don't see that happening in the near future. The story line seems to hold u and they stay true to the Lord of the Rings. Can't say enough about the community, at least on Gladden.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!