Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK Haters, here's a few things you can do...

FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

Quoted from Arsenic_Touch:

"You have random events, arkfalls, time trials, rampages, co'op missions, contracts, shadow war, episode missions, actual side missions and the main missions. I really doubt you've done everything there is to experience in this game.

Doesn't include the exploring and pursuits."

Modding and PvP too

And the show has yet to launch.

----

It's AMAZING, absolutely amazing how when GW2 launched with it's horizontal progression that was eaten up in no time flat with NOTHING left to do but gather outfits and explore, how vehemently most people defended the game as the greatest thing since the coming of Christ.  People were losing there minds (and still are) if anyone says anything bad about the game.

Yet this game comes along, that might be even a small challenge to other games, and new accounts are created (yea go look at the threads for the people that have just recently made accounts or just started posting) JUST to hate on the game.  I know, it happenes every time a new game comes along around here; I should be used to it.  Frankly unless you love xxx game flavor of the month, the community at large is going to troll you.

---

I don't even think the game is that great, but it's better than a lot of the tripe out there.  I just think it's hysterical that no matter how many people like it, people have to get on here and say "well my FREIND said it was bad" and "HE BEAT IT" and "I SAW THIS AWFUL GAMEPLAY VID".

Really, GW2 or any of your other precious games aren't getting hurt.  I play lots of MMO's (GW2 included) at once too and it doesn't hurt me that another's out.   Just go be hurt in the corner trolls.

---

For those with Legit complaints; Sorry.  I don't mean to degrade those in any way.  Of course I know there are legit complaints.  It just becomes really hard to filter though them any more around here.

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I thought Defiance was the game flavor of the month.

But seriously, I didn't say the game looked awful, but yeah it's annoying seeing these random "new" accounts pop up to bash a game.  I don't even think it looks like a bad product, just that I personally am not going to pay 60 bucks for it.

Regardless, this thread won't help matters, but it's good to get things off your chest anyway I suppose.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    It has a ton of stuff to do, but none of it was very well done. That is my personal issue with it. Just cramming in as much stuff as you can so you can claim it has it is not the basis of a good game.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Kinda confused..

1) what does GW2 have to do w/ any of this. You keep referencing gw2 like it's somehow relevant to what's going on w/ Defiance.

2) Last I checked, Defiance IS the latest flavor of the month. It's the current hype train to buy.

I haven't played the game yet, but people have brought up some fairly sensible issues with the game already. Not the least of which was Total Biscuits latest teaser review which points out some of the issues with the games (aparently horrible) AI.

Maybe the game is amazing, but so far I haven't seen much to make me want to invest the 60+$ to find out. I'll never understand why people have a compulsive need to troll (anything) just to hate, however so far it's looking like this game might have legitimate pitfalls to be concerned about.

Just my 2c.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I am an avid GW2 fanboy and not afraid to admit it. I also bought Defiance and am having fun with it. So... there. I guess. 

Defiance is a good, fun game. What more can you ask for? So far there seems to be plenty of content providing of course you actually do the content, and I'm looking forwards to the show and how it may tie in. I like how the progression is more horizontal in a GW2esque fashion than vertical. It would be nice if the questing was more dynamic and I'm not a fan of phasing, but it seems to work here so won't complain about it. Yesterday I played both GW2 and Defiance. It was a good day.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

It seems like you have more issues with people liking GW2 than you do with people "hating" Defiance. You just seem really angry for some reason. What does GW2 even have to do with the quality of the game?

Besides that, isn't this the x game flavor of the month right now? It's not like you seem all that excited about it though. I mean, you are even saying that you don't think the game is that great. I've seen a lot of people share that opinion and don't see what's so wrong with them expressing it.

I haven't played it, but I've seen some gameplay videos of it and it looks like it was probably rushed. I'm not going to spend any money on it until I read a solid amount of reviews about it for sure.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

People are saying the game world is about the size of two WoW zones.  That alone is enough for me to skip this title.

I wish it the best of luck, along with most MMO's.  I have no desire to see it fail.  Sounds like they have a good basis for a game just not enough of it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Fluxii

"You have random events, arkfalls, time trials, rampages, co'op missions, contracts, shadow war, episode missions, actual side missions and the main missions. I really doubt you've done everything there is to experience in this game.

Modding and PvP too

----

It's AMAZING, absolutely amazing how when GW2 launched with it's horizontal progression that was eaten up in no time flat with NOTHING left to do but gather outfits and explore, how vehemently most people defended the game as the greatest thing since the coming of Christ.  People were losing there minds (and still are) if anyone says anything bad about the game.

Yet this game comes along, that might be even a small challenge to other games, and new accounts are created (yea go look at the threads for the people that have just recently made accounts or just started posting) JUST to hate on the game.  I know, it happenes every time a new game comes along around here; I should be used to it.  Frankly unless you love xxx game flavor of the month, the community at large is going to troll you.

---

I don't even think the game is that great, but it's better than a lot of the tripe out there.  I just think it's hysterical that no matter how many people like it, people have to get on here and say "well my FREIND said it was bad" and "HE BEAT IT" and "I SAW THIS AWFUL GAMEPLAY VID".

Really, GW2 or any of your other precious games aren't getting hurt.  I play lots of MMO's (GW2 included) at once too and it doesn't hurt me that another's out.   Just go be hurt in the corner trolls.

---

For those with Legit complaints; Sorry.  I don't mean to degrade those in any way.  Of course I know there are legit complaints.  It just becomes really hard to filter though them any more around here.

You said a lot here.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    I don't even think the game is that great, but it's better than a lot of the tripe out there.

Damned with faint praise.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Stromm
    I don't even think the game is that great, but it's better than a lot of the tripe out there.

Damned with faint praise.

Exactly.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

All I can say is this: http://kotaku.com/defiance-is-off-to-a-rocky-start-but-yo-wont-see-play-468189342

he played for 3 hours and: Bugged newbie quests, chat not working at all, poor video options, UI was not edited at all for a pc

Did they ever improve the pvp so its not just everyone and their mother running around spamming rocket launchers all over the place? Because I was in beta and found that a major downside to the pvp.

I am sort fo glad I never bought defiance yet, I might pick it up once these issues are fixed, but for now I am going to sit and watch how it progresses.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• QuorinaQuorina Member Posts: 41

Personally, I have a couple of issues with the game.

For one, something that really turned me off are the cutscenes, and the lack of your character adding anything to the conversation. It is all a one-sided conversation and that annoys me to no end. They did that in TSW and I hated it as well.

As has already been said, the UI was absolutely awful to me. I had a very hard time navigating it. It's one of the worst interface I've seen in a modern MMO. I just cannot play until that is fixed.

Now, I didn't play the game very long, so I'm not going to review it because beside those two issues the game could very well be good.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Modding and PvP too

----

---

---

This is how a lot of people felt about, and still feel about, how the people post in the GW2 forums.  Here we are more than 6 months post launch and people are still bashing it.  The ironic thing is you are even bashing GW2 in a thread that asks why people are bashing Defiance.  I still find it fascinating how the only time GW2 is refered to as the "second coming" is in a sentence that is stated negatively towards the game.

If you like this game (note I haven't said anything negative about Defiance becuase I don't know anything about it and I have not even played it), then call people out on their B.S. on the forums when you see it.  That's really all you can do. 

I really do hope the Defiance forums don't end up like GW2's with all the constant, "I hate the game becuase of X" posts.  It makes it hard or nearly impossible to have even a simple thread such as one that was dedicated to screenshots of all things.  I think even SWTOR's forums have paled in comparison.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The game has various stuff to do in, but nothing of it is new or well done.

Just like Rift, Defiance is a mixture of things you know from other games and you'll find many of those features more entertaining in those other games.

Better weapons, better loot, better vehicle-action (or customisable vehicles), better character progression, better coop, better exploration, better.... it has all been done in other games. Many of them didn't came at triple A price tag.

Trion again did what they do best: take everything that's been out there, mix it up and talk about "unlike everything that has been seen before...".

Only point i may give to Defiance could be the story, but that has still to be seen after the tv-show run for a season or two. And story usually isn't what i play a shooter for.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Mardukk

People are saying the game world is about the size of two WoW zones.  That alone is enough for me to skip this title.

I wish it the best of luck, along with most MMO's.  I have no desire to see it fail.  Sounds like they have a good basis for a game just not enough of it.

So because someone said it, it must be true? Well damn let me go ahead right now and proclaim myself to be Emperor of the Known Universe. Step aside Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV. There is a new king of the hill.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

WTB in depth list of all stuff you can do in a standerd MMo to make me Lol.

Come on, it was entertaining seeing GW2 fanbois use things every mmo has, lets see it for defiance too!

Seriously, don't bother putting lists like this up though, some of it does I guess have value, but if people are compalining about stuff like this they likely do see what there is to offer and don't like it... or they are blind.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Defiance is a pretty cool title, played for about 5 hours so far, that is twice as long as it took me to request a refund for Guildtrash2

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Personally, I want more non pew-pew stuff.  Crafting, real crafting, would be cool one day.  Love to make myself a car/ATV.  :P  

Not a lot of non-combat activities, which is just off-putting to hardcore MMO folks I think. Needs fluff, as it were.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138

We go through this with every mmo/game.

Diablo 2 was good but didn't become great until ladders and the expansion.

Diablo 3 wasn't that great at the beginning. Now look at all the updates,fixes, content added with more to come.

Guild Wars 2 wasn't that great once you got to end game . Now look at all the updates,fixes, content added with more to come.

Just play the game, have fun and see what changes or gets update. They already added a patch in to tweak some things.

They said they can pop ark falls in if they wanted to. There is plenty to do in Defiance. It's one thing to have a constuctive problem but stop complaining about something if you just don't like it. 

I have a problem with the perks copying from one load out to another but the fourms are all about This game sucks, its short, I hate it, I wasted my money, where are my preorders....... Glad those things are more important.