Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Darkfall Unholy Wars Launch - April 16

CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member

Darkfall Unholy Wars will launch on April 16th after 5 months in beta . During beta, we addressed many issues through 8 major updates, did a lot of work on game balance and game polish, increased game performance on all levels, added new features like salvaging, changed the way character progression works through Prowess Points -effectively eliminating macroing gains and ensuring that characters progress only by playing the game- added a new role, the Primalist and completed the integration with the Steam platform. 

The Darkfall community who participated in the beta provided the development team with invaluable feedback a lot of which led to additions and changes to the game, and will lead to many more in the near future. We believe the game has benefited greatly through the Beta process, and we are excited about what lies ahead. We know we have a lot of work to do and we will never be satisfied as we strive to make Darkfall Unholy Wars the best PvP MMORPG experience. 

Recognizing the importance of the community’s contribution during beta, we will work to continuously improve the community-developer interaction level by daily updates and on many different levels to ensure that the high level of cooperation between developers and players is meaningful and continues to benefit the evolution of Darkfall Unholy Wars throughout its’ lifecycle.

We will be posting more information in the next few days, updating the community daily on all developments. 

Thank you for reading. 

Tasos Flambouras - Aventurine

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

Comments

• SysFailSysFail LondonPosts: 375Member
    Considering what is being changed still within beta, this is unexpected to say the least...
  • KanesterKanester WalesPosts: 374Member Uncommon

At last!

• HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member

I am VERY SORRY to hear this, it's simply not ready.  But, at least the NDA will be lifted! image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XZxXEidtxHk#t=1s

• is.lander.12is.lander.12 psoliPosts: 40Member
    Finally! I'm looking forward  to release, hoping that they will not change the date again...
  • Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Kazoo, MIPosts: 207Member

Is there going to be a level wipe?

or do we get to get slain by Leet high level beta players opening day?

• CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member
    Originally posted by Dwarfman420

Is there going to be a level wipe?

There will be a wipe, of course.

Everyone starts fresh.

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Kazoo, MIPosts: 207Member
    Good to know + encouraging. Thank you
    Good to know + encouraging. Thank you

Only if they don't wipe again after release.

That will still happen within 24 hours of launch anyway.

• FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    very cool, that is a title I will definitely check out

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• AngryBeaverAngryBeaver Meggett, SCPosts: 34Member
    Any word on early access for preorder?
    Originally posted by AngryBeaver
    Any word on early access for preorder?

Im certain they'll do another staggered release, servers cant handle it.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Wellford, SCPosts: 1,006Member Uncommon
    didnt this game already have and miss a previous release date? the devs have been pretty much radio silent for months too.. meh
    Originally posted by TribeofOne
    didnt this game already have and miss a previous release date? the devs have been pretty much radio silent for months too.. meh

Yes, last public post was 12-18-12

• wrekognizewrekognize salt lake city, UTPosts: 384Member

They've been pretty active with beta testers.

• StarIStarI waka wakaPosts: 924Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by wrekognize

Can confirm that.

Originally posted by wrekognize

Maybe in the last 2 weeks. Overall their interaction during the beta has been pretty pathetic and the beta has suffered accordingly.

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,421Member Uncommon

That is a decent job imo.

Other games are not taking beta testing serious,they run gimmick like "event weekends" and mass market their games.They tell you how they take feedback serious,yet take no time to utilize it.

Take at look at some games right now.Instead of hearing about the great things a game is doing,we hear talk about ,who is donating the most money.

So now i can add,Aion/Archeage and Darkfall to the games that at least took Beta testing serious.

I am not saying i am a DF fan,but  i will say for some Greek guy never heard of before,he "GETS IT".He understands what you need to do in a serious manner,no sideshows or gimmicks ,he just tries to get the job done.

Samoan Diamond

Originally posted by Wizardry

So now i can add,Aion/Archeage and Darkfall to the games that at least took Beta testing serious.

I am not saying i am a DF fan,but  i will say for some Greek guy never heard of before,he "GETS IT".He understands what you need to do in a serious manner,no sideshows or gimmicks ,he just tries to get the job done.

What? image  This was as an "imprumpto beta" and the game was touted as being commercial ready 5 months ago.  Its "readiness" was a gimmick to help sell pre-orders, no one expected a 5 month beta based on statemenst by Tasos.  Many wouldn't have taken issue if they'd known it was an extended working beta. The game still needs another year....

Its was a pay to access beta. that alone should set off red flags

AV deserves no credit in how this was handled, they intentionally deceived their player base.

• JupstoJupsto englandPosts: 2,087Member

my 2p:

In a bold move aventurine has announced unholy wars will be released in less than 2 weeks. The NDA hasn't been lifted yet, but this thing isn't nearly content complete yet. They are strangely going to fix wobble a week before release but there are other issues besides incompletion.

So i'm fairly sure darkfall 2 will go the way of darkfall 1, I highly doubt the population will last long post release. So my advice ironically is to buy this non-complete game because it will be most fun at release, and once the EU server population dwindles it just wont be fun anymore. And you'll never get that true darkfall experience again.

My blog: image

Originally posted by Consensus

my 2p:

In a bold move aventurine has announced unholy wars will be released in less than 2 weeks. The NDA hasn't been lifted yet, but this thing isn't nearly content complete yet. They are strangely going to fix wobble a week before release but there are other issues besides incompletion.

So i'm fairly sure darkfall 2 will go the way of darkfall 1, I highly doubt the population will last long post release. So my advice ironically is to buy this non-complete game because it will be most fun at release, and once the EU server population dwindles it just wont be fun anymore. And you'll never get that true darkfall experience again.

There have been game stopping issues within the last 2 weeks, content is the least of DFUW problems.  DFUW would be lucky to be as "successful" as DF1. 

Anyway, if the Steam release ever gets past Greenlight there will be a herd of unsuspecting players.

• BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member
    I think the biggest change for the better in Unholy Wars is the Prowess Point system.  People actually have to do stuff like fighting mobs to gain prowess, instead of leaving their character on overnight with scripts to hit another player or swim against a wall.
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I think the biggest change for the better in Unholy Wars is the Prowess Point system.  People actually have to do stuff like fighting mobs to gain prowess, instead of leaving their character on overnight with scripts to hit another player or swim against a wall.

You can still macro prowess, sadly.  Prowess could save the game, but they'll rush it out before fixing all the exploits.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,258Member Uncommon

for the low price of 50$ you can check it out! *cough*

sign up and play Age of Wushu before you pay any cash for DF:UW. Not dis'n, but be a smart consumer. I still plan to check out DF:UW but will wait for a trial.

Originally posted by bcbully

for the low price of 50$ you can check it out! *cough*

sign up and play Age of Wushu before you pay any cash for DF:UW. Not dis'n, but be a smart consumer. I still plan to check out DF:UW but will wait for a trial.

Age of Wushu is horrid,  I'd rather continue paying to beta DFUW.

• Returning Darkfall players: Price of the subscription (14.95)
    • New players get 25% off (29.95)

Hows that $50.00? image