Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95
    Hope the KS goes to 2M quickly. The initial rush seems to be over just about now.

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

I see the steam ran out of backers.... I hope this game makes the kickstarter; I am curious on how it will turn out. If more show up I might throw some more cache that way! So go and pitch in, $5 is not that much, and dollar by dollar makes millions :D

V.

Edit: the obvious - spelling  x)

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Volmok

I see the steam ran out of backers.... I hope this game makes the kickstarter; I am curious on how it will turn out. If more show up I might throw some more cache that way! So go and pitch in, $5 is not that much, and dollar by dollar makes millions :D

V.

rofl, steam running out of backers? Come on folks people have lives outside of kickstarter. Give them a chance for heaven sake $600,000 in 24 hours is not fast enough?:P

• burfoburfo Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by gylnne
    Originally posted by Volmok

V.

rofl, steam running out of backers? Come on folks people have lives outside of kickstarter. Give them a chance for heaven sake $600,000 in 24 hours is not fast enough?:P

It hasn't anything to do with speed, really.  The bottom line is that they need $2M and they're not even close yet.  Given the trending of previous kickstarters, I wouldn't expect to see nearly as high of a rate of increase as we did yesterday...except possibly on the last few days of the project.  If we're not over $1M by the end of the day I'm going to start being concerned.  But, let's see how much trickling-in we get over the next few days.

Burfo

• HeartsparkHeartspark Member Posts: 69
    Someone bought a $10,000 pledge. whoah.

Heartspark: Animist rr12, bors, Lone Enforcer, Retired

Dranzerk: Berzerker (kay) retired
    Dhei: Spiritmaster (Kay) retired
    Goblinking : Hunter (Kay) retired
    Moongoose: Shadowblade (Kay) retired

• AeodoAeodo Member Posts: 61

What worries me the most is to see only 365 backers on the 25$ pledge. I find it very cheap for what it offers and isn't that risky compared to 100$+ tiers.

I feel bad for CSE.

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162

Can we get the Kicktraq: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/

and

CanHeKickIt: http://canhekick.it/project/515b05f68f64d1fd5511f082

just added to the first thread or top of this sticky?

• HeartsparkHeartspark Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Aeodo

What worries me the most is to see only 365 backers on the 25$ pledge. I find it very cheap for what it offers and isn't that risky compared to 100$+ tiers.

I feel bad for CSE.

Mmm, its very cheap cause you don't get much with it.  Feel good they are getting the big ones more than i thought they would.  $5k and now a $10k tier is something I would not of thought they would get.  They "only" need around $35k a day pledged to meet goal.  In the morning hours they did 16k already and not even noon.

Hopefully it keeps up fingers crossed of course. 

Heartspark: Animist rr12, bors, Lone Enforcer, Retired

Dranzerk: Berzerker (kay) retired
    Dhei: Spiritmaster (Kay) retired
    Goblinking : Hunter (Kay) retired
    Moongoose: Shadowblade (Kay) retired

• MightyPitMightyPit Member UncommonPosts: 92

It is difficult to get a trend for this KS Campaign at the moment. What I see so far is, that we have a lot of really dedicated backers. Take Project Eternity for example. They had more money on the first day ( over 700k, funding goal 1.1M). But they had over 16k backers on day one.

Camelot Unchained has 550k funded at day one. But with only 3.2k backers. At this time, or latest after the end of the week, all backers who are following the course of camelot unchained over the last months have thrown their money into the project. After this, it depends how good the word is spread, so that people who didn't notice yet, get excited too.

When I look to the german sites, where games and it is discussed, there is not much hype. Maybe the marketing should go to those sites personally, maybe with an interview with MJ or something like that.

I think about sites like www.buffed.de, www.golem.de (IT- site, but with gaming news also), www.pcgames.de, www.gamestar.de

MMO's played so far:
    UO,EQ,DAOC,EQ2,GW,ROM,WOW,WAR,AOC,LOTRO,RIFT,TSW,GW2,POE
    Looking forward to: Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen

• burfoburfo Member Posts: 46

Burfo

Originally posted by burfo
    Originally posted by kappenwiz

Can we get the Kicktraq: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/

and

CanHeKickIt: http://canhekick.it/project/515b05f68f64d1fd5511f082

just added to the first thread or top of this sticky?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/381141/Kickstarter-trending-and-statistics.html

I know it's its own thread, was trying to get it stickied or placed at the top of this sticky.  :D

Originally posted by MightyPit

It is difficult to get a trend for this KS Campaign at the moment. What I see so far is, that we have a lot of really dedicated backers. Take Project Eternity for example. They had more money on the first day ( over 700k, funding goal 1.1M). But they had over 16k backers on day one.

Camelot Unchained has 550k funded at day one. But with only 3.2k backers. At this time, or latest after the end of the week, all backers who are following the course of camelot unchained over the last months have thrown their money into the project. After this, it depends how good the word is spread, so that people who didn't notice yet, get excited too.

When I look to the german sites, where games and it is discussed, there is not much hype. Maybe the marketing should go to those sites personally, maybe with an interview with MJ or something like that.

I think about sites like www.buffed.de, www.golem.de (IT- site, but with gaming news also), www.pcgames.de, www.gamestar.de

Good thinking. The hard hitters have probably already mostly thrown in and what will get this funded will be the people on the fence who get tipped to the plus side for small amounts.

The more info, videos, concept art, etc that comes out, the better.

Also, add-ons to tiers in small amounts, like FPs, for people already pledged could go a long way.

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314

I feel bad for CSE.

Yes that is pretty interesting. Avatar raised about 125,000 from their 25 tier and 150,000 from their 30 tier and even 71,000 from their 33 tier. Total that is 346,000

Torment is similar with 300,000 from their 20 tier, 250,000 from their 25 tier, 230,000 from their 28 tier and 134,000 from their 35 tier. Total of all that is nearly 1 million dollars.

If you look at both games but especially torment a significant portion of the money came from the less than 100 dollar donations. Yet so far in CU we are seeing something different with the average donation above 100 dollars. This could be good though because as they release more information there will be very easy price points for people with tight budgets to join in on. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Sornin

I believe people on UTC+00:00, also known as the bulk of Western Europe, are now waking from their slumber. I hope many of them who did not pledge yesterday pledge today! Make us proud, Europe! :)

Edit: France, if you show up big I promise to never make another joke at your expense again, nor your lost kin in Quebec. :P

LOL image

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

To echo what a few have said, the dollar value per pledge is not the issue, it is the lower-than-expected number of backers.

The average pledge is quite high; what we need is a mass of pledges in the $25 - $200 range.

Thousands and thousands of players loved DAoC over the years; if even 10,000 of them who have not pledged put in $50 each, the cost of one new game, that would be $500,000. The goal is how to reach these players, show them what Camelot Unchained is about, and convince them to pledge.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206

I feel bad for CSE.

People choose the cheap options just to get into the beta. When those offer only beta 3 or 2, it makes them very undesirable IMO. 

Look at Shroud of the Avatar's kickstarter. They sold 12k (the 7k or so were in the first few days) of the cheap options (between $25 and $33) just by offering the game+alpha/beta access (nothing else). It equals roughly $360k ($180k in the first 1-2 days). Huge difference compared to CU which only made 15k from the cheap options (as of yet).

• BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I'm also in for the digital collecters edition (110)!
  • Casca9226Casca9226 Member Posts: 25

damn it sure has dropped off. gettin skirred

• FoggyeFoggye Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

I feel bad for CSE.

People choose the cheap options just to get into the beta. When those offer only beta 3 or 2, it makes them very undesirable IMO. 

Look at Shroud of the Avatar's kickstarter. They sold 12k (the 7k or so were in the first few days) of the cheap options (between $25 and $33) just by offering the game+alpha/beta access (nothing else). It equals roughly $360k ($180k in the first 1-2 days). Huge difference compared to CU which only made 15k from the cheap options (as of yet).

Could be that CU doesn't have many of the lower tiers selling is because the middle tiers are so damn good.

• ArnfiarnunnArnfiarnunn Member UncommonPosts: 61

I have a question about "UNIQUE GUILD EMBLEM"

Does it mean we will be about to upload our very own Emblem or does it mean we will have an extended choice of models?

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322

Things just keep gettting better.

Camelot Unchained has been added as  a staff pick at Kickstarter.:)

Go here:  Staff picks

• FoggyeFoggye Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Arnfiarnunn

Does it mean we will be about to upload our very own Emblem or does it mean we will have an extended choice of models?

Be even better if one of the art team designed it for you.

• CU_now_pleaseCU_now_please Member Posts: 47
    The more info, videos, concept art, etc that comes out, the better.

/anon

• ArnfiarnunnArnfiarnunn Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by Foggye
    Originally posted by Arnfiarnunn

Be even better if one of the art team designed it for you.

Not sure, we have good artists in our clan ;)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Sorry but have to say it because it is on my mind. You think they are asking too much money ? Maybe 1.5 mill would have been a more realistic goal ? I think it is going to be really close if this thing meets it's pledge goal. I hope so but I dunno. I guess we shall see!