Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Is The Population In This Game? Will Only Try It If Enough People Are Online

Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131
Is there at least 2000-5000 people on this game 24/7? I don't know if there is any way to find out population numbers so don't know if I can get a certain answer. Is there different realms or is it all on one server?

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

1) no. not even 1/10th of that.

2) log into Tindrem as a F2P, count everyone, add 50 (or 100 if it's the weekend) and you have a pretty acurate number of server population.

3) only one server.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

The population in game is fine, especially considering the type of game this is. There are almost always lots of people in Tindrem and Meduli. Fabernum also has a healthy population at most times.

FYI - This is the wrong place to come for any actual information about the game. Almost everyone who posts here are extremely jaded and negative towards the game. Most people who actually enjoy the game have given up even posting here because there are so many haters. You won't get anything but very biased negative remarks here. I suggest that you go to the official mortal forums if you want actual information about the game.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Anubisan

The population in game is fine, especially considering the type of game this is. There are almost always lots of people in Tindrem and Meduli. Fabernum also has a healthy population at most times.

FYI - This is the wrong place to come for any actual information about the game. Almost everyone who posts here are extremely jaded and negative towards the game. Most people who actually enjoy the game have given up even posting here because there are so many haters. You won't get anything but very biased negative remarks here. I suggest that you go to the official mortal forums if you want actual information about the game.

I am not sure how the population is- That said, I am sure the Official forums are among the most heavly censored I have ever seen- Bar none.

They actually continually delete the server status thread so as not to have a record of the insane amount of downtime- The delete entire threads which "do not go their way", censor posts constantly and ban critics.

-Its a joke over there- Seriosuly.

Also, thewre arent even very many "haters" here (I wish there were, since the threads of old are seriously some of the funniest stuff I have ever read) as generally there is no interest in this game anymore-

When I played (probably a month or so ago- maybe more) it was DEAD, buggy and a total mess. I have zero intention of playing again, but it is F2P (or rather- It has a F2P tier) so give it a shot since it costs nothing but time.

-BUT, there is far more honestly about the state of the game over here.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

They actually continually delete the server status thread so as not to have a record of the insane amount of downtime-

I don't get this deal with server status thread. There is an official one, where any player can post(so you are somewhat incorrect), why some tried to create a second one and started whining when it fairly got deleted.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

I am not sure how the population is- That said, I am sure the Official forums are among the most heavly censored I have ever seen- Bar none.

They actually continually delete the server status thread so as not to have a record of the insane amount of downtime- The delete entire threads which "do not go their way", censor posts constantly and ban critics.

Also, thewre arent even very many "haters" here (I wish there were, since the threads of old are seriously some of the funniest stuff I have ever read) as generally there is no interest in this game anymore-

When I played (probably a month or so ago- maybe more) it was DEAD, buggy and a total mess. I have zero intention of playing again, but it is F2P (or rather- It has a F2P tier) so give it a shot since it costs nothing but time.

Take how many people purchased or tried the game.  Take how many people actually still play the game.  That ratio is actually pretty much in line with the negative - positive posting on this forum.  It's simply a fact that the overwhelming majority of people who try the game do not stay and thus have a negative impression of the game. The official forums are actually the ones that do not reflect reality... for a number of reasons, some of which were described above.

How to refute that?  Simply state how many player accounts have been created and then state how many subs are active.  SV won't/can't do that though because it would simply reinforce my statements above.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

[mod edit]

What? Rly? That can't be... There is a reason why I more or less never post here anymore. Same people hating 24/7. So tiresome.

And about deleting server threads. There is one server thread that says when it's down and not all the time. Dunno what you r talking bout there Jacxolope. So ofc they delete other threads on the subject when there is one there that is pinned. Here, I help you out: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/offical-server-status-thread.85252/page-11#post-1481789

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

[mod edit]

What? Rly? That can't be... There is a reason why I more or less never post here anymore. Same people hating 24/7. So tiresome.

And about deleting server threads. There is one server thread that says when it's down and not all the time. Dunno what you r talking bout there Jacxolope. So ofc they delete other threads on the subject when there is one there that is pinned. Here, I help you out: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/offical-server-status-thread.85252/page-11#post-1481789

-That thread was started on march 1st (its a month old)- When I was playing the "official" server status thread was deleted and reposted FRESH like 3-4 times.

I know the other thread(s) you speak of- I am speaking of the official one.

IN other words, I would watch the insane downtimes, the thread fill with up, down, up, down - and then be deleted and start over so no "record" existed of the insane amount of downtime.

Offical Server Status Thread

<p id="pageDescription" "="">Discussion in 'Round Table' started by DemtriMar 1, 2013.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

The population in game is fine, especially considering the type of game this is.

FYI - This is the wrong place to come for any actual information about the game. Almost everyone who posts here are extremely jaded and negative towards the game.

The population is non-existent, considering ANY type of game it can be.

PS: People become jaded in a game for a reason. Most people don't have time to hate something for no reason (dislike maybe, but not campaign against it just for giggles - especially not when it is most of the former population)

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I really had high hopes for this, but every time I look into maybe playing, things chase me off....I should give it a try if free to try now, but I wonder if that would just be a waste of time.  I have to give them some credit, seems like they are not giving up, but all the bugs/hacks and controversy over inappropriate help and such have kept me away.

Nothing I dispise more than cheating, or systems that make cheating/dupes more common.

I do wish them luck though, even if I do not try it, be nice if they eventually get if figured out.

Originally posted by Xthos

I really had high hopes for this, but every time I look into maybe playing, things chase me off....I should give it a try if free to try now, but I wonder if that would just be a waste of time.  I have to give them some credit, seems like they are not giving up, but all the bugs/hacks and controversy over inappropriate help and such have kept me away.

Nothing I dispise more than cheating, or systems that make cheating/dupes more common.

I do wish them luck though, even if I do not try it, be nice if they eventually get if figured out.

People really like to blow things out of proportion... especially on this particular forum.

There really is no better fantasy sandbox game out there right now. If that is what you are looking for, you are doing yourself a disservice by not giving the game a try.

The game is F2P... you have nothing to lose by checking it out.

This one of the most incorrect yet common arguments for F2P games. He invests time, and time is money. It doesn't matter if it's free, two hours spent on a game are two hours of something more productive, so if it's a shitty product he just lost two hours without getting anything in return (in a good game's case it would be entertainment). So yeah, you always have something to lose, especially if don't have unlimited bandwidth. 

Originally posted by Toferio

This one of the most incorrect yet common arguments for F2P games. He invests time, and time is money. It doesn't matter if it's free, two hours spent on a game are two hours of something more productive, so if it's a shitty product he just lost two hours without getting anything in return (in a good game's case it would be entertainment). So yeah, you always have something to lose, especially if don't have unlimited bandwidth. 

Oh give me a break...

Almost everyone on this site has the time to check out a game if they want to. That's why we're all here after all. And someone who has an eye on Mortal Online is most likely a sandbox fan looking for a game like this. There aren't currently many options for that playstyle afterall.

They can certainly spare the time to check out the game if it is free.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Normally I would agree but when a game has been out for over a year, has had a major expansion AND STILL can not gain a simple 2000 subscribers that is a big red flag.  Now throw in GM favoritism and corruption plus very poor company financial performance since the game went live and you have plenty of information to make an informed decision to avoid this game.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

General advice, OP:

When you buy something, consider its negative points and whether you can live with it. Read negative reviews and consider that. This way you won't regret wasting your resources on something you don't need/can't handle.

When you try something for free, consider its positive points, and wether those are what you are looking for. Do not consider negative points and reviews because you really should not care why someone didnt like it - you should care why YOU can like it. If you CAN like it, try it and maybe you WILL, and if you do, it doesn't matter if 99% of the world population hates it. Because its about YOU!

If it's free, there is no loss included (and no, time spent trying is not time wasted because it will eventually be worth it when you find something you like).

----------

People nowadays are too focused on "ratings" and opinion of others. You should never care. You don't play the game to boast "hey I play that game everybody plays" - you pay it to have fun, to receive pleasure, statisfaction! If you receive that - that's it. Doesn't matter if 99% don't. It's not BAD in any way if you like a game majority doesn't.

Originally posted by IstrebiteI

General advice, OP:

When you buy something, consider its negative points and whether you can live with it. Read negative reviews and consider that. This way you won't regret wasting your resources on something you don't need/can't handle.

When you try something for free, consider its positive points, and wether those are what you are looking for. Do not consider negative points and reviews because you really should not care why someone didnt like it - you should care why YOU can like it. If you CAN like it, try it and maybe you WILL, and if you do, it doesn't matter if 99% of the world population hates it. Because its about YOU!

If it's free, there is no loss included (and no, time spent trying is not time wasted because it will eventually be worth it when you find something you like).

----------

People nowadays are too focused on "ratings" and opinion of others. You should never care. You don't play the game to boast "hey I play that game everybody plays" - you pay it to have fun, to receive pleasure, statisfaction! If you receive that - that's it. Doesn't matter if 99% don't. It's not BAD in any way if you like a game majority doesn't.

Couldn't agree more. 

Personally, I have been looking for a game similar to old school (pre-Trammel) UO for a very long time and none of the others I have played have cut it for me. MO is the closest game I have played to that. For me, it is the only game that exists which really hooks me at the moment. I couldn't give a rat's ass that a bunch of people around here don't like it. Most of them haven't played it in years and hang around this forum spewing negativity for... some strange reason I can't quite fathom.

It really is all about YOU and what you are looking for in a game. Don't let the angry, jaded forum-dwellers around here dissuade you from trying it if Mortal sounds like something you might enjoy. It will cost you nothing to try it.

Or you could actually read into free products and weight cons vs pros to avoid timewaste and allow you to quicker find that something you might like. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Talonsin

Normally I would agree but when a game has been out for over a year, has had a major expansion AND STILL can not gain a simple 2000 subscribers that is a big red flag.  Now throw in GM favoritism and corruption plus very poor company financial performance since the game went live and you have plenty of information to make an informed decision to avoid this game.

Actually the game is coming up on it's THREE YEAR anniversarry...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by Toferio

Or you could actually read into free products and weight cons vs pros to avoid timewaste and allow you to quicker find that something you might like. 

You can. And what will you do with that "read"? Don't forget that reading also is a time investment. So if reading provides no benefit, you waste more time than if you'd play the game straight away.

That's why I'm saying you should read positive but not negative opinions. Reading positive stuff can be helpful (because it answers a question "Does the game really have what I'm looking for", while reading negative mostly is a time waste, because it asnwers nothing.

Get it, you are not looking for a game that "has no Z", you are looking for a game that "has X".

Simple example: I'm looking for a game with PVP style I want. Do I care about if someone dislikes my prefered PVP style? No. Do I care about crafting, PVE, casual minigames? No. Do I care about someone whining how PVP is unfair? No. All I want to know is wether in this game PVP is to my liking. Only by finding a positive review that says "I play this game because PVP is like this and it's cool" can I get information that helps me.

• wappawappa Member Posts: 2
    Despite all of the game's countless flaws i could have fun if there were reasonable amount of players. The world is tiny and still you can wander around farming and looking for pvp and not meet a living soul. In the capital city at the main bank there are like 15 players at best. I played 4 months since so-called F2P conversion and amount of people is only decreasing. Single player game with subscription is too much for me, sorry Mortal Online. Buh-bye.