Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MJ - IT Kickstarter Rewards Question/Request

ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

I know Mark Jacobs views the forums, so I figured I'd ask a question here and see if I can get a response.

I have made a pledge at the $180 tier for the ability to participate in the internal testing (IT). It's something I enjoy doing, and look forward to helping find issues with the game to make it the best it can be.

My concern is, I also want to be able to get more Founders Points to get some of the other items (Crafting recipies, forges, colors, etc.. I love to craft). However, I can not afford to add enough money to to get to the next tier where IT is available.

Will there ever be another way to aquire more Founders Points? Perhaps through an additional Kickstarter that offers JUST FP's at various quantities in tiers to help fund the project?

I can contribute more money, but not enough to not lose that IT access.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162

Sit tight at the tier you're in. They've mentioned adding more tiers, add-ons to existing tiers, and the ability to purchase FP's even after the KS ends, so there are probably a lot of moving parts at the moment

EDIT: The reason I said stay in your tier is because MJ has stated concern about getting only people who know what the IT testing procedure will really be like, and you seem to be one of them, so your testing would be valuable.

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I'm not 100% sure but March on OZ gives like 5 Founders Points. That could be a way right now for you to get a few more FP's.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Originally posted by kappenwiz

Sit tight at the tier you're in. They've mentioned adding more tiers, add-ons to existing tiers, and the ability to purchase FP's even after the KS ends, so there are probably a lot of moving parts at the moment

EDIT: The reason I said stay in your tier is because MJ has stated concern about getting only people who know what the IT testing procedure will really be like, and you seem to be one of them, so your testing would be valuable.

Ahhh.. I didn't know we may be able to purchase more FP's afte the KS! Excellent!

And yeah, I saw the post on camelotunchained.net that said that's the tier that was the most controversial. That's why I didn't want to add more, but still would like more FP's.

Thanks for the heads up!

[EDIT]

Damn, just checked my mail and found the Update #2 video from MJ about how they will have a way to get more founders points, so this thread can probably be removed. Sorry!

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    The $180 IT tier has few rewards right now because Mark wants to make sure only people who are dedicated to the hard work of testing buy it. It wouldn't surprise me if Mark gives you guys all the digital rewards that would otherwise go with a $180 tier at the end of the internal testing stage (assuming that wouldn't violate Kickstarter policy but why would it?). Plus as others have mentioned there will be both ways to buy more FP and free additional FP granted for various things like being active in the official forums, signing up for the newsletter, etc.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• FoggyeFoggye Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Coldren
    Originally posted by kappenwiz

Ahhh.. I didn't know we may be able to purchase more FP's afte the KS! Excellent!

And yeah, I saw the post on camelotunchained.net that said that's the tier that was the most controversial. That's why I didn't want to add more, but still would like more FP's.

Thanks for the heads up!

[EDIT]

Damn, just checked my mail and found the Update #2 video from MJ about how they will have a way to get more founders points, so this thread can probably be removed. Sorry!

There's a thread going here by some of the other Internal Testers.  They're gathering up names to stick together, should you add yourself to them if you haven't already.  Additionally, there's some excellent insight on what to expect (Telyn's post was particularly good).

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Originally posted by Foggye

There's a thread going here by some of the other Internal Testers.  They're gathering up names to stick together, should you add yourself to them if you haven't already.  Additionally, there's some excellent insight on what to expect (Telyn's post was particularly good).

Already added myself to the thread yesterday, but haven't checked it since. Thanks for the heads up!