Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why don't you like The War Z?

13»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by StarI
    Originally posted by Eir_S

I don't know, I never played it, just watched some video of Total Biscuit saying how crappy he thought it was.  The Steam thing was unfortunate, but I find it funny how they're now selling "Early Access" to games a few months after the WarZ scandal. lol

I guess if I had to give a reason why I wasn't going to play it (ie: not why I "didn't like it"), it'd be that the DayZ guys deserve my money more and frankly, they've worked on this concept far longer than some last-minute cash grab devs, meaning the gameplay will almost assuredly be better.  The good news is that most companies can redeem themselves if they try hard enough, so if the WarZ guys still have enough talent, good luck to them making up for their "crimes" on the horizon.

I have no respect to how HP handles WarZ and the tracks they move one but there's one thing that disgusts me more and that is random clueless internet drivel, especially by people who don't have 1st hand opinion based on their own experience.

1st of all, WarZ is a good game for what it is. Easily better working than DayZ mod and arguably better overall.

DayZ atm is not a game but a mod.... (standalone version is at least 12 months away and far from being playable thus comparisons are just silly). Like WarZ is ripped out of  War Inc, DayZ mod is ripped out of ArmA II. (And DayZ standalone will be/is ripped out of Arma III). Saying that DayZ guys deserve money more is like saying Blizzard deserves money more than all the other games copying WoW.

Whole fucking world that we human beings make, is based on copying. Someone figures something and thousands of others copy it. Are you too special to realise this or just trolling?

For a consumer this is good because it creates competition and forces people to make better stuff.

If anything HP were extremely quick and rather smart in grabbing this oportunity before several dozens of similar games flood the market. Heck, they were even faster than Rocket who was arguably (he doesn't own the idea) first with the mod. Being quick (rushing) is Hammerpoint's downfall pretty much. Now they have to update on air, every decision exposed to public, whereas with enaugh finances they could develop product "behind the stage" and release it in better shape.

Excuse me?  I can tell it was more than rushing that they're being bashed for.  They took their war game and added zombies, the same as DayZ except they told everyone it was finished.  Not only that, but you're trying to excuse their blatant, rushed, buggy rip-off as "ok" because "everyone copies" and you're calling me special?

Yeah, but I can see this theory of yours really forced them to make "better stuff".  Like I said earlier, better luck next time.  They're lucky if they ever sell anything after this though.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by StarI

I don't know, I never played it, just watched some video of Total Biscuit saying how crappy he thought it was.  The Steam thing was unfortunate, but I find it funny how they're now selling "Early Access" to games a few months after the WarZ scandal. lol

I guess if I had to give a reason why I wasn't going to play it (ie: not why I "didn't like it"), it'd be that the DayZ guys deserve my money more and frankly, they've worked on this concept far longer than some last-minute cash grab devs, meaning the gameplay will almost assuredly be better.  The good news is that most companies can redeem themselves if they try hard enough, so if the WarZ guys still have enough talent, good luck to them making up for their "crimes" on the horizon.

I have no respect to how HP handles WarZ and the tracks they move one but there's one thing that disgusts me more and that is random clueless internet drivel, especially by people who don't have 1st hand opinion based on their own experience.

1st of all, WarZ is a good game for what it is. Easily better working than DayZ mod and arguably better overall.

DayZ atm is not a game but a mod.... (standalone version is at least 12 months away and far from being playable thus comparisons are just silly). Like WarZ is ripped out of  War Inc, DayZ mod is ripped out of ArmA II. (And DayZ standalone will be/is ripped out of Arma III). Saying that DayZ guys deserve money more is like saying Blizzard deserves money more than all the other games copying WoW.

Whole fucking world that we human beings make, is based on copying. Someone figures something and thousands of others copy it. Are you too special to realise this or just trolling?

For a consumer this is good because it creates competition and forces people to make better stuff.

If anything HP were extremely quick and rather smart in grabbing this oportunity before several dozens of similar games flood the market. Heck, they were even faster than Rocket who was arguably (he doesn't own the idea) first with the mod. Being quick (rushing) is Hammerpoint's downfall pretty much. Now they have to update on air, every decision exposed to public, whereas with enaugh finances they could develop product "behind the stage" and release it in better shape.

Excuse me?  I can tell it was more than rushing that they're being bashed for.  They took their war game and added zombies, the same as DayZ except they told everyone it was finished.  Not only that, but you're trying to excuse their blatant, rushed, buggy rip-off as "ok" because "everyone copies" and you're calling me special?

Yeah, but I can see this theory of yours really forced them to make "better stuff".  Like I said earlier, better luck next time.  They're lucky if they ever sell anything after this though.

Just to point you in right direction, Rocket and his DayZ are the ones who have to look at similar existing titles and make their game better, learning out of others flaws. And that is good. ie. WarZ is good, people like it or not.

And about HP rushing, again, it is  The reason for all other flaws. If they took time developing and the game wasn't released today, there would be none of the drama they had in last few months.

As I said they were smart enaugh to convert their other game into a popular and demanded game BUT probably expected DayZ to release sooner. If they had todays' info about DayZ going beta in about 12 months than I'm sure they would have taken a few more months to release.

Also they don't need luck. They are either happy with what they've gotten or if they wish to earn more they simply need to work hard. Everyone will no doubt flock to DayZ standalone when it gets out but HP still has time to develop WarZ and for what we know it can still turn out to be better than DayZ in 1 year from now.

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

This is the reason why i don't get into the politics about games and developers and so forth. It ruins the whole experience and fun factor for the game - for me anyway.

Taking out all the politics, such as the copying, lieing and so forth. I quite liked the game, as i do with DayZ and many other games revolving around the zombie/horror genre.

After actually giving in and reading about all the politics, it ruined the game for me, its a shame. Even though i liked it, and still do when i see it, i just don't feel like downloading it anymore.

Overall there will be many other games like this coming out sooner or later. The same debates will pop up, copy this copy that. Lieing shouldnt be done though regardless of what game it is and company.

Overall, im going to keep enjoying games and try not let all the fluff of politics ruin MY gaming experiences. Everyone has their right to say what they want, but trying to tell people they are WRONG for liking a product over another for whatever reason is just bad.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

It's not even about Politics. 

It's about Hammerpoint Studios = really bad devs. Bad people. Just bad overall. 

But hey, if you like bad people, bad devs, just...bad in general. I say go for it. That's your prerogative.