Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stretch Goals: What would you like to see?

Comments

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Heartspark

One thing i don't want to see is expanded areas.   Lots games expand land areas to fast for populations and lots of dead zones devolop.

I also want the game to be released on time and not expand the time just because extra funding.  Other things can be added after release. 

What I would like to see is making sure each realm classes are unique.   I'm all for expanding classes/abilities as well.

One of the reasons that happens is you have all these world builders/modellers that now have nothing to do. Rather than fire them, people usually start expansion planning.

I agree though that I'd like to see them focused on things like more keep/outpost designs, item modelling ,etc etc etc than any new territory (Darkness falls style dungeon excluded of course!)

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by Ilaya
    The whole PvE which DaoC had.

Maybe as an expansion or DLC, I would like them to focus 100% on PVP and crafting

• outd00rmineroutd00rminer Member Posts: 37

Stretch goals for an MMO with no major PvE component is tricky and will probably severely limited.  With an offline CRPG (Torment comes to mind) you can add new areas and dungeons and more story that you can't with an RvR MMO.

I do like the idea of

- Massive Darkness Falls-type dungeon with additional stretch goals adding additional layers (read: more deeper/lower dungeon floors)

- Additional Classes

- Additional Races

- Additional Crafting Tiers + Housing designs for each realm

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by outd00rminer

Stretch goals for an MMO with no major PvE component is tricky and will probably severely limited.  With an offline CRPG (Torment comes to mind) you can add new areas and dungeons and more story that you can't with an RvR MMO.

I do like the idea of

- Massive Darkness Falls-type dungeon with additional stretch goals adding additional layers (read: more deeper/lower dungeon floors)

- Additional Classes

- Additional Races

- Additional Crafting Tiers + Housing designs for each realm

If I were CSE, to be honest, I would hold off on a DF type of dungeon for the first expansion. It makes too much business sense to me but I hope I'm wrong and it is a stretch goal instead!

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

From the Kickstarter page:

·The game will be developed for PC (Windows) with stretch goals for other platforms.

So, it may be developed for Linux or Mac OS X, or perhaps even for the next generation of consoles (doubtful, but possible).

Personally, I would rather see the extra money put into other things than new platforms, as I personally feel most gamers who play MMORPGs have a Windows PC to do so with. Thus, while other platforms exist, I do not think you extend your audience much by publishing on them for this genre.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by belatucadros

Siege ladders: YES PLEASE.

Nobody wants to sit at the bottom of a wall waiting for the wall/door to fall.

What about undermining the walls?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159
    How would "darkness falls" work with no pve? Wouldn't it just tunnel based rvr then?

I also hope weather and day cycles are in at launch regardless. I'm pretty sure Mark had already mentioned wanting them.

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Yea an extra race for every faction could potentially make for alot more different builds to the existing classes and specs. I would hope an extra class gets in there too as a higher tier.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by belatucadros

Siege ladders: YES PLEASE.

Nobody wants to sit at the bottom of a wall waiting for the wall/door to fall.

What about undermining the walls?

This is known as "sapping" and was a big part of siege warfare against castles (one of the main reasons for having a moat was because of this).

Sapping was a great tool and a good way to get inside of a castle wall, bascially they would dig a hole under the corner of the wall while setitng up braces, etc (to keep it from collapsing on them) then fill it with wood and other flamable things and set it on fire. The ground would then collapse and the wall would come with it, allowing them to make their way inside.

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Ilaya
    The whole PvE which DaoC had.

While for some this maybe nice for some Mark has mentioned this will be a rvr niche game with very little Pve.

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Sornin

·The game will be developed for PC (Windows) with stretch goals for other platforms.

So, it may be developed for Linux or Mac OS X, or perhaps even for the next generation of consoles (doubtful, but possible).

Personally, I would rather see the extra money put into other things than new platforms, as I personally feel most gamers who play MMORPGs have a Windows PC to do so with. Thus, while other platforms exist, I do not think you extend your audience much by publishing on them for this genre.

Hmm didnt Steam recently start catering to the Linux crowd? I believe this is an untapped market place for many games.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Now that the KS has launched, I think the best stretch goals at this point would be multi-platform support (I say this as a Windows user, but more players = better, and it just makes sense from a practical perspective that this would be one of the priorities) and MOAR CLASSES :)
  • KarraptathidKarraptathid Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by gylnne

Hmm didnt Steam recently start catering to the Linux crowd? I believe this is an untapped market place for many games.

Supporting WINE would be pretty sweet and would probably be best for bang:buck ratio.  Touch interface would be great as well, but if they have extra cash, multi screen support would be truly outstanding. 

Midranki - To us, Thidranki Faste is not just some center keep, it's our field Guild Hall.
    Camelot Unchained's Kickstarter - Warrior Forever

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by Karraptathid
    Originally posted by gylnne

Supporting WINE would be pretty sweet and would probably be best for bang:buck ratio.  Touch interface would be great as well, but if they have extra cash, multi screen support would be truly outstanding. 

Yes, Steam is catering to the Linux crowd now, which may open the market up a little down the road. My main point was not that gamers do not use Linux as much, but that MMORPG gamers specifically do not use it as much. Since some non-MMORPG games have been distributed for Linux and Mac OS X as official releases for years, they actually have some momentum and gamers on those platforms exist. Very few non-browser MMORPGs have native support for Linux, and only a couple for Mac OS X (WoW comes to mind). Thus, MMORPG players have either used WINE, which sometimes works well, sometimes not, but most simply have Windows PCs.

I do not think Camelot Unchained is the sort of MMORPG that is going to reach out and pull in a gamer that has only not been playing MMORPGs due to not having a Windows PC - my point is that they are not going to be carving out many more subscribers for a substantial amount of extra work. All it will do is let people who already play MMORPGs on Windows switch to Linux or Mac OS X if they prefer.

I could very well be proved wrong but I simply have never heard of an MMORPG losing potential subscribers due to only supporting Windows. Maybe as Windows loses its dominance this will change, but I do not think that has occurred yet.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

Seasonal weather would be cool, Snow staying on the ground and melting away in the spring ect...

• noblotnoblot Member Posts: 287
    Lots of classes, my wife get bored after level 20 :)
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Darkness Falls. Pretty-please?

Crafter-designed tournaments where participants compete to win legendary items (critical successes.)

Dynamic events like goblin hordes and dragon attacks. Bring on the Veil!

More crafter-centric stuff. Uses for crafter teams (8mans!) that forge alliances in much the same way RvRers do. Really get them involved in RvR in meaningful ways.

A dynamic weather system that affects magic and status effects.

Boobies. Ok that one was a joke. Kinda.

• VerbVerb Member Posts: 14

Agreed, I was surprised to see that on kickstarter.

I think there are plenty of plenty of people playing MMO's on their Mac.  That being said, they claim they don't need and are not targeting a huge playerbase but if it builds over time great.  If that is their philosophy I don't see why they would spend any money building for other platforms until they have built out all of the content and estabolished a sustainable playerbase on Windows.

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

Hmm, a lot of what has been mentioned as stretch goals I would rather think should be in the game at release with the amount of funding through Kickstarter and MJ's 2.5 mio personal backing.

If there is something to throw extra money at it would imho be the length of development time, i.e. to hire more folk and get the game out quicker (Dec 2015 is an awful long wait)

And if then there is some money left:

I would love to see a ranked server system with game seasons which gets guilds of similar performance onto the same server. (promotion and relegation system)

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264

I agree that might be a waste of resources - unless it's fairly reasonable to do. The engine may be highly portable, we don't know. But I agree that it probably shouldn't be a big focus.

Whoever said multi-monitor support is bang on. High end monitor setups are cheaper and cheaper, especially 2 years from now. Let's make sure this thing does wide gaming right.

• zekuelzekuel Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I would like to see them really focus on combat. weapons actually hitting eachother on blocks/parry. more and better blocking/parry graphics not just the same one. Make it look like actual combat. Sparks flying from weapons/ casters being able to use staffs at close range as a weapon and even close range hand to hand combat or forced hand to weapon combat after disarm. I really think the combat system should be peak since it is just a pvp game. maybe camera zoom in and out depending on combat situation. weapon tie-ups/breaks/disarm mechanics. I would love to see a fighting system and magic system based on them fighting and casting  and slowly adding more and more to a class by testing how it feels and looks in combat along with the use of the abilities. backing up gives greater defense moving forward greater offense strafe chance to side step higher ground better offense longer range attacks. make combat really pull you in on every character. armor denting and falling off in combat(can return to inventory after battle) sword breaking and even low %critical crits that can break bones cut of limbs and possible deal a death blow or close to it(real low chance on these) but can cause the chaos that is going to be part of the game. finely tuned combat system and improved from other mmos and a better worked crafter system (think sacred balcksmith or full metal alchemist) a magical and in combat crafting system new and improved from other systems.
  • MasahikoKobeMasahikoKobe Member Posts: 51

More races

More Classes

More Emotes

Return of Sonya!

I also forgot, many kickstarters (like Torment/Shroud) have stretch goals that bring in other talent to the project, such as a new writer (IE George Ziets) or music composer for music an dother things.

Perhaps CU could have a stretch goal to bring in some good classic talent or people that can help with the game?

Maybe people that people remember from the early days of Mythic? I know Scott Jennings worked there (Lumthemad) I loved reading his rambles before he started at Mythic, on UO and such, always thought it'd have been nice if he wrote something for games (believe he did write a back about mmo's or something).

Then there was that community manager (I believe) woman, i can't remember her name. She was like the one who interacted on the old DAOC forums way back then, she had a blog or something on the side similar to Scotts, where she'd ramble and post things, argh it's driving me nuts now not remembering her name.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Sorry i think stretch goals to bring back community manager is rediculous. As much as she may of done an ok job, i think that's crazy waste of money. MJ does just fine in the role

It was just an idea to bring back people from tohe DAOC team that the community knew/liked.

As I said, many of the more popular kickstarters (torment, Project Eternity, Shroud of the Avatar, etc) have had stretch goals to bring in certain people (writers, people that helped on that project in the past, etc).

For CU those were just someone I thought the community would know of and liked and would like to see back on the team with Mark and CU.

There could be other people the community might want to see on the development team they could bring in as a stretch goal.