Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm a serial MMOer, I can never resist buying the next big mmo. I actually skipped Defiance (i was e

2»

Comments

• potacopotaco Member Posts: 82

A more interesting topic to me is the notion of so many people pre-ordering/purchasing these games and having no idea what to expect, then acting grossly offended by the product and "warning" others not to buy it.

As much as you may not like it, a good chunk of the onus falls on you: there's no reason not to be an informed consumer making smart choices. With tons of game forums, YouTube videos, Twitch streams, gaming "news" sites, betas, early accesses, etc, etc... if you don't know what you're getting into, I'm sorry, but it's your own fault. It doesn't even cost money... Beta keys are super easy to get, and I know I'm not the only one who pre-orders a game for beta access then cancels the pre-order if I'm not happy with it.

If you're willing to pre-order something (sight-unseen or not... though I can't imagine what people are thinking when they expect launch to be completely different from the beta), you have to be ready to accept the risk. If you can't afford that risk, don't buy it until you know you'll be satisfied with the product. God forbid you miss out on a $5 cashshop unlock or an outfit you'll never wear anyway (of course, you won't be using either if you don't like/play the game)...

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by cm01

Numerous posters, some who were testers, tried to give warnings about this game. Me personally, for the first time ever, I didn't buy a new mmo that was coming out. I was so hyped for Defiance, but after getting into the game and testing it, It was the first time I actually was able to say no, i'm not going to give my money to this company so they can continue making crap games. And so I didn't buy it.

Only when customers stop giving in and buying new mmos just because they're new, regardless of how bad they are, will developers be forced to stop putting out games like this.

Some thought this game would be good "because it's trion!" ? Does nobody remember SWTOR? Bioware, the golden child of gamers everywhere, they are responsible for the massive budget major let down that is SWTOR.

Defiance was nowhere near ready for release, it's a shallow game and is going to bleed players very quickly, it won't even take days for people to suddenly realize that there is nothing more to this game than they saw in the beta weekends.

as Alpha tester i can say nope it was not. it is one of those games you log into just to kill some stuff for awhile gain new weapon from every corner wich is not new but is higher rating than previous one you just got. i did get out from the starting map after few character deletes they put us thro during alpha but yet it remained same. shoot loot. also the arkfalling, same idea as rift with rifts..

did not buy the game , helped them " trying " to fix bugs and gave them feedback what should have been done differently as my point of view. job done , next.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I wouldn't consider Defiance an mmorpg, so I wouldn't buy it, as I'm only ever interested in playing mmo's.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by SysFail

Numerous posters, some who were testers, tried to give warnings about this game. Me personally, for the first time ever, I didn't buy a new mmo that was coming out. I was so hyped for Defiance, but after getting into the game and testing it, It was the first time I actually was able to say no, i'm not going to give my money to this company so they can continue making crap games. And so I didn't buy it.

Only when customers stop giving in and buying new mmos just because they're new, regardless of how bad they are, will developers be forced to stop putting out games like this.

Some thought this game would be good "because it's trion!" ? Does nobody remember SWTOR? Bioware, the golden child of gamers everywhere, they are responsible for the massive budget major let down that is SWTOR.

Defiance was nowhere near ready for release, it's a shallow game and is going to bleed players very quickly, it won't even take days for people to suddenly realize that there is nothing more to this game than they saw in the beta weekends.

So you're saying you're responsible for buying any half arsed piece of shit in the past, but now you've turned over a new leaf? 

I'm sure i speak for everyone in saying thanks for sharing that.

Personally however, i've always reframed from buying half arsed, disney fests myself, but I do like a good romp with a gun, so i bought it.

You just mocked me for buying half arsed games in the past, then admitted that you've just gone bought one yourself. Good job. Games don't get much more half arsed than Defiance, this game was rushed out way before it was ready, with many features dropped to meet the deadline.

The difference being i'm enjoying this half arsed MMO, where as you're wailing like a toddler, unlike most normal beings that aren't finding it to their taste are quite simply, not giving the game a second thought...

Have fun with that internal hate and forumfalling anyway, each to their own.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

As former Rift player/Trion fan a bit disapointed myself in the quality of the game from what I have seen.

On the fence about it still , but two things that seem minor to many really are holding me back from buying.

First , zero fall damage (which Trion recently changed in Rift also ) just seems plain silly.

Second is the back problems it seems all characters in the game have. Sersiously , looks like a run animation I would expect from a mid-late 90's game.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

cm01, please delete your troll account and do something more meaningfull.

A-MEN! Hate posts like this are a sore, too much hatred, too little detail....

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by muthax
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

cm01, please delete your troll account and do something more meaningfull.

A-MEN! Hate posts like this are a sore, too much hatred, too little detail....

we have all been wondering for weeks on if the OP was going to buy defiance.  Man am i glad he cleard it all up.

Dont lie! You not knowing if the OP was going to buy the game has been eating at all of our consciences!