Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Should Titan be Buy to Play or have a subscription fee?

zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
Considering GW2 and Defiance are B2P but not the peak of quality standards for an MMO, what is your opinion on Titan's payment model?

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    sub please, keeps a good amount of the scrubs out.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by zethcarn
    Considering GW2 and Defiance are B2P but not the peak of quality standards for an MMO, what is your opinion on Titan's payment model?

it's blizzard.

it will be b2p with subs.

nothing to worry about here.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

It'll be the most lucrative model of all.

1st 6 months:

Box + Sub + account features

6 months to 2 years:

B2P + Shop that most consider fair

2 years or more:

F2P + Shop that is restictive unless you sub

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I don't mind p2p if it's a good enough game to keep me playing. Can't say much of Defiance, but Guild Wars 2 has me hooked soo much better then the plague of dailies WoW has to offer.
    Originally posted by colddog04

1st 6 months:

6 months to 2 years:

B2P + Shop that is fair

2 years or more:

Doubt this game will see the numbers WoW has seen, but guarantee it will probably get a good 3rd of the population.

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    You don't have to believe me on this but the current plan is for it to be buy to play no sub with an item store. They are going to have in game advertising of modern day products to make up for the lost sub revenue.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

1st 6 months:

6 months to 2 years:

B2P + Shop that is fair

2 years or more:

Doubt this game will see the numbers WoW has seen, but guarantee it will probably get a good 3rd of the population.

You guanrantee it, eh?

We'll see. It seems like it might be a very long while before they even announce what kind of game it is. It could be an MMOFPS for all we know.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by expresso

QFT

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155
    It should be subbased so that we will not have any freeloaders but also an AAA game, that took alot of time and effort for the devs to make. Aslong as its a good game I don´t mind paying, but I do mind pay2win which is what all F2P really is.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Sub model is old and it doesn't justify the price with new content every month.

Considering how lately released sub games met their makers quite fast, and those makers decided to actually think about todays market sitatuon and choose the better model for profit, I doubt "titan" will be any better at sustaining subs.

Yes, WOW was a success but I think it's the only game which'll have those kind of numbers and I don't see any game toping it in the near future.

Also, those who are still clinging about B2P being F2P - learn the freaking difference already. It's about time to get back on track with the market. Games which have B2P for now actually did it right and there's nothing pay2win about them!

Even F2P being P2W could be discussed :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

1st 6 months:

6 months to 2 years:

B2P + Shop that is fair

2 years or more:

You guanrantee it, eh?

We'll see. It seems like it might be a very long while before they even announce what kind of game it is. It could be an MMOFPS for all we know.

People that play WoW will more then likely hop over to this game. Alot of people claim to swore off from buying their products, but every game they put out sells by the millions.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Sub..
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

1st 6 months:

6 months to 2 years:

B2P + Shop that is fair

2 years or more:

You guanrantee it, eh?

People that play WoW will more then likely hop over to this game. Alot of people claim to swore off from buying their products, but every game they put out sells by the millions.

that's because there's more people in the "gray area" than it is on the forums which are being vocal about it. Just look at €A, their latests success was simcity even tho it was a disaster on launch and it still is, people who aren't supporting EA knew what to expect, but as I said.. More people in than out. 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by deniter

QFT

Ignorance ftw - gg keep it up

/sigh

I have nothing against a monthly fee - tho it just feels much better if it will be a onetimebuy - like GW. The feeling that goes with it is just really "free". And thats a good thing. Play it whenever you like, how long you like and deinstall- reinstall as often as you want. Because you dont have to sub again and have to worry, when you take a break and come back if you would waste 3/4 of a monthly sub, just to see that nothing has really changed. Ofc thats the worst case scenario. But that happened with every game in the past.

Blizzard has enough resources to launch Titan with a 1TimeB2P model.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

QFT

/sigh

I have nothing against a monthly fee - tho it just feels much better if it will be a onetimebuy - like GW. The feeling that goes with it is just really "free". And thats a good thing. Play it whenever you like, how long you like and deinstall- reinstall as often as you want. Because you dont have to sub again and have to worry, when you take a break and come back if you would waste 3/4 of a monthly sub, just to see that nothing has really changed. Ofc thats the worst case scenario. But that happened with every game in the past.

Enough to launch it as B2P sure, but enough to sustain it?  I have seen some good things since MOP was released, lots of content thick and fast - hopfuly they'll continue in this vain with Titan sub fee or not.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

QFT

/sigh

Enough to launch it as B2P sure, but enough to sustain it?  I have seen some good things since MOP was released, lots of content thick and fast - hopfuly they'll continue in this vain with Titan sub fee or not.

Its not about charity, which seems to be what people expect out of game companies...its about making money...yeah that's not cool in todays deadbeat society but its the point of a company.

anyway, I do hope its sub based.  I dislike b2p for mmorpgs, seems like an easy escape if the game doesn't prove to hold peoples interests to just let it sit like gw2 and offer no expansions.  also b2p seems to be just another way to make a f2p game with an item mall have an additional fee...I really think b2p is the worst of both worlds...

if its f2p I wont touch it.

for whatever reason, I really believe the guy who said he thinks its going to be item mall buy to play and have in game advertisements.  think they can milk people for expansion box prices, tap into the wallet warriors with a cash shop for people to compete against eachother in who buys most, and also tap into the "we have a fricking huge captive audience, well let you sell them toothpaste and energy drinks if you pay us too"

I will admit, when anarchy online had in game advertisements it was done really well, and really gave the cities a life...some scifi game and perhaps games like TSW advertisements would work in game and imo add to the ambience...just so long as they weren't overly obnoxious, had volume restraints (don't blow my ears out passing a video screen billboard in town)

I really think shortly after the last p2p game goes free, and all future games are free games with item malls...were going to look back and wish we had a game with a flat predictable fee, no in game cash gimmicks, no programed frustrations, access to everything in game, and none of this "we just added must have $40 things in the item mall for a limited time!!" pressure sales. I know 90% want f2p because they don't want to pay a dime, even if it means a lesser gaming experience...some of us still like the quality gaming environment though...

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63
    you forgot one option, should be buy to play and with subscription fee
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Don't you think this game should actually exist in some playable approaching final fashion before worrying about how it will cost?
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    I very much doubt it will be anything except B2P or F2P. The old monthly sub model is all but dead already and is sure to be nothing but a distant memory by the time this game is released.
  • French_Fr1esFrench_Fr1es Member UncommonPosts: 42
    B2P i think is the most fair for ppl who dont have the efford to pay per month
  • superguitardudesuperguitardude Member Posts: 30

I live in a place where minimum wage is $100 a month. Where is the option for F2P?

EDIT: Well, since this MMO won't come out until 2016+ I guess I could vote for Subscription, because I'm tired of playing MMOs with all the immersion breaking trolls and rude asshats. I'd rather pay a high fee but enjoy my time with a great community, than an F2P game with a bunch of spoiled pubescents.

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by Raagnarz
    You don't have to believe me on this but the current plan is for it to be buy to play no sub with an item store. They are going to have in game advertising of modern day products to make up for the lost sub revenue.

The day I see Pepsi advertising in my MMORPG is the day I quit playing them for good.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

All it's ever done was keep the scrubs in... carebear themeparks FTL.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Sub fee of $35+/month. No free trials. That should keep the dirty people out.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    I don't care as long as there's no RMT cash shop.

That's the future and the new milking cow.....get used to it because it will eventually happen in every mmo.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"