Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Looking for F2P MMORPG

LaphisLaphis SingaporePosts: 3Member

Hello, first of all, thank you for taking your time to read this thread. :) 

I'm looking for a F2P mmorpg, that is 

- Not heavily dependent of cash shop/ item shop. ( An average or little dependent is fine ) 

- Decent gameplay and community

- Pvp or No pvp is fine 

- No extensions or subscription like LOTRO, DDO or DCUO

Thank you :D 

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist ZagrebPosts: 5,051Member Uncommon
    TERA

• LaphisLaphis SingaporePosts: 3Member
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    TERA

Wanted to play it but ENMASSE had country restriction for my country :( And I heard that TERA EU company Frogster/Gameforge just sucks much. So I didn't bothered to even touch it. 

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Privacy Preferred, NCPosts: 1,059Member
    There is no true free to play MMORPG. All titles fitting into that category have some form of gimmick designed to part you from cash by way of cash shop purchases at some point in order to advance or play more content. I would suggest you consider a buy to play game instead. Both The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 are fantastic options. Niether one requires you to spend a dime after the initial purchase. The cash shops used are purely for vanity items to look good or a gimmick for fun with friends like random effect party boxes. The Secret World can be had for pretty cheap right now. Both games are great values for the dollar and really are free to play after the initial purchase.
  • LaphisLaphis SingaporePosts: 3Member
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    There is no true free to play MMORPG. All titles fitting into that category have some form of gimmick designed to part you from cash by way of cash shop purchases at some point in order to advance or play more content. I would suggest you consider a buy to play game instead. Both The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 are fantastic options. Niether one requires you to spend a dime after the initial purchase. The cash shops used are purely for vanity items to look good or a gimmick for fun with friends like random effect party boxes. The Secret World can be had for pretty cheap right now. Both games are great values for the dollar and really are free to play after the initial purchase.

Thanks for sharing your opinion :D Maybe I'll buy Guild Wars 2. 

• Po_ggPo_gg Twigwarren, WestfarthingPosts: 2,716Member Uncommon

TSW is great, but it has some mild extensions called Issues. They're cheap and not necessary to buy them, just a nice addition to the game. (imo they're awesome and worth the price)

If you don't mind Cryptic (there are some who does :) ) you could try STO or CO. Until the cap there's almost no visible restrictions, and the endgame is only cash-heavy if you want to be competitive or hardcore, if you're casual then it stays mostly free. In STO the community is good (I haven't played CO lately). Gameplay is nice in both.

Edit: since you can earn Zen in-game, I'd like to add "endgame is only cash-heavy":  or grind-heavy.

• allendale5allendale5 kansas city, MOPosts: 124Member
    not a true mmo but you might give path of exile a try, it's basically an instanced lobby d3 type of game but for some reason that escapes me, it is fun. It's not a long term solution but it can easily entertain you for a month or so.
  • LithuanianLithuanian vilniusPosts: 204Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Laphis

Hello, first of all, thank you for taking your time to read this thread. :) 

I'm looking for a F2P mmorpg Istaria:Chronicles of the Gifted, that is 

- Not heavily dependent of cash shop/ item shop. ( An average or little dependent is fine ) 

Istaria: no cash shop at all. Subscription does exist (3 options: 15$ allows all races and to own plot/lair)

- Decent gameplay and community

Community is good, game graphic considered to be a bit old by some players

- Pvp or No pvp is fine 

No PvP at all

- No extensions or subscription like LOTRO, DDO or DCUO

Zero extensions: all content available to free and paying customers.

Thank you :D 

Just please note that as f2p in Istaria you can be Human race only and could not have a plot. Every other content is available for you.

• Xion1985Xion1985 Cornelius, ORPosts: 198Member Uncommon
    I played Istaria back when it was known as Horizons and I must say I miss it so much it was a great game.  I can't speak to what it is now but you can definetely have a good time their, especially if you get into a decent community. :)