Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF MMORPG with good pvp

NeichelNeichel Member Posts: 5

Hey,

In a month, after my final exams, im going to start playing new mmorpg game. I still havent chosen yet which one, but 

mostly im interested in Aion and Guild Wars 2, waiting for Archeage and Elder Scrolls Online.

So heres my question. I will have some time to play but later my amount of time will be less and less. I heard Aion is a pretty good game, but to achieve something there you need to spend much time on farming etc. When Guild Wars 2 is more casual game and reputedly you dont need to spend so much time on it. Aion is also kind old game, it was released in 2008 so population is probably not that high as in Guild Wars 2 now. Im mostly intereded in PvP mode.

What guys do you suggest more, or maybe any other game ?  I got my last moth of hard-working and then im gonna play for whole days :D

Comments

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

Aion is way too much gear-based. And actually it's kinda filled w. hackers and exploiters, I mean more than the usual.

have a look at Age of Wushu.

old school open PvP with very interesting "infamy" system.

gameplay is a big pro if you can handle it.

But I let you be the judge of that and the rest.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    By nature, MMORPGs are time intensive grinders. They all have some form of farming to keep you playing or working toward some goal that takes forever to reach. GW2 is pretty casual if you just want to play at it from time to time. But if PVP is your main intrest  and time will become an issue i would suggest that you consider looking for a good MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) instead like League of Legends for example.
  • NeichelNeichel Member Posts: 5

Well, im playing now LoL from time to time, but after exams im gonna focus on NORMAL mmo. I played WoW for about 4-5 years, and now i want to start playing in another. I read about Rift which is probably good game, but its many ways very similar to warcraft. I want something new. I also know that in every mmo u need to spend hours if u want to achieve something.

I read about  Guild Wars 2 and some people say that there is nothing to do at max lvl. Is that true for casual player? Is it really so fast to get best items etc? As i said im mostly interested in pvp so it ll be good i dont care about new content in PvE.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Age of Conan on a Blood&Glory server, best PvP you will ever have in your life

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Neichel

Well, im playing now LoL from time to time, but after exams im gonna focus on NORMAL mmo. I played WoW for about 4-5 years, and now i want to start playing in another. I read about Rift which is probably good game, but its many ways very similar to warcraft. I want something new. I also know that in every mmo u need to spend hours if u want to achieve something.

I read about  Guild Wars 2 and some people say that there is nothing to do at max lvl. Is that true for casual player? Is it really so fast to get best items etc? As i said im mostly interested in pvp so it ll be good i dont care about new content in PvE.

End game... As a casual player interested in PvP you can have a lot of fun running WvW PvP (world vs. world.) It's an always available option you can hop into anytime you want, level capped or not. Structured Team PVP requires more dedication and I have trouble suggesting it for some one with little time to practice with a team. There are other things to do at max level like grind out a legendary weapon but I am not sure I would call that fun or rewarding outside of vanity. I am not a fan of the dungeons. Craftiung is a money sink and not so useful.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Neichel

Hey,

In a month, after my final exams, im going to start playing new mmorpg game. I still havent chosen yet which one, but 

mostly im interested in Aion and Guild Wars 2, waiting for Archeage and Elder Scrolls Online.

So heres my question. I will have some time to play but later my amount of time will be less and less. I heard Aion is a pretty good game, but to achieve something there you need to spend much time on farming etc. When Guild Wars 2 is more casual game and reputedly you dont need to spend so much time on it. Aion is also kind old game, it was released in 2008 so population is probably not that high as in Guild Wars 2 now. Im mostly intereded in PvP mode.

What guys do you suggest more, or maybe any other game ?  I got my last moth of hard-working and then im gonna play for whole days :D

If your looking for meaningfull pvp it doesnt get any better than Age of Wushu.

Alignment system

Bounties

Constables 

Criminals

All Wpvp

School wars

Guild Wars, Guild Keeps (bigger than most mmo cities)

the list can go on.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"