Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is not The Elder Scrolls. It's a generic fantasy MMO

2»

Comments

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

MMO Studio's settle with average crap these days, and even earn millions with it.
    As long as Average Joe buys crap mmo's nothing will change.

Basicly it is our own faulth to settle with such low standards when technology and developers with exceptional skills are not put to the test of pushing boundery's and limits.

Average joe like to do daily quests
    Average joe like pressing 1 2 3 without much tought
    Average joe like not to much hassle or effort
    Average joe like simple thing his standards are not to high so he is happy with current mmo models.

While alot more players long for the days back to where real mmo's where made for hardcore people who depended on each other.
    Playerbase was small, so small but yet so big, both in impact and gameplay.
    That layer of depth is gone.

Only Eve Online remains with such a deep layer of depth, both in meta gaming and risk versus reward.
    You could lose evrything in a simple wrong turn or mouseclick.

But as more and more studio's follow the safe path to the milky milky cow and undeafeated cash cow WoW, nothing will ever change.

My highest hope for the future is placed on CCP with World Of Darkness.

Yet ESO could have been that one kind of special mmo where shit matterd.....missed opertunity once again.

• SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Mothanoss.

Yet ESO could have been that one kind of special mmo where shit matterd.....missed opertunity once again.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQ.

You haven't even played the game you doom and gloomer. You go on about how games arent what they used to be, and gamers are now fragile little, slope headed, simpletons... yet you're going down the same path with your tears.

I've seen it in every forum, for every game post-wow, which we can all agree created your breed of gamer, sulky doom and gloomers.

Also, just because you subbed to eve and floated around in your t1 frigate, doesnt mean you played it. Eve is a glorified spreadsheet, its all about numbers and calculations, eve is not fun for most people, it does not get to be compared to the "average mmorpg".

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Mothanos

MMO Studio's settle with average crap these days, and even earn millions with it.
    As long as Average Joe buys crap mmo's nothing will change.

Basicly it is our own faulth to settle with such low standards when technology and developers with exceptional skills are not put to the test of pushing boundery's and limits.

Average joe like to do daily quests
    Average joe like pressing 1 2 3 without much tought
    Average joe like not to much hassle or effort
    Average joe like simple thing his standards are not to high so he is happy with current mmo models.

While alot more players long for the days back to where real mmo's where made for hardcore people who depended on each other.
    Playerbase was small, so small but yet so big, both in impact and gameplay.
    That layer of depth is gone.

Only Eve Online remains with such a deep layer of depth, both in meta gaming and risk versus reward.
    You could lose evrything in a simple wrong turn or mouseclick.

But as more and more studio's follow the safe path to the milky milky cow and undeafeated cash cow WoW, nothing will ever change.

My highest hope for the future is placed on CCP with World Of Darkness.

Sorry guy, sandbox is a niche game and a niche game it wol always be.  Now a Thempark/Sandbox hybrid is something that could sell well.  But until a good hybrid comes along I'll take an MMO that trys something new and exciting which ESO does alot of, plus it isn't a linear themepark more like an open ended themepark with some sandbox elements.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by jandrsn
    It's too bad gamers forget a lot of series break the mold and try new things. Not every game needs to be like madden football's wash rinse repeat formula. Sometimes you get a clunker, sometimes you get a gem. Have to wait and see I suppose.

But this is precisely my point. There is nothing in this game that is new. It's a generic rehash of many games that have gone before, most of which have failed. If they had actually put the time, effort and money into creating the open, classless, non-linear aspects of TES as an MMO, then that would have been new. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This has been covered a lot, and there's some discussion of the topic right here in this thread on the front page: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/380802/Will-the-real-ESO-please-standup.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.