Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something fishy about this wave of invites

Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
I literally don't know anyone that knows someone else that got in. 

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Need more friends.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Why is that fishy exactly?
  • SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Mange1

Your six degrees of seperation are just not good enough ;)

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

• EigetsuEigetsu Member UncommonPosts: 16
    That was April fools day joke.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

So, between you and your friends' vast social network, you should know someone who got in.. that's what you are saying?

I doubt you'll get a positive response from anyone here.  Be patient.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    I don't know anyone that knows anyone that got an invite either. Nor have I read of anyone claiming to have one. Regardless of the flamer/trolls, is just shows how small the first wave is. Now if you're hinting that you think there might not have been one at all, I'd have to say I doubt thats the case, but who really knows. Hopefully they start ramping up testing soon.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Considering the rumor of only about 100 people got in, I would wager your chance of knowing someone who got in is miniscule at best.

Don't worry there will be more beta invites and they will ramp it up the further the year goes along.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Originally posted by DAS1337

So, between you and your friends' vast social network, you should know someone who got in.. that's what you are saying?

I doubt you'll get a positive response from anyone here.  Be patient.

Funny, two came immediately after.  I guess they were pulled in since you are an asshat and opposites attract.  My social network gaming wise is actually pretty big, and I know quite a few people that have been known to get behind the scenes with betas and alpha while also attending gaming conventions.  None of them know anyone who has gotten in and I doubt most of the smug replies do either.  I'm also in Lords of the Dead which is a guild big enough to be a gaming community in itself.

I say it's fishy because I have a feeling they only let in people close to them yet their mass social network update about the invites suggests they'd be let in everyday people, which I find hard to believe.

Originally posted by azzamasin

Considering the rumor of only about 100 people got in, I would wager your chance of knowing someone who got in is miniscule at best.

Don't worry there will be more beta invites and they will ramp it up the further the year goes along.

Yea I've no doubt about the extra beta invites, I'd be fine with actually not getting in beta I'm not worried about that.  I tend to get lucky with beta invites and was in that first wave for GW2 that capped out at around 10k.   I just feel like the invite message was misleading and if 100 people got in that would explain a lot.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Something fishy about this wave of invites...

.......I did not get one.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.