Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your ultimate goals for when CU goes live?

fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314

I got to thinking, many people play MMO's these days and have different goals in mind. Obviously the #1 goal for most people should be to have fun. Aside from that that though, are you trying to become a Solo God able to take down groups, create your leet 8man guild that strikes fear into zergs. Maybe you want to be a realm leader and be known for leading zergs to victory, constnatly pilliaging anything that gets in your way. Maybe you want to be a well known crafter that builds the best swords in the game? 

Ok, now for me. I want to be a crafter. Not just any crafter but the best bow maker on my server. I actually got this idea when I first started playing Vanguard and for a few days I was the top bow maker on my server. In Warhammer Online I was the top Potion maker. Though anyone could do the same because it was really easy to level potion making, but I made sure that I could craft every single potion in the game and I did. Even the really stupid exspensive one's that no one ever bought. I also still have some rare potions that you can't even craft that were from some random events.

Anyway short answer I hope to become a well-known bow maker for my realm.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

Comments

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Leaderboard/killwhore hero, its my thing.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

To be the saviour of Camelot and named King Arthur's heir.

Hey, dream big. :)

• VymmVymm Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Sornin

To be the saviour of Camelot and named King Arthur's heir.

Hey, dream big. :)

Drake said it best here:  

Vymm

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    I wanna kill Mids.
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
  • Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by skyexile

Leaderboard/killwhore hero, its my thing.

Ha!  Good luck, Skyexile.  Just don't be the WoW kiddo that saves their burst just to get an extra 'killing blow' :)

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by Plastic-Metal
    Originally posted by skyexile Leaderboard/killwhore hero, its my thing.
    Ha!  Good luck, Skyexile.  Just don't be the WoW kiddo that saves their burst just to get an extra 'killing blow' :)

I was thinking ill just fireball people through hills.

:O

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• CU_now_pleaseCU_now_please Member Posts: 47

After DaoC I had a thing for grouping and the assist train, after WAR I just reaped the benefits of solo play...

Either of Solo God or teh1337-eat em very much depends on the game!

A Hybrid CC/lower dps ranged class would be my choice... if they dps with a bow can i get an early booking discount?  :p

/anon

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Since my old DAOC guild broke up, I've grown very comfortable playing at odd hours for short to medium play sessons (1-2 hours). More than likely I'll do the same in CU which means mostly soloing or zerg surfing. That's why I spend so much time in stealther and archer threads. If there is an archer class with stealth, that's most likely what I'll play. Otherwise I'll take a look at the caster, speed class, and scout class.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179
    To find a decent guild who actually do some training and work like a proper military unit....and THEN the fun starts.. muhahaha
  • VargurVargur Member CommonPosts: 143

Most importantly, to have fun.

Secondly, I'd like to be able to make a small contribution to Viking Domination, although I'll probably spend more time scouting than killing.

Lastly, since my DAoC days I have become something of a craft-lover, so I'll probably spend a lot of time on front of a forge somewhere.

As I grow older I find less time to spend playing games and currently is more of a weekend warrior, so I don't expect to find myself on any leaderboards.

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95
    RR11

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

My one and only goal when this game comes out is to have fun...

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264

Honestly just to dink around and have fun. I've been a part of pretty much every play style, and enjoy them all. Whatever I end up fitting into 2+ years from now I'll probably have a good time.

Maybe even crafting, if it pans out

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I look forward to experiencing the lows and highs that come with being a part of team competition with people that I enjoy being around (which I have found quite a few, despite detractors, here at mmorpg.com). 

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113
    I can't wait!
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by Ulorik
    To find a decent guild who actually do some training and work like a proper military unit....and THEN the fun starts.. muhahaha

what 24/7 raiding and going into total emo rage when a group whipes? ^^

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• JaironKalachJaironKalach Member Posts: 13
    To work with my realm to extend and hold the "city" far beyond the safe area.
  • gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322

My first goals are one,

make an rvr toon. and 2

make a crafter toon.:P

And number 3-----

HAVE FUN!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Game is not even in Alpha and people are planning what they will do in game? Talk about a hype train - this makes the SWTOR and GW2 train look rather pathetic in comparison.

Wait and see if it will be published/developed - Kickstarter does not mean it will even get that far.

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by botrytis

Game is not even in Alpha and people are planning what they will do in game? Talk about a hype train - this makes the SWTOR and GW2 train look rather pathetic in comparison.

Wait and see if it will be published/developed - Kickstarter does not mean it will even get that far.

Don't talk about game in said game's subforum says guy. Ok lol :)

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

BAH :)

Ye o'little faith.

planning is everything. 

• JaironKalachJaironKalach Member Posts: 13

Here's the difference. As a backer and a part of that initial community, I get a chance to nudge the game in a direction so that those ultimate goals are a reality. Having this discussion is helpful for those of us who (hopefully) will be part of that base community to get on the same page.

• ArnfiarnunnArnfiarnunn Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Wearing a long beard and lead my clan to fights! :)

• BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94

I want to be a healer.  Maybe not a great one, but a good one.  One that people welcome to groups knowing I'll do my best to keep everyone alive.

And I want to be a crafter.  I'm hopeful that there will be some sort of crafting that requires thought and planning, like spellcrafting in DAoC.  The in-game crafting wasn't hard, the hard part was out of game trying to plan the perfect setup for a customer.  It was challenging and I loved it. 

I might be strange but I miss spending hours holed up in a keep defending it.  I miss spending hours banging on a keep trying to get in.  I play a lot of wvw in GW2 but it's just a pale facsimile of what DAoC used to be.  I want it back!