Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how is everyone liking it so far?

tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Im hearing the game is pretty short,is this true?  Im guessing some people are at least half way to max level already.

lots of bugs? 

fun? boring? same ol crap?

Comments

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Theres no levels.  The guy who started the whole "its short" thing skipped everything but the main storyline...which one can expect to stop with the TV shows progression as to not spoil the TV show.

Its not a MMORPG, and its not a PS2 style battleground...its something inbetween, and for me, whos kinda burnt out on high fantasy games, the sci fi weapons the story and the type of game it is has been fairly enjoyable thus far..

Im expecting the game to open up more as the TV show progresses, meaning that i cant imagine there being very much in terms of main storyline in the game at this point.  Whole point of the game+tv show is to tie them in right?  Why would anyone expect there to be enough content to make watching the TV show pointless?  Or to spoil plot lines or whatever?

Ill admit that this isnt going to be a game people on this site like.  It competes in mechanics with GW2, being a lot of dynamic events, though its oddly not as shallow, and certainly not as cliche as that game...which instantly fill this sub forum with haters.  Its nothing like APB, nothing like Firefall, nothing like PS2, nothing like Global Agenda or Fallen Earth.  They really hit a good middle ground with a PVE TPS.

Its not the best game ever.  It plays and feels different, which is what i want.  Longevity?  Well its buy to play. I expect at some point ill walk away from the game and then come back, as i do with other buy to play steam games, and thats how im treating the game..not a mmorpg that i need to be glued to or im done.  Im sure Trion will add free content along with the DLC stuff.  Either way theres certainly a lot of events and side missions to keep you plenty busy. I dont expect DLC to be crazy expensive, i think the first 5 seasons of DLC were packaged at $30, which is fine with me, if im still interested ill buy it.

I wouldnt want to play this game for 15 hours a day weeks on end, not that i want to ever really do that with any game, as its the best way to ruin a good game for youself.

Only real complaints are the menu system and the TPS view+crosshairs takes about 20min to get use to.  I hate the dialogue the allien lady uses...every time i hear her say "schtako" i want to punch her deformed face. 

Story is decent, not typical of mmorpgs which is good.  I dont know where the story is leading to, most mmorpgs its beyond predictable which is super annoying paired with a "try hard" story that wants to be the most epic story ever told.

Combat mechanics are fun once accostomed to them, guns are pretty interesting with a bit of complexity and leveling involved in the actual weapon.  The Ego system is light on complexity, i think it could use some work and be a bit more interesting though.  Oh and you only get one "magic" skill as i would call it...which is good...you focus on the shooting of things.

Yeah im liking it now, we will see how long that lasts, and if theres any returning player motives afterward.  Should be interesting...  Oh and i think watching the TV show is really going to enhance game enjoyment...so if your into that kind of thing its going to be a game that works i think.  Saw only the 14min trailer on the syfi website...didnt look nearly as cheezy as i thought it was going to look...and actually has a base story thats quite interesting. 

If your broke or hate spending money without getting years in return then i would skip the game and stick to whatever new f2p game comes out.  If $60 isn no big deal and your able to act like an adult regarding games and expectations i would give it a try if this all sounds interesting.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

I am enjoying it so far. Running quests and doing arkfalls. Bout to get in on some of the pvp and shadow wars. Have not tried any of the coop missions but some of us are gonna give them a go today probably.

It is not a deep massive MMORPG like EQ. It is a MMOshooter with rpg elements which is fine with me. As for it being short well can't answer that. I guess it could be if you just burn thru the main story missions as fast as possible. It is also known it will have regular DLC.

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

fun factor is very high, there a multitude of things to do.

• spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143

Very satisfying, very smooth. Having lots of fun so far, really taking my time and enjoying it. I'm usually one of those people who races to end game etc... but as there is no rush with this game I find myself really taking my time and getting very engrossed. Definitely happy with the purchase :) On the comment of it being too short, it's definitely not.

Obviously the main storyline, as was explained, needs to tie in with the show so I won't go into detail with that but all the side missions, arkfalls, pursuits, intel, dungeons, pvp, there's lots to keep a person occupied for quite some time and you can expect lots of consistent content updates from Trion as show progresses. Overall, very happy.

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

Theres a main storyline, and theres an episode storyline that I remember from Alpha.

My impression is that it will expand each week with the t.v. series.

Originally posted by Calibanvov

Theres a main storyline, and theres an episode storyline that I remember from Alpha.

My impression is that it will expand each week with the t.v. series.

It would make no sense not to expand the storyline each week with a new episode.

Im curious how they will handle the off season though.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

My hell this game is fun.  I really didn't enjoy it in Beta that much, and couldn't get past the crappy UI.  Now that I'm more committed to a character, though, the combat is really addictive.  I love how a lot of the enemies have high defenses with weakspots to exploit at certain times, which really makes it more than your standard shooter game.  Combat is also very active; you really have to stay on your toes with rolling around and timing your shots, etc..

Gameplay is simply amazing.  It also has a weird Skyrim/Red Dead Redemption feel to it, in that you constantly run into random stuff while traveling, like road blocks or bug infestations or civies that need to be rescued, that seem to randly spawn around the area.

And since Trion is behind this game, I'm really hopeful about how they'll keep building on the world with the DLC.

You make me like charity

• ShrewdDuckShrewdDuck Member UncommonPosts: 21
    The world does feel very alive and the fast pace tps can be addictingly fun. I just hope they can optimize the engine for the 360 so the major arkfalls aren't  so laggy.
  • GigachipGigachip Member UncommonPosts: 35

I'm enjoying the game a lot. I was lucky that my professor canceled class today (only class I have on Tues/Thurs) so I got to enjoy the release day by playing it. Only big pause from gameplay I took was to go on a little cruise and get gas for my car. 

I didn't power through though. I've been enjoying the side missions along with the main quests. 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm having quite a bit of fun so far. I haven't played too much to be honest, but when I have been, it was really quite fun.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I actually feared for my money when pre ordering this game (Wasn't in beta).

Turned out it is the greatest fun I have had in a very long time

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

Having the console beta so close to release date kind of spoiled it a bit.  Nice to see the console beta code was old code and the main issues have been resolved.   Don't like the ammo crate updates though, that is getting on my nerves.   But well happy that arkfall events don't now go mental and lag when loads of players attend.   Don't understand some of things yet, like weapon mods - I have slots but they aren't useable. I enable a slot and it still doesn't seem useable.  But not a major concern I will get there in the end. 

Overall it's quite a different game to the beta on the Xbox.  A lot of things are a bit harder to kill now, different types of mutant, better animations, sound issues are fixed.  Impressed to be honest and it's running well. Not noticed any sort of lag or any problems.   Hats of to them, nice launch and a polished game - top marks.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Garbage in my opinion.
  • Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by Etherignis
    Garbage in my opinion.

I think it's either a love-or-hate relationship with this game. 

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Garbage in my opinion.

Here let's fix this, Etherignis said I didn't enjoy what this game is or has to offer thus it is garbage. I have played many garbage games but this one takes the cake.

Ugh what it must be like to be you and I can only imagine what you think is "good".

Garbage in my opinion.

And everybody is entitled to their opinion, though when making statements it helps if you elaborate on why you think said game is garbage.  That then might helps others when making decisions on a purchase or not.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by fallenlords

Having the console beta so close to release date kind of spoiled it a bit.  Nice to see the console beta code was old code and the main issues have been resolved.   Don't like the ammo crate updates though, that is getting on my nerves.   But well happy that arkfall events don't now go mental and lag when loads of players attend.   Don't understand some of things yet, like weapon mods - I have slots but they aren't useable. I enable a slot and it still doesn't seem useable.  But not a major concern I will get there in the end. 

Overall it's quite a different game to the beta on the Xbox.  A lot of things are a bit harder to kill now, different types of mutant, better animations, sound issues are fixed.  Impressed to be honest and it's running well. Not noticed any sort of lag or any problems.   Hats of to them, nice launch and a polished game - top marks.

I found a post on the official forums a few days ago and this guy has made a number of FAQ videos on Youtube. Here's one all about weapon mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO74ITJ2af8

Originally posted by jmcdermottuk
    Originally posted by fallenlords

I found a post on the official forums a few days ago and this guy has made a number of FAQ videos on Youtube. Here's one all about weapon mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO74ITJ2af8

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Loved my beta time, and loving launch even more. It's fun as can be. I love shooting things!
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    It's quite enjoyable. That said, if it had a sub fee, I wouldn't have bothered.
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by BrownAle

Theres no levels.  The guy who started the whole "its short" thing skipped everything but the main storyline...which one can expect to stop with the TV shows progression as to not spoil the TV show.

Its not a MMORPG, and its not a PS2 style battleground...its something inbetween, and for me, whos kinda burnt out on high fantasy games, the sci fi weapons the story and the type of game it is has been fairly enjoyable thus far..

Im expecting the game to open up more as the TV show progresses, meaning that i cant imagine there being very much in terms of main storyline in the game at this point.  Whole point of the game+tv show is to tie them in right?  Why would anyone expect there to be enough content to make watching the TV show pointless?  Or to spoil plot lines or whatever?

Ill admit that this isnt going to be a game people on this site like.  It competes in mechanics with GW2, being a lot of dynamic events, though its oddly not as shallow, and certainly not as cliche as that game...which instantly fill this sub forum with haters.  Its nothing like APB, nothing like Firefall, nothing like PS2, nothing like Global Agenda or Fallen Earth.  They really hit a good middle ground with a PVE TPS.

Its not the best game ever.  It plays and feels different, which is what i want.  Longevity?  Well its buy to play. I expect at some point ill walk away from the game and then come back, as i do with other buy to play steam games, and thats how im treating the game..not a mmorpg that i need to be glued to or im done.  Im sure Trion will add free content along with the DLC stuff.  Either way theres certainly a lot of events and side missions to keep you plenty busy. I dont expect DLC to be crazy expensive, i think the first 5 seasons of DLC were packaged at $30, which is fine with me, if im still interested ill buy it.

I wouldnt want to play this game for 15 hours a day weeks on end, not that i want to ever really do that with any game, as its the best way to ruin a good game for youself.

Only real complaints are the menu system and the TPS view+crosshairs takes about 20min to get use to.  I hate the dialogue the allien lady uses...every time i hear her say "schtako" i want to punch her deformed face. 

Story is decent, not typical of mmorpgs which is good.  I dont know where the story is leading to, most mmorpgs its beyond predictable which is super annoying paired with a "try hard" story that wants to be the most epic story ever told.

Combat mechanics are fun once accostomed to them, guns are pretty interesting with a bit of complexity and leveling involved in the actual weapon.  The Ego system is light on complexity, i think it could use some work and be a bit more interesting though.  Oh and you only get one "magic" skill as i would call it...which is good...you focus on the shooting of things.

Yeah im liking it now, we will see how long that lasts, and if theres any returning player motives afterward.  Should be interesting...  Oh and i think watching the TV show is really going to enhance game enjoyment...so if your into that kind of thing its going to be a game that works i think.  Saw only the 14min trailer on the syfi website...didnt look nearly as cheezy as i thought it was going to look...and actually has a base story thats quite interesting. 

If your broke or hate spending money without getting years in return then i would skip the game and stick to whatever new f2p game comes out.  If $60 isn no big deal and your able to act like an adult regarding games and expectations i would give it a try if this all sounds interesting.

Did I read this right: You are burnt out and still keep on playing?

Sorry man but what a pittiful life is that? There are millions of other things besides gaming in this world... its not like you HAVE to play each new MMO?

And speaking of "new" - if you are burnt out that means you are playing a lot. So you have experience how games are being developed. And that they do not differ that much in the last years.

You are free to take a break and come back whenever you want.

• Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

Sorry man but what a pittiful life is that? There are millions of other things besides gaming in this world... its not like you HAVE to play each new MMO?

And speaking of "new" - if you are burnt out that means you are playing a lot. So you have experience how games are being developed. And that they do not differ that much in the last years.

Quite judgmental about how people live their lives now, aren't we?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I love this game, I'm having fun, and that's all that matters to me.  I'm the only one that can give a proper review for a game (for me).  Until, people realize this, there's gonna be all kinds of hate and trolly posts.  I played alpha and beta, and I loved it, so I knew I would love the game even more.  That's why it's my 5th pre-order ever, and my only pre-order since Rift.  I love Trion :)
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Once i got past horrible patcher i enjoyed what few hours i could spent in it last night. it is a B2P MMO and since it is not raid focused i am not obliged to play it everyday because i have to catch up with other players. It is a perfect MMO to get in and out whenever i feel like.

I don't have much time anyways..hour or two is all i get these days for gaming.

Does this game has its problems? many actually but it is not some 'horrible' peice of garbage as some would want you to believe.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by 4bsolute

you read it wrong.  its a long post so i figured those with poor reading comprehension wouldnt get it.

I should really start adding a TL;DR summary of my posts that are long

TLDR of previous post: It doesnt play like the high fantasy themeparks im burned out on, so i like it.