Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be warned...

SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
This game is a MMO hybrid third person shooter with a ever expanding main story line and a ton of side quests, missions and other things to experience for a couple weeks until the show starts and the content starts gradually expanding. Be logical in your purchase of this title and understand if a season pass claims 5 DLC packs will be given that would have cost money then Trion has already made some of those, layed out the plans for the others because Trion is not Aventurine or Mortal Online developers, Trion is not Blizzard or Sony... Trion loves releasing content, I strongly feel it's a turn on to them to launch new content. I hope you can find yourself enjoying the game like I have instead of nit picking any detail you can to claim a game isn't perfect.

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Why another discussion on the same topic?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Seemed relevant
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    Seemed relevant

Its certainly more relevant than "OMG theres only 14 hours of gameplay in Defiance, be warned!" or "Maps same size as it was in beta, even though I'm showing screenshots that contradict this..." lol. 

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Seemed relevant

Its certainly more relevant than "OMG theres only 14 hours of gameplay in Defiance, be warned!" or "Maps same size as it was in beta, even though I'm showing screenshots that contradict this..." lol. 

So let me get this straight:

Knowing they were going to tie the TV show in with the game...did people expect a full seasons worths of storyline avalible to them on launch day?  That would kinda spoil the TV show wouldnt it?

I just assumed theres a seasons worth of content in the game, and as the show progresses more of its going to be made avalible in game...i could be wrong but thats really what i expected.

So...with that in mind...14hrs to beat the storyline, and assuming they are not dumb enough to put spoilers into the game to ruin their TV series...we can expect perhaps more content next week...

I mean am i the only one who assumed this...or did everyone expect there to be massive spoilers in the game one episode into the TV show?

Again i could be wrong here, and would be a bit dissapointed...it just seems too...i dunno..LOGICAL...to think that they are at least going to attempt to pace the games story in line with the show..  So with one TV show out...14hours of storyline in the game isnt half bad i guess.  Considering theres a shitload of dynamic stuff...greanted we all know at this point that kind of content is short lived...though maybe its different in a TPS and with a shooter gamer crowd..

I hope im right in this...having them pace content in the game is actually a great idea...keep the people who...you know..beat a game in 14hours after it launches from hitting a content celing and getting bored...

Seemed relevant

My point was that there was a topic on this already. It seems like it would be more "relevent" to hash out your differences there and not start another thread. /shrug

I'm trying to learn about the game and now I have to follow two threads. It's hard to weigh differences when there is no debate and just total agreement! lol

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by BrownAle
    Seemed relevant

Knowing they were going to tie the TV show in with the game...did people expect a full seasons worths of storyline avalible to them on launch day?  That would kinda spoil the TV show wouldnt it?

I just assumed theres a seasons worth of content in the game, and as the show progresses more of its going to be made avalible in game...i could be wrong but thats really what i expected.

So...with that in mind...14hrs to beat the storyline, and assuming they are not dumb enough to put spoilers into the game to ruin their TV series...we can expect perhaps more content next week...

I mean am i the only one who assumed this...or did everyone expect there to be massive spoilers in the game one episode into the TV show?

Again i could be wrong here, and would be a bit dissapointed...it just seems too...i dunno..LOGICAL...to think that they are at least going to attempt to pace the games story in line with the show..  So with one TV show out...14hours of storyline in the game isnt half bad i guess.  Considering theres a shitload of dynamic stuff...greanted we all know at this point that kind of content is short lived...though maybe its different in a TPS and with a shooter gamer crowd..

I hope im right in this...having them pace content in the game is actually a great idea...keep the people who...you know..beat a game in 14hours after it launches from hitting a content celing and getting bored...

Maybe you have to play the tv commercials as well!   I would love that because I would  shoot Flo the Progressive insurance lady right in the face!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'm just excited, because I hope they keep the game updating while the show is in offseason.  I wish shows like Walking Dead did this.  I hate having to wait until october for the next season of Walking Dead...I wants it now...I am playing the Walking Dead: Survival Instincts game hehe.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Seemed relevant

My point was that there was a topic on this already. It seems like it would be more "relevent" to hash out your differences there and not start another thread. /shrug

I'm trying to learn about the game and now I have to follow two threads. It's hard to weigh differences when there is no debate and just total agreement! lol

The other thread isn't worth following so I'm not sure why you would be following both though in all honesty while funny, this thread isn't really worth following either. The thread you are reffering to is about a player skipping most of the content to get to the "End". In 14 hours they barely leveled their EGO, saw very little of the game world, participated in no side Missions, Arkfalls, PvP, they basically followed the main mission to the end of the game which isn't even half of the content and some were trying to use that to say the game has no content.

If you want to learn about the game, that thread is not the thread to use lol.  

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by BrownAle
    Seemed relevant

Maybe you have to play the tv commercials as well!   I would love that because I would  shoot Flo the Progressive insurance lady right in the face!

Oh god....the only thing worse is any commercial related to a cell phone or cell phone carrier.

The other thread isn't worth following so I'm not sure why you would be following both though in all honesty while funny, this thread isn't really worth following either. The thread you are reffering to is about a player skipping most of the content to get to the "End". In 14 hours they barely leveled their EGO, saw very little of the game world, participated in no side Missions, Arkfalls, PvP, they basically followed the main mission to the end of the game which isn't even half of the content and some were trying to use that to say the game has no content.

If you want to learn about the game, that thread is not the thread to use lol.  

OK! Thank you for the input. :D

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138

We're also doing DLC and guess what: much of the content in them will be free for everyone. We don't split you away from your friends and have you pay us to be alone in a dungeon. That would be weird. From producer of defience.  

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by UnrealRpg

We're also doing DLC and guess what: much of the content in them will be free for everyone. We don't split you away from your friends and have you pay us to be alone in a dungeon. That would be weird. From producer of defience.  

Love that quote. An obvious snide on swtor, lol