Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Choose what I play.

wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380
Ok, so right now I can't afford to sub to a game.  But, there are several F2P options that I really enjoy.  Problem is, I can't make up my mind. So, I'm going to let you guys choose.  If you want to discuss some of the games that's fine but please don't let this become a discussion of x game is better than y game because, or x game sucks because.  Please try to stay positive and constructive.  If you play any of these games, if you want, post your toons name and contact info and I'll try to look you up in game.  Thanks guys!

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    voted Age of Conan, it beats every game on that list easily

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by FromHell

It is definitely one of my favorites.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I'm playing Aion currently.....great F2P model.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MageickMageick Member UncommonPosts: 102

I said GW2, I didn't really play long myself because leveling for me was too much work I felt, (I was most likely doing it wrong but,) Honestly one of the most charming games I've played, with the new April event "Super Adventure Box" was just awesome!

Highly reccommend this game.

alot too like! and Do!

Originally posted by Kyleran
    I'm playing Aion currently.....great F2P model.

Aion and I have a love hate relationship.  I love the graphics which typically I don't like the more anime appearing games.  The basic gameplay is simple and fun.  I love flying.  But, I feel like it's a little grindy at times.  More so than other games.  It may be that I revisit it eventually though.  To be honest I have a tendency to forget about it because I don't currently have it installed.  I may have to remedy that, thank you.

GW2 really does have a lot to offer.  I get the more hardcore gamers find fault with what they feel is a relatively short game, luckily for me I'm a hardcore casual lol.  I do think it's a lot of fun.  I love the way your powers change when you change weapons.  To me that seems genius and a little more realistic  and natural.  I also love games with active dodge.  It will definitely be one that I always revisit and if we don't get more voters in here I'll apparently be revisiting it very soon! lol

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

Very well then.  You shall play Tecmo Super Bowl.

I take it you don't have a problem with buy to play, or perhaps spending some money occasionally on an item mall?  It's just the monthly subscription that you won't pay?

Originally posted by Quizzical

Very well then.  You shall play Tecmo Super Bowl.

I take it you don't have a problem with buy to play, or perhaps spending some money occasionally on an item mall?  It's just the monthly subscription that you won't pay?

Hah!  I remember Techmo!  No, I just can't buy a new game right now.  I actually prefer buy to play.  But right now I am stuck with that I have and I prefer not to spend any cash because I am currently out of work and have a wife and 2 kids to care for.  Not saying I won't spend a couple bucks here and there on item shop boosts etc, but I can't do it on any kind of regular basis till I get a new line of work.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Tecmo Super Bowl.. lol.  My brother used to play that all the time.

Anyway, I guess I'm another one for GW2, however I'd also recommend EQ2 (now that someone told me you're not limited to two characters on a free account).  If you can stand the fact that the combat is very straight-forward early MMO "punch for punch", then EQ2 has a lot of great lore and quests galore.  You'll be in the general starting area for quite a while before even noticing that you've spent so much time there.  With a friend, it's even better.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I haven't logged on my PC so I'm not voting yet but I'd refer you to either EQ2 if you want a really deep themepark experience or if you want something a little more open world Vanguard. Both have in depth crafting and would supply you with a LOT of content.

If you go the EQ2 route I would consider the one time 5.00 for silver status.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Oh and we can play Techmo but I get to be the Raiders :)
    Originally posted by Aelious
    Oh and we can play Techmo but I get to be the Raiders :)

I didn't realize it to your post that Techmo had been turned into an online game!  Wow.  

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    If you can't afford a subscription fee then I am sure you can't afford the cash shop fee that some of those titles will pull out of you to play and advance. That leads me to suggest GW2 from the list as you already own it and the cash shop is purely for vanity items and party goods you can totally skip.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by FromHell

I must have missed something with AoC...It felt like I was playing EQ2 all over again and that was in Tortage...I heard it got alot worse once you past level 20 so I didnt see any reason to go on..... voted GW2 for the OP even though you do have to pay for it.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    You cannot go wrong with GW2.

• LeaningKidGokuLeaningKidGoku Member Posts: 41

Imma have to vote for, Terra.  This game may not seem like it is, but it's bringing alot to the new, "Open World" platform style for games.  Out of graphics of course this is the best choice it has vivid scenery to the game that makes you have that warm feeling inside just like Aion gives players. 

The controls may get hard to get use to once you get more skills, but eventually you'll be use to it.

Well, it's been a couple of days now and those of you who voted clearly favor GW2 so....I'll see you in game.