Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Buy?

2»

Comments

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I've had no issues on pc and its a blast to play with or without friends.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Total Biscuit has put up a short vid of Defiance, its only in the starter area but even so the game has a few 'issues' its probably worth waiting to see if the game really is ready, its possible the issues with the game are only in the starter area, but, current advice seems to be to approach this one with caution. image
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    put in 5-6 hours today.  Love it.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Phry
    Total Biscuit has put up a short vid of Defiance, its only in the starter area but even so the game has a few 'issues' its probably worth waiting to see if the game really is ready, its possible the issues with the game are only in the starter area, but, current advice seems to be to approach this one with caution. image

Ok just watched TB, he has 2 concerns. First the 120Hz bug, valid point. Trion have been aware of it for some time and still not fixed it, but there is a fix in another thread here on the boards. Second the AI in the tutorial area is dumb as a bag of rocks. Yep it really is. It changes. TB gets within 5 feet of some mutants before they start to shoot him in the tutorial. As soon as you get out of it that range will increase by a good distance. It becomes more in line with your regular MMO aggro range.

Still, there's no harm in waiting a few days at least if you're unsure, or even a week or 2 if you feel the need. It's actually good advice these days to stop pre-ordering games and wait for reviews before you commit to them. Colonial Marines anyone?

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

haven't seen any massively disruptive AI glitches in my travels yet.  lag happens every once in a while though, in a normal MMO with auto attack, wouldn't make a huge difference.  but fighting at range, you tend to miss or enemies might lag out every once in a while and then the next thing you know they are right on top of you.  not that big of a deal because it is launch day after all, pretty crowded areas.

did a couple instance runs earlier, they were pretty fun.  i have faith in the continuation of the story and timely bug fixes because trion is pretty good with this iirc from my Rift days.