Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally AA deserves better hype then camelot and fake elder scrolls online.

2»

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

This biggest roadblock for this game becoming a hit in the west is its FFA structure.

FFA games rarely do well here, in fact I cant remember the last FFA game that did better than Ultima Online...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by jtcgs

This biggest roadblock for this game becoming a hit in the west is its FFA structure.

FFA games rarely do well here, in fact I cant remember the last FFA game that did better than Ultima Online...

Probably Eve...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165

It's getting safer each patch probably in the time when it gets to West it will have forced PVE servers. You won't loose anything when you die so it's kinda impossible to compare it to UO (except that new insurance shit ofc).

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Originally posted by Karteli

Probably Eve...

Eve doesnt count, space based game.

Originally posted by inporylemQQ

It's getting safer each patch probably in the time when it gets to West it will have forced PVE servers. You won't loose anything when you die so it's kinda impossible to compare it to UO (except that new insurance shit ofc).

I only compared it to UO by its FFA since that is what I was talking about. FFA games dont do very well in the west and if they do end up creating PvE servers and focus on advertising that, it DOES deserve more hype and to do well. I would play it then.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Archeage will be really cool.

Certainly cooler than some hyped RvR zerg game which only exists on paper. But hey people throw their money at the silliest things.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by inporylemQQ

This.

• pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111

hate brings hate

OP is just another f troll

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by FromHell

Archeage will be really cool.

Certainly cooler than some hyped RvR zerg game which only exists on paper. But hey people throw their money at the silliest things.

Mrpgs started out on paper... so the concept isnt too hard to understand depending on where you started

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Hate on hater. TESO will be here way before AA. I was looking forward to AA but the more I hear about TESO the more I am thinking that is the game for me. 
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

I do share the OP's frustration, since I usually only navigate via the MMORPG main page or real time page, it is frustrating to see the great majority of discussion revolving around CU. It would be different if this game was more than a concept or releasing within a year or so. It just baffles my mind that a game in only the concept stage has nearly taken over all discussions on this site. As soon as other topics are indeed made, they are quickly buried by CU wishes and dreams.

At the same time, there are countless haters that seem hell bent of warping Archeage with misinformation such as "just another themepark" which it is very very far from. I just come to the conclusion that many if not most MMO'ers will buy their game by IP not feature set. Archeage is a perfect example of that. A game with the most ambicious feature set of any MMO's in that past 8 years if ever but peeps just want their familiar IP regardless if it realisitically has a feature set that will maintain any long term commitment.

Originally posted by LordSneerg
    Hate on hater. TESO will be here way before AA. I was looking forward to AA but the more I hear about TESO the more I am thinking that is the game for me. 

AA is being released in the west later this year.  Dunno about TESO, but I imagine it's such a big IP that it could get away with being released early, with bugs fixed at a later time, like SWTOR did.

TESO sounded interesting at first, then I heard about the invisible walls, impassable moutains, and exhaustion points used to isolate each faction permanently, with exception to PVP instances.  Glad ArcheAge doesn't do that.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by wizyy

Yeah, how can any other upcoming game be better than this 

- ArcheAge siege 500 vs 500 players (on test server):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

nice, nice in a test environment.

in reality, it will be a lag fest.

I don't get all the rage with huge fights anyways.  It might sound immersive on paper, but in reality it's just a bunch of people who don't want to work together, trying to participate in a war they never trained for.  What you end up with is a bunch of people goofing off, going afk, etc.  For no good reason other than because they can, and few would even notice.

Part of the deal with the Seiges is one of the core endgame mechanics, Player Factions.

While not released yet, Korean players and media were reporting on what had been said in the past about them so far;

-Limited claim locations on the 3rd continent. 38 regions were mentioned.

-Once a single Expeditionary Force (Guild) claims 4 or more of those regions, they can declare themselves as an Independent Faction. And are no longer under Eastern/Western faction rules.

-Player guilds are limited at creation to only 1 factions members, ie. A Nuain could not join a Ferre/Hariharan Expeditionary Force (Guild). Once they become an Independent Faction they can have members from any race.

No doubt it will be nice.  Bigger siege battles get logistically harder to manage and harder to fill.  Having a guild attendence failure in a large scale "lopsided" fight might mean an inevitable failure.

So not even one of you even bothered to watch the youtube video? LOL

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by steelwind

I do share the OP's frustration, since I usually only navigate via the MMORPG main page or real time page, it is frustrating to see the great majority of discussion revolving around CU. It would be different if this game was more than a concept or releasing within a year or so. It just baffles my mind that a game in only the concept stage has nearly taken over all discussions on this site. As soon as other topics are indeed made, they are quickly buried by CU wishes and dreams.

It's called ASTROTURFING.

Guess you didn't notice half of the CU threads are made by the same three people.

Seriously, hyping a game which is nothing but some paragraphs of concept text is the most ridiculous social behaviour I have ever seen on this site. Ever.

oh well throwing 100$+ at a gameconcept without an existing prototype is even more ridiculous

CU is in the same league with Greed Monger and the league is called "Vaporware"

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by archeageking

Finally A $50 million dollar budget sandbox with many mamany many many many and even more sandbox features then any other current so called sandboxes deserves better hype then camelot and fake elder scrolls online (both are not sandboxes).

AA deserves mroe attention then those so called not sandbox fantasy games.

CU will be another Niche game which would do well to aquire 100k subscribers.

ESO is the next mega-huge Triple-A MMO which will pull in millions of players.  With that being said, only time will tell if most of those stick around.  If the game offers enough content and features enough TES like gameplay then it should be poised to grow.

Agree with CU, although 100k seems a little high.  It will likely be hailed as a success with much less by fans, ie the number of kickstarters will be 5-10k.  If 10% are founders, that's pretty good I guess.

TESO is going to have an eventual meltdown, on par with SWTOR.  That's what I'm looking for =D .. EA needs competition for a huge IP going P2P to F2P in Guiness Book record time.

You did mention Aion in comparison to ArcheAge earlier though.  While I think Aion was pretty good for the era of themeparks, it did have some troubles with world size and lacking sandboxy'ness, modes of play, and such.  I loved having a glider / wings though.  AA offers more smooth exploration, social interactivity, and creative sharing, which is important to me with future MMORPG's.  A bit of mayhem, pilaging, and stealing doesn't hurt either!

This discussion has been closed.