Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally AA deserves better hype then camelot and fake elder scrolls online.

archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

Finally A $50 million dollar budget sandbox with many mamany many many many and even more sandbox features then any other current so called sandboxes deserves better hype then camelot and fake elder scrolls online (both are not sandboxes).

AA deserves mroe attention then those so called not sandbox fantasy games.

Comments

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by archeageking

Finally A $50 million dollar budget sandbox with many mamany many many many and even more sandbox features then any other current so called sandboxes deserves better hype then camelot and fake elder scrolls online (both are not sandboxes).

Some players just prefer to live and die by IP instead of the feature set a game actually has. You and I are in the latter catagory. The question is where everyone ends up when the dust settles and and newness wears off. I know where I'll be....

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I agree with the title of this thread (w/e with the "fake" comment though). The reason being, is atleast people have played AA. It just doesn't make since to hype a game before you played or even seen it, it's boarderline crazy. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I haven't even bothered to check what's ArcheAge because as far as I know it's still some time till it'll be released, but the title of this thread and the original post sure did a good job to earn my antipathy towards it, and with it my low hype rating. 

Keep it up, this mature way of supporting your game is gonna work.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Yeah, how can any other upcoming game be better than this 

- ArcheAge siege 500 vs 500 players (on test server):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by wizyy

OMG AWESOM!E

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You do realize many people view that as zerg vs zerg and really aren't interested in that sort of combat.

It is an impressive accomplishment, just might not be what folks are looking for.

Would help if communications to the Western audience were a bit more forthcoming, hopefully that will change soon.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Open the link

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• osiriszoranosiriszoran Member Posts: 86
    I just want a game that is fantasy based or sci fi based (not in space) that doesnt suck and is not theme park.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Sandbox is a niche product and ArcheAge is not really a pure sandbox but a hybrid.  With that being said AA is an Asian MMO and will be as about as popular as Aion in the West.  Thats a fact!

CU will be another Niche game which would do well to aquire 100k subscribers.

ESO is the next mega-huge Triple-A MMO which will pull in millions of players.  With that being said, only time will tell if most of those stick around.  If the game offers enough content and features enough TES like gameplay then it should be poised to grow.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

There are also a lot of things about AA that have turned people off that were previously intereted in the title.  Such as the extreeme lack of rewards for joining the pirate faction, the overcrowding of the "safe" zones, and how instead of fighting over ships, it's more of a who can knock the other player off their ship and just run away with it.

If there was true badass ship to ship combat, less negatives for joining the pirate faction, and removal of housing in "safe" zones.  It would go a long way toward drawing in more people.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Kyleran

You do realize many people view that as zerg vs zerg and really aren't interested in that sort of combat.

It is an impressive accomplishment, just might not be what folks are looking for.

Would help if communications to the Western audience were a bit more forthcoming, hopefully that will change soon.

Looking at the video I don't think it really looks very "zergy"  and I really wouldn't call it impressive either. I think I'll take a pass on this one.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Archeage will be hyped up for the North American audiance when the game starts to be revealed by TRION. So hold your horses. Besides, games like ESO and CU will kill themselves off long before the games are released. Long live the mighty words spoken by Mark Jacobs(Lead Developer of CU/Mythic), "Working as intended."

I would like to see the link to a quote where MJ ever said working as intended.  I've seen Blizz CM's use that phrase often, but I've never ever seen MJ use that phrase.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Hehe, its been years, I actually watched it until the end!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ragz45

Archeage will be hyped up for the North American audiance when the game starts to be revealed by TRION. So hold your horses. Besides, games like ESO and CU will kill themselves off long before the games are released. Long live the mighty words spoken by Mark Jacobs(Lead Developer of CU/Mythic), "Working as intended."

I would like to see the link to a quote where MJ ever said working as intended.  I've seen Blizz CM's use that phrase often, but I've never ever seen MJ use that phrase.

You must have never played Warhammer Online. You're forgiven.

Played WH for about a year, I still don't recall MJ ever saying this.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

General Discussion  » Finally AA deserves better hype then camelot and fake elder scrolls online.

What the heck is *better hype* ?

people can allready watch its great gameplay everywhere,thats all it needs.

let gw2 and other  pro games hype their world geatest loading screens etc,AA doesnt really need that kind of crowd.

Let's internet

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

nice, nice in a test environment.

in reality, it will be a lag fest.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by FromHell

I don't get all the rage with huge fights anyways.  It might sound immersive on paper, but in reality it's just a bunch of people who don't want to work together, trying to participate in a war they never trained for.  What you end up with is a bunch of people goofing off, going afk, etc.  For no good reason other than because they can, and few would even notice.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Karteli

I don't get all the rage with huge fights anyways.  It might sound immersive on paper, but in reality it's just a bunch of people who don't want to work together, trying to participate in a war they never trained for.  What you end up with is a bunch of people goofing off, going afk, etc.  For no good reason other than because they can, and few would even notice.

Part of the deal with the Seiges is one of the core endgame mechanics, Player Factions.

While not released yet, Korean players and media were reporting on what had been said in the past about them so far;

-Limited claim locations on the 3rd continent. 38 regions were mentioned.

-Once a single Expeditionary Force (Guild) claims 4 or more of those regions, they can declare themselves as an Independent Faction. And are no longer under Eastern/Western faction rules.

-Player guilds are limited at creation to only 1 factions members, ie. A Nuain could not join a Ferre/Hariharan Expeditionary Force (Guild). Once they become an Independent Faction they can have members from any race.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    Originally posted by Karteli

Part of the deal with the Seiges is one of the core endgame mechanics, Player Factions.

While not released yet, Korean players and media were reporting on what had been said in the past about them so far;

-Limited claim locations on the 3rd continent. 38 regions were mentioned.

-Once a single Expeditionary Force (Guild) claims 4 or more of those regions, they can declare themselves as an Independent Faction. And are no longer under Eastern/Western faction rules.

-Player guilds are limited at creation to only 1 factions members, ie. A Nuain could not join a Ferre/Hariharan Expeditionary Force (Guild). Once they become an Independent Faction they can have members from any race.

No doubt it will be nice.  Bigger siege battles get logistically harder to manage and harder to fill.  Having a guild attendence failure in a large scale "lopsided" fight might mean an inevitable failure.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Deserves more hype than the spiritual successor to one of the best MMOs ever made? No.

This discussion has been closed.