Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan rumors

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

seen on massively

Rumor: Titan a time-traveling, earthbound MMO

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/02/rumor-titan-a-time-traveling-earthbound-mmo/

big into historical mythology (including Greek, Roman, and Viking myths), and involves "a lot" of time travel. The leaks says that Titan will play from a third-person view, has a new game engine, could also be headed to consoles, and has a strong e-sports emphasis. The leak purports that over 150 developers are working on Titan, including Jay Wilson. Apparently we'll be seeing a teaser of Titan at BlizzCon before it goes into friends and family testing in early 2014

Source: Project Titan

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
     Just two words' 'time travelling' made me wet with excitement.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    yeah but since blizzard is making not so good things since W3 I don't belive I will even notice it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Time travel - sound interesting not something many games explore.

3rd person - yeah like that, mean's it should be action based.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Too bad such an interesting concept wasted on something that is doomed to be so mediocre.

Blizzard is not known for their innovation or quality games really.

On top of that, it'll be on consoles, and MOBA styled? Bleck.

Originally posted by DavisFlight

Too bad such an interesting concept wasted on something that is doomed to be so mediocre.

When WOW first came it was innovative..quality is a trademark of Blizzard. So yeah i disagree with every single word you said.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

E-SPORTS!!!! YAY!!! HOORAY!!!

not....

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

When WOW first came it was innovative..quality is a trademark of Blizzard. So yeah i disagree with every single word you said.

nothing inovative, if you played otehr games, skill spam, gear requirement, yeah nothing new just copy and paste, only thing you can say is wow bring a lot more people tehn otehr games, anything else, is wishifull thinking

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Oh E-Sports, another title I will not be interested in. When I hear e-sports I throw up in my mouth a little.

lmfao, innovative? There wasn't a single thing in vanilla WoW, or present day WoW, that was done by WoW first. Each and every one of its features was done by one, or more than one MMO before it, and usually done in a much better way.

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Wow was a right game at right time game, I doubt Titan will amount to anymore than every AAA mmo coming out now, the more hype attached to it the further it has to fall. A complete overhaul of wow (graphics improvements) would probably achieve better results.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

Seeing Jay Wilson involved makes me not want to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Seems Blizzard is making an alternate MMO to WoW instead of outright replacing it.  Looks like WoW is still going to be around for a while unless they just suddenly cease development for it.  I can't see that happening if it's still profitable though.  Kinda like how FFXI has been around over 10 years now and is still P2P and just released a new expansion.

• fumoffu1fumoffu1 Member Posts: 32
    im actually quite hyped if they really wanna go all the way with e-sport!
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

Yeah right.... That's why there were 12 million people playing it at one point..... Because it wasn't quality....... If there is one thing Blizzard is known for, it is that they normally release a quality product. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Love that people have already deemed the game a failure based on this leak.  It really doesn't matter what blizzard do - the MMORPG.com crowed will never come out of their bunkers until the big bad Blizzard fails... well it aint happened yet, stay in your Bunkers for another two years if you like.

The only issue I have is with tabbed targeting, but we cannot really judge that until we see gameplay can we?

Originally posted by stevebombsquad

Yeah right.... That's why there were 12 million people playing it at one point..... Because it wasn't quality....... If there is one thing Blizzard is known for, it is that they normally release a quality product. 

There were never 12 million subs. That was an overinflated number using the internet cafe pay by hour China numbers.

And yes, great marketing, timing, and pop culture pressence can promise that something gets a lot of attention, even if it isn't quality. If sub numbers are the only way you can defend a game, then it really must not be anything special.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

if Titan does come to consoles - likely a PS3/4 exclusive

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/20/blizzard-announces-partnership-with-sony.aspx

Chris Metzen took the stage to announce that the developer is getting back into console game development thanks to a new partnership with Sony.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I humbly disagree with you good sir. I feel that your claim that Blizzard is not known for their quality games is incorrect. It has been my experience that the opposite is true.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Oh E-Sports, another title I will not be interested in. When I hear e-sports I throw up in my mouth a little.

Yea, I have to agree. I dont care who makes the game.

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    Sure this wasn't accidently released on April 2nd instead of 1st...

lmfao, innovative? There wasn't a single thing in vanilla WoW, or present day WoW, that was done by WoW first. Each and every one of its features was done by one, or more than one MMO before it, and usually done in a much better way.

How many themepark MMOS you  know  8 to 9 years back that came before WOW and did 'everything' that WOW did? like you told me in other thread. I am not going to do your homework for you. Vanilla WOW had a lot of unique things about it.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

How many themepark MMOS you  know  8 to 9 years back that came before WOW and did 'everything' that WOW did? like you told me in other thread. I am not going to do your homework for you. Vanilla WOW had a lot of unique things about it.

Name one. I dare you. Everything you say, I will tell you which MMO had it before WoW.

Which MMO did everything vanilla WoW did? EverQuest and Dark Age of Camelot for starters. Hell, they did a lot more. WoW STILL hasn't done most of the things EQ or DAoC did. It doesn't even have housing yet.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

The only thing WoW did that one that really isn't innovative is the casual player focus.  WoW never introduced a new concpet that was innovative.  While they did great raids and a good/great MMO (in its peak at least) it was never anything I'd say innovative, polished yes but innovative no.  They introduced no new mechanics like other MMOs have but a rehash of old and proven mechanics.

Their dungeon finder and queue system is the closest thing to innovation but I consider em a track down that hurts MMOs more.  At least from a social aspect.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Name one. I dare you. Everything you say, I will tell you which MMO had it before WoW.

Which MMO did everything vanilla WoW did? EverQuest and Dark Age of Camelot for starters. Hell, they did a lot more. WoW STILL hasn't done most of the things EQ or DAoC did. It doesn't even have housing yet.

I'll tell you what WoW did first: They brought 10's of millions of people to the genre. Which one of your old-school mmo's did that...and charged a sub?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Psychow

I'll tell you what WoW did first: They brought 10's of millions of people to the genre. Which one of your old-school mmo's did that...and charged a sub?

Lineage never had WOWs #s

but it used to the biggest multi million sub mmo w a peak of 3 million active subs

back then, even WOW took over a  full year before it hit 5 million

http://www.totalvideogames.com/World-of-Warcraft/news/WoW-Passes-5-Million-8612.html

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by fumoffu1
    im actually quite hyped if they really wanna go all the way with e-sport!

Nothing wrong with e-sports, but it should be kept far away from MMO's. It simply doesn't... Blend.