Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan new leak

TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally, I thought that project Titan was canceled two years ago. I'm absolutely happy that I was wrong. According to the  leak there will be a teaser at BlizzCon. And here is a copy and paste from the article.

Leak Validity
It's always hard to be sure about something like this, but I'm extremely confident about this one. The source is someone with firsthand info that I've personally talked with extensively and has provided solid info (names, photos, detailed description as to how and why he knows what he knows) to validate him/her self. There is always the chance that it's someone playing a silly prank, but this one would be a very elaborate one. I'm giving it a 95% chance to be true.

As always, what I'll report here are his/ hers conclusions of what (s)he's seen, so this can always deviate a bit from the truth, but not because of wrong intentions from either of us. Also, please don't draw any definitive conclusions about the game from this. It's a very rough sketch that might not even be entirely accurate. Disclaimers aside, let's get into the juicy stuff!

Game Universe

• It's based on Earth's history, but also includes a high amount of fiction. It will have a "deep history", just as Warcraft and Starcraft.
  • They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another. 
  • When it comes to weapons, we'll have almost everything at our disposal, from magic to guns.
  • Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths.
  • They've invited some established writers (Robert A. Knaak for example) to help with the storyline.

Game-play

• It's an MMORPG. We'll play from a 3rd person view, but there will also be a first person view during "events". No extra clarification as to the nature of these events could be given.
  • TAB targeting in combat.
  • It will benefit from a completely new game engine. 
  • Graphics will be in the established "Blizzard style".
  • Primarily a PC game, but next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3.
  • It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.
  • There will be "clan" housing. No details on player-housing.
  • Last but not least, the game will have an Auction House. Nothing conclusive about a Real-Money Auction House but it is possible. As an extra tidbit, Blizzard was also considering introducing a RMAH into WoW at one point, but apparently not anymore.

Miscellaneous

• Speaking of inside transfers, Jay Wilson is on the Titan team. Please don't go overboard with this. ^^
  • English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish localization now. More will come during beta.
  • They were considering implementing easy in-game recording at one point, unsure of the state of this at the moment.
  • BLIZZCON 2013 - Titan Teaser, details on expansions for all other major franchises (SC2, D3, WoW). There will be other small Titan teasers at the event but nothing major. They don't want to show any game-play until they have a solid date for beta.
  • Speaking of which, current plan is to open Family & Friends testing (Alpha stage basically) in Q1 2014.
  • The game has a name already that has been changed multiple times over the course of the development process. Unknown unfortunately.  :(
  • They're going full-out when it comes to the soundtrack. Each zone will have its own song, and the songs will vary vastly in type, rhythm. We've reported before that Jason Hayes has returned to Blizzard, so this is definitely not surprising.

That's about it. There are no mind blowing statements here, but I think the chances are very high that for the first time since we found out about Project Titan, we have a solid starting platform on which we can base our expectations and speculation.

Maybe even more than usual, I'm extremely curious to hear what you think about this! :)

original article: http://titanfocus.info/_/news/project-titan-info-leak-esports-jay-wilson-blizzcon-2013-and-more-r65

Comments

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Sounds promissing.
  • codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47

Okay promising in a storywise and prolly in everything else except...

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

Sick and tired of this old shitty combat system. We're in year 2013 already, so please forget that tab tapping.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    if its too wow  it will tank and seeing how long this have been in development i'd say they will be in trouble by the time this finally launches...

so say we all

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by codifier

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

Sick and tired of this old shitty combat system. We're in year 2013 already, so please forget that tab tapping.

Tab target combat will never go away. A lot of players enjoy it. Unless some MMo make true action combat such a smash hit that no MMOw would ever be without it well that is another scanrio which will never happen.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Thank goodness it will have Tab Targeting. The other options that several other games have tried are complete garbage.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

Yea and action comat is succesful.  Not!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Blizzard needs to have spent more than $300 million if they want to compete with SWTOR.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by danwest58

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

Yeah, and WoW clones are successful. Not!

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Not really fair to say action combat isn't successful. The only game that does it well is TERA, and it failed for every other reason BUT combat. I'd love to see a game done right with TERA's combat, for sure.

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

You mean like TERA?

Tabbing in MMORPG combat isn't he game mechanic that makes PvP/PvE combat largely dull & fustrating.  It's all the other stuff....

Combat isn't exciting because there is nothing to lose.

Combat isn't balanced because there is some notion that there has to be 10 different pre-defined classes, with 6 different stats, and an infinite amount of stat modifiers (stat based gear as the main progression mechanisim)....which make it darn near impossible to be fair, equitable & competitive for each.

Combat isn't hard because (generally speaking) PvP & PvE encounters generate difficulty by just increasing health / mana pools, instead of requiring players to be more situationally aware, and able to counter attacks.

The act of targeting the next person via a Tab button, vs having to point your character in the direction of a hit box isn't the culprit here.

• fumoffu1fumoffu1 Member Posts: 32

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

u know NOTHING about the gameplay.

/Goodbye

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    I'll wait for more info, videos and screenshots before getting my panties in a bunch. And who knows how far away from launch it is. It's definitely not this year.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Thank goodness it will have Tab Targeting. The other options that several other games have tried are complete garbage.

tab targeting belongs into a museum.

at least make it optional and call it what it really is, "auto aim"

It's for people who can't operate a mouse. Play a shooter with optional auto-aim like GTA 

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Well, I was intrigued when I started reading about a game taking place during Earth's history involving time travel, then I thought this must be an April Fool's joke.   

If the game looks like WoW then I would have a hard time with it.  I just hate that WoW cartoon look, which I suppose so many love.  I understand I am in the minority here.   I do prefer tab targeting.  I  really dont like the action style of combat.  Tera was referenced and I consider that combat just horrible.  I get almost dizzy with that crosshair jumping around when I am fighting.  I wonder if it is the younger crowd that prefers this more action/twitchy combat over the tab targeting.   I really hope we don't see much more of that Tera style combat.   I was reading some forum post, not sure if it was even here, where people were saying they were getting sick playing Tera combat.   

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

The reason "WoW clones" are experiencing diminishing returns with the MMO audience is not because of the targeting system.....but all the other crap.  See my previous post.

Outside of those points I mentioned....folks are tired of chasing gear through a series of "kill 10 of these" quests that require very little skill, coordination, or socializing. 

The reason games like Rift, Warhammer, Aion, SWTOR, etc. experience a HUGE spike at launch, then a massive dive after is because people are desperate for something new, but find out very quickly that they are running on the same leveling treadmill, and jumping through the same hoops to get gear, despite the new player models & names of classes.

The novelty of the new game wears off around the 4 week mark for many, and the fatigue from the previous game kicks in....because it's the same game experience.

Again....it's not just the "next target" method.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by leaky

Originally, I thought that project Titan was canceled two years ago.

What made you think this?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    SOOO They're almost making The Secret World again...
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

Don't forget the fact that those who don't want tab targetting want ridiculously large hit boxes.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

lol, so tab targeting = WoW clone  now?

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

shouldn't we talk about the original here, and not any random clones? :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Fluxii
    SOOO They're almost making The Secret World again...

You come to that conclusion just because its premise is earth with magic and guns?

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by RajCaj

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

The reason "WoW clones" are experiencing diminishing returns with the MMO audience is not because of the targeting system.....but all the other crap.  See my previous post.

Outside of those points I mentioned....folks are tired of chasing gear through a series of "kill 10 of these" quests that require very little skill, coordination, or socializing. 

The reason games like Rift, Warhammer, Aion, SWTOR, etc. experience a HUGE spike at launch, then a massive dive after is because people are desperate for something new, but find out very quickly that they are running on the same leveling treadmill, and jumping through the same hoops to get gear, despite the new player models & names of classes.

The novelty of the new game wears off around the 4 week mark for many, and the fatigue from the previous game kicks in....because it's the same game experience.

Again....it's not just the "next target" method.

Maybe not for you, but tab-target combat is definitely one of the biggest problems for me.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • SuperPanekiSuperPaneki Member Posts: 62
    I vouch for it being an EPIC FAKE. The most amazing FAKE I've seen in days since the last one. But thanks for sharing and for hoping about knowing something true about the game that will make me buy a new computer. xD
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Time travel, historical era jumper?  So much for a large connected world.

Sounds to me like: Adventure A -> jump -> Adventure B -> jump -> Adventure C.

I'd guess that back jumping isn't provided for, and the personal storyline is linear following the jumps.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

I have one major hope for Titan. It goes F2P with a sub model.

Nickel and dime all the F2P while keeping a sub model. Keep the F2P gated. Keep them set aside from the sub in a distinct way such as less exp leveling or something else. Give the sub model some distinct advantage.

This will be great for the entire genre.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog