Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter project is live! Pledge now!

12346»

Comments

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Sooo upset. I had money all set aside and one freaking day before the KS funded I got a debilitating tooth infection (no dental insurance) that really depleted my funding cache. Still gonna fund at LEAST 110 or 120 (hopefully more) but I wanted to do it on day one :(

Oh well, I have a whole month :)
  • HairyzacHairyzac Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by botrytis

Kickstarter is like Penny Stocks - these companies cannot really get the big money people interested so they go this way. May as well burn it - that is how many of these Kickstarter/Penny Stock companies actually make it. Many try to use the Kickstarter money to get the Real Investors to cough up money also.

The amount of money raised from a Kickstarter campaign will only cover a very small portion of development.

This statement just goes to show you know nothing about this Kickstarter.  Why you are in here talking out of your @sshole I really don't know.  You must not have anything else better to do with your time.  While you're here, I'll explain to you what I can.

For $250 I got a lifetime sub and the ability to be able to shape this game along with MANY other cool rewards.  It will pay itself back 1-2 years after launch.  Maybe sooner.

We are paying for this game to be made.  Why?  Because there is no big company to ruin it like EA.  When the KS funds, we will be able to make a game we have all wanted for a very long time.  We get to be a part of its creation.  The game is being made for a niche market, and we are that niche (which you aren't).

If you knew anything about the money being invested in this game, you would know that as soon as the KS funds, $2m from Mark Jacobs and 1$ from other investoers is added to make it $5m.  This was stated to us months ago along with the fact the game only need that $5m to launch.  Remember this game is purely based on RvR.  So not having to develop PvE content constantly, let alone at all really, frees up a high percentage of funds.  Also once this funds, even more investors will start hopping on board as they know the interest is there like we already do.

So please, next time you want to hate on some people for no reason while being clueless about the entire topic you choose to speak of, just bring it to some other gaming forum.  Thanks.

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by PerfArt
    Sooo upset. I had money all set aside and one freaking day before the KS funded I got a debilitating tooth infection (no dental insurance) that really depleted my funding cache. Still gonna fund at LEAST 110 or 120 (hopefully more) but I wanted to do it on day one :(

As long as you know the funds are coming, you can pledge whatever you want now; your credit card will not be charged unless the game funds on May 2.

Anyway, don't put yourself into debt, but if you know you will have the money and want to secure one of the more limited tiers, it would be a good idea.

Oh, and don't mess around with tooth infections - some who ignore it end up having it spread to their BRAIN. Ugh.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

Totally thought of the Jerry Lewis telethon when I saw the thread title.

All you need is a million people to pledge a dollar.  It's hard to get that kind of unity in anything these days it seems though.  If everyone in the world gave a dollar to some fund or another the world would be in a much better place.

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Finally I could get rid of my cash! Hope the game will turn out great!

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

That sucks dude. Oh well, at least your teeth are fine now and you still have a month for the kickstarter to end.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    @Sornin: that's what I hear. Also why I am paranoid. I am already brain-damaged enough lol.

That said, I operate sans-bank, so whenever I do something like this, I do it through a pre-paid card. I know it's ghetto, but I am just killing time till the zombie apocalypse. JK. Kinda.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    @Sornin: that's what I hear. Also why I am paranoid. I am already brain-damaged enough lol.

That said, I operate sans-bank, so whenever I do something like this, I do it through a pre-paid card. I know it's ghetto, but I am just killing time till the zombie apocalypse. JK. Kinda.

Like you said earlier..you can always sell your kidney. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Ill pass, and just wait to see if this project ever sees the light of day , and after being in the Warhammer beta and watching MJ and his team lie ,backpeddle trip over there own tounges , deceive ,and just $^&* all over the community , he doesnt deserve to be funded....
  • EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Thank you to all the concern trolls who are so deeply affected by how I spend my cash. Since I am obviously too stupid or gullible to manage my own money and it causes you pain to see me go without, all donations to my bank account will be graciously accepted.

Until then, are there any updates on funding? I got stuck on a poorly timed business trip so will be in the later waves of donators... either tonight or tomorrow am myself.
  • HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by Edany
    Thank you to all the concern trolls who are so deeply affected by how I spend my cash. Since I am obviously too stupid or gullible to manage my own money and it causes you pain to see me go without, all donations to my bank account will be graciously accepted. Until then, are there any updates on funding? I got stuck on a poorly timed business trip so will be in the later waves of donators... either tonight or tomorrow am myself.
    $435,518
  • OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Thank you to all the concern trolls who are so deeply affected by now I spend my cash. Since I am obviously too stupid or gullible to manage my own money and it causes you pain to see me go without, all donations to my bank account will be graciously accepted. Until then, are there any updates on funding? I got stuck on a poorly timed business trip so will be in the later waves of donators... either tonight or tomorrow am myself.

Hi Edany, we're at $435,000 at 5 hours in. Mark's going to be doing an interview on Gamebreaker TV relatively soon. hope to hear more updates from him then!

• EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Thanks guys, you rock!! Back to the courtroom for me. I'll check in later tonight. :)
  • ZiftylrhavicZiftylrhavic Member Posts: 222

Over 2500 backers for $435k for the moment. Not that far from the 25%^^

That means almost 25% in a fourth of a day (5 hour only right now, maybe we will have the 25% after 6 hours? :). Can we hope for 100% in 1 day ? :D

I would be surprised if that's the case, but let's there be hope :)

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95

Went for the $250 Warrior Forever. Game on.

Hope they reach 2M in 30 days. This is a good start, but still a long way to go :)

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Kind of odd the highest tier hasn't sold any yet.  I just wonder if they didn't make the rewards good enough. As the $5000 tier has sold some.  Saying in general not trying to make anything out of it other than face value.  "Are the rewards a bit soft the the top tier."  As I am sure there are people out there who would of already put enough money in for that tier already. I have little doubt it will sell out just odd no ones jumped on it already.
  • MaricMaric Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Mark Jacobs will need to put my kids through school. After my pledge I can no longer afford to do so myself.
  • Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156
    Thanks guys, you rock!! Back to the courtroom for me. I'll check in later tonight. :)

Have fun kicking asses Edany :-)

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

It looks like the inns and islands are well on their way to selling out. Both have nearly sold half the available stock; I would imagine these will sell out well before the end of the Kickstarter campaign.

I am a little surprised no one has pledged the $10,000 for the top tier yet. Well, correction: no one has taken that tier, they could have pledged more as you get a choice of any tier up to the highest one you qualify for.

Usually there are one or two superfans with enough enthusiasm and money to want to meet the creators, visit the studio, etc. We will see if such people emerge in the coming days. I mean, you get to throw pies at Mark! It is taped, too! Pretty neat thing to do. :)

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    There is now a sticky for discussing the progress on the kickstarter which you can find here:  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/381204/Camelot-Unchained-Kickstarter-Progress-Discussion.html
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.