Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter project is live! Pledge now!

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Put in $25..figured why not..:p

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

DAoC was a great game but it was also made a decade ago. This does not make Mark Jacobs revelant in 2013, just look at Brad McQuaid. Warhammer Online was one of the most uninspired crapshoots to ever hit the market and that's all he has to show for himself since DAoC, again just like Brad McQuaid with Vanguard.

My advice is to stop being little gamer drones and wait for a solid game BEFORE you support it. This should be common sense.......I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

DAoC was a great game but it was also made a decade ago. This does not make Mark Jacobs revelant in 2013, just look at Brad McQuaid. Warhammer Online was one of the most uninspired crapshoots to ever hit the market and that's all he has to show for himself since DAoC, again just like Brad McQuaid with Vanguard.

My advice is to stop being little gamer drones and wait for a solid game BEFORE you support it. This should be common sense.......I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

Why do you care what other people do with their money?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159
    Not 1 guild tier has been purchased yet.  Mark called it...

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Tayah

Just ignore him, he is negative on most of his form posts other than WoW.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264

Mark has all sorts of trolls who follow him around. Not sure if this is one or just drifting in from other parts of MMORPG.

Either way, once the EA deal started I think it's safe to say Mark was far, far away from WAR. EA Mythic and that project got so big - some art work was even being done by shanghai and other studios - that the left hand didn't know what the right was doing.

And put that many devs who never played DAOC, who's first MMO was WoW or whatever - uh oh. (I believe they picked up some vanguard staff too, and....well I'll stop now)

Suffice to say it was a house of cards. And now we've all seen how that goes.

• jbgunzjbgunz Member UncommonPosts: 27
    So let me get this straight....you people are dropping money into a game you know nothing about.....wasint this "Millionaire" on warhammer as well? yikes
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Searias

Just ignore him, he is negative on most of his form posts other than WoW.

Gotcha, just another troll. I'll block and move on then :) Bad me, I fed it once, lol.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

A little poorly worded (as in, a bit rude) but I agree. There's no telling how long it will take before this is finished, or how it will turn out.

I think it's just a sign of the times though. People (MMO gamers) are willing to throw their money at anything that shows a glimmer of potential.

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by jbgunz
    So let me get this straight....you people are dropping money into a game you know nothing about.....wasint this "Millionaire" on warhammer as well? yikes

Yep, that pretty much sums it up! Least someone around here gets it  *GRINS*

• SaevelSaevel Member UncommonPosts: 102

While I understand where you're coming from (the faaar other side of the spectrum, compared to most of us here), your attitude makes as little sense as the ones of the most fanatical of us. They want to pour all their money into a project they believe in. What do you want? This project not to be funded at all because it's "not a solid game yet"?

As far as I'm concerned, there are 3 reasons why I'm helping fund this. DAoC was fantastic at it's peak, and meant a lot to me. That's maybe 40% of the reason. Nostalgia. Not very logical. 40% more are because this is a unique concept for an MMORPG, and one that I've been wanting to see for over 10 years. It's a unique opportunity. The last 20% are because I truly believe this game will be great. In other words, this is not only blind faith. It's most of all gratitude and belief in a concept. Your logic does not apply to my reasons. I have some money to spare, I choose to invest in this. It's not an investment that will give me back my money, but they might give me experiences that makes it worth it.

I like how you guys just insult me with the power of fanboism but don't have any refutals for my argument. The fact is, almost every developer of an old successful MMO that tried to make a comeback fell flat on their face.

Mark already did with Warhammer and yet you still campaign for a blind money throwing contest?? And I dedicated an entire post to how bad WoW is so not sure where you're going with that.

• Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Wazluk
    Not 1 guild tier has been purchased yet.  Mark called it...

Lets get my suggestions here polished and live and you will see some guild efforts, thats for sure :-)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/381058/Highend-Guild-Tier-Suggestion.html

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• AeodoAeodo Member Posts: 61

Being stuck at 13% is not good.

Yes, I'm superstitious.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    You silly kids throwing away your money.
  • belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264

I like how you guys just insult me with the power of fanboism but don't have any refutals for my argument. The fact is, almost every developer of an old successful MMO that tried to make a comeback fell flat on their face.

Mark already did with Warhammer and yet you still campaign for a blind money throwing contest?? And I dedicated an entire post to how bad WoW is so not sure where you're going with that.

Please see my post about warhammer. Mark was an officer of a public company at that point. Other than being on camera for some of the videos he may not even have known what was going on. It sounds like Hickman ran a snowjob.

If my post wasn't enough and If you'd like a private conversation about some of the ways I think WAR went wrong(that have nothing to do with anyone specific, for the most part), feel free to PM me. Otherwise, take a hike.

• BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Yay, got my $110 Young Hero pledge in!  Wanted to do more but my sphynx rescue charities are extra needy this month.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    It's kind of cool just watching the page and watching the numbers go up.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Corinthian-XCorinthian-X Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

A little poorly worded (as in, a bit rude) but I agree. There's no telling how long it will take before this is finished, or how it will turn out.

I think it's just a sign of the times though. People (MMO gamers) are willing to throw their money at anything that shows a glimmer of potential.

It's definitely a reflection of the current MMO landscape. We are starved for a good game and are willing to help fund it ourselves as long as it gets made.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Estimated release is December of 2015? Geeze that's a while away.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Over $250,000 within the first hour. Damn, I'd say that's a good start!
  • akleyakley Member Posts: 17
    I'm not surprised the 110 and 250 tiers are most popular.
    Originally posted by belatucadros

Please see my post about warhammer. Mark was an officer of a public company at that point. Other than being on camera for some of the videos he may not even have known what was going on. It sounds like Hickman ran a snowjob.

If my post wasn't enough and If you'd like a private conversation about some of the ways I think WAR went wrong(that have nothing to do with anyone specific, for the most part), feel free to PM me. Otherwise, take a hike.

So your argument is "I think he didn't have much to do with the game?" i was in Warhammer beta and i can tell you firsthand Mark Jacobs was very involved with WAR, usually on a daily basis. Don't let wishful thinking fool you, Warhammer was a fully Mark Jacobs game and it was bad.......very bad. But feel free to buy a car before you testdrive it. Works out well in real life.

• falcaogjfalcaogj Member UncommonPosts: 7
    ~$180 keep it up :)

AC - Harvestgain
    DAOC - Mordred
    WoW - Burning Blade
    EQ2 - Nagafen
    WAR - Dark Crag
    AION - Castor
    RIFT - Whitefall
    SWTOR - TOFN
    GW2 - Desolation

And practically all others to some degree

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    While I do not intend to ever kickstart something I have no interest in, I applaud those who like it to do so.  Just wonder how many people here who gave to a game not even in development called out those of us who bought founders packs for other games (such as Neverwinter).

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

This discussion has been closed.