Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internal Testers checking in!

NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100

For those who purchased a tier specifically to contribute and test the game pre-alpha, check in!

Lets get a rolling list going and start getting acquainted. I'm sure we'll all be working together here soon enough. :)

Also, if anyone has done internal testing before... What was your experience like? I think it would be quite helpful to share, for those that have never been invovled in such a process, to know what they're getting into. :)

List:

:edit:

Removed the list due to possible NDA restrictions. Just covering my bases here.

:big edit as of April 18th:

We have sinced merged the Enjin.com forum with Simply-Gaming.com to consolidate our efforts. But you can find expect to find...

• FAQ
  • Videos
  • Kickstarter Updates
  • Interview-List
  • News
  • Concept Art
  • Chasing Mark
  • Foundational Principles
  • Forums

Almost everything you might be looking for, in regards to Camelot Unchained :)

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/en/

The alternate German Site is currently undergoing a major revamp as well and should be online during the weekend at the latest.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

Comments

• AdeptusArbitratorAdeptusArbitrator Member Posts: 35
    Red Seven, standing by!

camelot-rp.enjin.com - A hub for roleplayers in Camelot Unchained!

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Well, my tier has Internal Testing, but I got it for that and other reasons. :)

• NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100

I'm sure some will buy the upper tiers for merely the other perks and not so much to test.

But I'll try to keep the list updated of those who plan on partcipating, at least until the official forums go up.

Figure this will at least give us a singular thread to discuss on, in the mean time.

• LawtoweenLawtoween Member UncommonPosts: 103

If I had the spare change, I would have gone with a higher tier that included IT, but I had to settle with the basic IT tier.  See you on the test server and the backer forums.

Lawt

• tleartlear Member Posts: 142
    CC got copied yesterday so my credit card company blocked it, can not pledge today :( hope some IT tier left for tomorrow
  • MC_LaggMasterMC_LaggMaster Member Posts: 36
    I bought the $180 IT tier. Wanted to go higher but have been burned on to many games recently.

Anyone else have any alpha testing experience? (It experience here.)
  • binskkibinskki Member CommonPosts: 153
    <waves>
  • SaevelSaevel Member UncommonPosts: 102

Check.

That's going to be a long list :)

• NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by Saevel

Check.

That's going to be a long list :)

Probably... but I 'm bored and this will at least give us a single thread to all post in.

Anyone done internal testing before? What was your experience like?

I was involved in internal testing back in a now defunct game, called Boundless Adventures back a few years ago. (circa 2005) Actually did skinning for weapons & armor as well. Also used to work professionally for a local Game Testing company.

Suffice to say, it was almost a full time job. Definitely nothing like beta or even alpha stages where there's an actual game to play, lol...

I think most my time was spent just trying to figure out why the game wouldn't even run and relaying pages of data back to the developers and programmers, haha.

Sadly, no actual IT experience here, but  before everyone does /eyeroll, I do have some things to offer which  (fingers crossed) might be useful:

<---able to be hyper-focused and detail-oriented, to a fault.

<---massive perfectionist streak - loves getting all the tiny details exactly right and understands the importance of doing so.  (Have done a lot of desktop publishing - ask anyone who's seen me obsess about a newsletter, hehe)

<---lucid, thorough communicator.

<---completely reliable followthrough on things I take responsibility for.

<---sense of humor.  (How, exactly, does anyone get through the day without one?) :)

<---deeply committed to making this game the best it can possibly be.

<---was married to a systems guy for 17 years, so no illusions about the level of tedium inherent in debugging - have a pretty good idea of the sort of thing that is involved.

<---decent visual artist - excellent eye for things that don't look the way they should.

<---loves to learn new things.

Irony alert:  Instead of going to art school, I wound up  taking an honors degree in British and Celtic Folklore and Mythology, back in the day.   Which might actually be useful in some sort of concrete way here.  Go figure.

Planning to be helpful in any way I can, anyhow.   :)

[edited because I forgot to put the art thing in]

• deadpool_25deadpool_25 Member Posts: 5

Checking in.

I've been lurking and tracking this game's progress a bit but just getting all set up on the various forums.

• DrakonalDrakonal Member Posts: 42

Checking in.

180.00 was a small price to pay to be able to help test, fix, shape Camelot Unchained.

I look forward to sniffing out bugs and writing reports about them!

-Drakonal

Drakonal of Lancelot/Kay
    Drakulaz of Mordred
    http://www.riskymilk.com/Kujii/Player_Base.wmv (classic guild video alb no cloth group)

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

Checking in also, and since it wasnt planned, super thrilled to do so.

No experience in beta testing really but lots of varied experience from many types of RPGs i can bring :

- Obviously played many tapletops RPG bak in teenage days (basic D&D, AD&D, Top Secret S.I. rolemasters, and a few others)

- with friends we created our own tabletop RPG system that worked very good

- played many RPGs on computer, started with Ultima I or II

- Played UO, been a GM on a private shard too. Organised events, added many things on the shard.

- played years of DAoC

- played a bit EQ, WoW and WAR, and other non interesting mmorpgs.

- participated actively on a vaporware forum 12 years ago (pre DAoC), and although it was vaporware, we, the community didnt know that, and many of us debated on many things with brilliant ideas, feedbacks etc.

- Also played, organised, created scenarios many years, created rules, skills, spells and everything that is needed in a LARP for years.

- One thing i love to do the most is bring ideas (sometimes good sometimes bad! but even the bad ones can lead to good ones from other people), try to think of solutions for existing problems etc.

Glad to be on board !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• deadpool_25deadpool_25 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Sornin
    Well, my tier has Internal Testing, but I got it for that and other reasons. :)

Well....this. :)

• TheConsequentTheConsequent Member Posts: 51

I'm in at IT, for now.

Tons of alpha/beta experience, too much to list, but the two I had the most fun with:

Vanguard (Scarlet Brotherhood)

CoH (Teamed up with Jack)

• MC_LaggMasterMC_LaggMaster Member Posts: 36
    I have been in a ton of betas but have only played 1 alpha so far which was swtor.

When ultima online got turned into a noob friendly game I started playing around with the runuo system. Runuo was a group of programmers that recoded everything so they could run a server that was not noob friendly. Started learning how to program as I created my own private server. Spent hours debugging my code. After I stopped programming I started getting on other peoples servers and finding all the bugs I could. I have always liked finding bugs that were so big it would crash the server. Want to see if I can find any of these on CU.
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Isn't this game just beginning development?  Some of you might want to find a hobby for the next couple years...

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    Plastic-Metal checking in.  My name is an oxymoron.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Isn't this game just beginning development?  Some of you might want to find a hobby for the next couple years...

Hobby: the backers' forums.

Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

Some metal is indeed plastic, where plastic is defined as "capable of being molded or of receiving form." :)

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plastic

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

Some metal is indeed plastic, where plastic is defined as "capable of being molded or of receiving form." :)

I'll be damned.  +1

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• analoguerogueanaloguerogue Member UncommonPosts: 4

Checking in as well!

Don't have any background in game testing, but software development/design is what I do for a living. Should be able to provide some decent feedback I hope.

I'll be damned.  +1

P-M, maybe your sig should read:   "My name is almost completely 100% an oxymoron."

or

"My name is an oxymoron...except when it's not."

That'll get 'em thinking, hehe.  I'd go for the second one...I think it might be a kind of an oxymoron all by itself.  :D

• TheConsequentTheConsequent Member Posts: 51
    Speaking of Backer's Forums, I hope MJ plans to have these set up and ready to go asap once the funding is successful. I know alot of us would really like to feel included in the celebration. Might make for some dissension as well if the hordes have to wait too long. Hopefully the ducks in a row are a good omen. :)

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

I am also in the $180 Internal Tester pledge. I also have an IT background  for software (Programming, Development, Administration, etc.), but have only done alpha/beta for a few games. WoW (Vanilla), WAR, and DAoC included.

Hopefully they'll have a structureed approach for the things they want us to test.