Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Torchlight 2: GUTS Game Editor Released

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,597MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Runic has announced that the GUTS game editor for Torchlight II has finally been released. GUTS is the same tool that the development team used to create Torchlight II and allows players to create their own levels, monsters, adventures and more.

GUTS is our in-house development tool. It lets you modify almost everything about Torchlight II, from item and skill balance, to level layouts, animations, quests, and much more. GUTS mods can be shared with your friends, and multiplayer games using mods can be found in the modded games lobby. In addition, A new launcher lets you customize which mods are currently active.

When playing modded games, you can view your mod history, any previously played mods, and the impact disabling mods may have on your character.

Read more on the Torchlight II site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi LONDONPosts: 661Member Uncommon
    AWESOMESAUCE!
  • adam_noxadam_nox hays, KSPosts: 2,035Member Uncommon
    It's too bad this wasn't out months ago.
  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

thats pretty awesome might pick this up now..

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Nice may reinstall this.. :)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon
    Finally..
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,207Member Uncommon

Hey, I sent that tip in lol.  Or I was at least one of the people who did. image

It patches right in the launcher and is about 175MB download.  It's their in house editing tool so if you're not used to that sort of thing it can be daunting.  There is a link on the GUTS page to a wiki that has tutorials.  Also they added a bunch of art assets.

This has to be one of the coolest games out there period.  These guys deserve a huge amount of credit for how much they patch and add content to a $20 game that has no cash shop.  Amazing.

• AuzyAuzy Dallas, TXPosts: 611Member
    "Finally" "It's too bad this wasn't out months ago." They literally make it so you can mod the entire game.  D3 still hasn't even done PvP which was promised quickly...uhh yeah.  Thats like complaining your handheld mini computer is going too slow as you fly through the air to Fiji.

Uhh... what?

• VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Auzy
    "Finally" "It's too bad this wasn't out months ago." They literally make it so you can mod the entire game.  D3 still hasn't even done PvP which was promised quickly...uhh yeah.  Thats like complaining your handheld mini computer is going too slow as you fly through the air to Fiji.

Wow, super fanboi, who just brought up D3? Er.. YOU!

No one else...

• LrdEtriusLrdEtrius PatrocPosts: 19Member Uncommon
    FINALLY!