Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Servers Are LIVE

2»

Comments

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by m3zm4riz3
    Originally posted by ConjureOne
    Originally posted by m3zm4riz3
    Uhhh try the invite only alpha from months ago, and not your crappy beta weekends of recent times.

Just have to love the MMORPG commentators who have no clue what they are talking about, but feel the urge to fing say something.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?12653-Patch-Error-quot-Account-is-not-entitled-to-play-Defiance-quot

Read -> think -> post

My post wasn't directed towards your or your conversation, so your reply is invalid lol.

Read -> think -> post.

yes some alpha invites went out a while ago, but the game had both an alpha and a beta running at the same time.  alpha was still open 24/7 untill just recently.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

I was glad to get into the Beta. So I saved myself the cash.

I guess it will be a fun game for a while for the Console gamers.

I just leave it at that.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by JeroKane

I just leave it at that.

Is it because your computer can't run it?  Or are you generalizing an entire group of gamers, some of whom also play games on PC, as being somehow less than PC purists?  It sounds really stupid to be honest.

Anyways, hope they get the restrictions lifted on those who aren't able to log in by the actual launch in a few hours.  I also hope those who can't download it on Steam right now realize they can take the CD keys on steam and apply to their Trion account to download and play.

Have fun everyone, and remember, calling millions of people idiots because they play on a console doesn't mean they are idiots, it means you are.  ;)

Originally posted by kadepsyson

I just leave it at that.

Is it because your computer can't run it?  Or are you generalizing an entire group of gamers, some of whom also play games on PC, as being somehow less than PC purists?  It sounds really stupid to be honest.

Anyways, hope they get the restrictions lifted on those who aren't able to log in by the actual launch in a few hours.  I also hope those who can't download it on Steam right now realize they can take the CD keys on steam and apply to their Trion account to download and play.

Have fun everyone, and remember, calling millions of people idiots because they play on a console doesn't mean they are idiots, it means you are.  ;)

I could run the game on Max settings easy on my G75VW. So it's not that.

This game, it's design ( 3 classes / 4 abilities ), the terrible UI is fully optimized for Console, but terrible for PC.

For example: Why is it so hard to implement the most natural feature of all time on the PC version > hit ESC - click EXIT to exit game?

I rest my case.

The game was clearly designed for the XBOX360 and PS3 and try to cash in on that platform, with the PC version just being an afterthought.

After the DC Universe debacle regarding PC version, Defiance PC user interface got to be the worst console port I've ever seen!

I just leave it at that.

This game, it's design ( 3 classes / 4 abilities ), the terrible UI is fully optimized for Console, but terrible for PC.

For example: Why is it so hard to implement the most natural feature of all time on the PC version > hit ESC - click EXIT to exit game?

I rest my case.

The game was clearly designed for the XBOX360 and PS3 and try to cash in on that platform, with the PC version just being an afterthought.

After the DC Universe debacle regarding PC version, Defiance PC user interface got to be the worst console port I've ever seen!

Yeah, having to press one extra key to exit the game sure is a sign of a terrible game.  I mean, it really must suck having to press escape, space, and clicking exit game or logout depending what you want to do.  The hardship, think of the children!

The game should run well on that though.  I run it well also, but at a six times higher resolution than you use.  So I believe it isn't your hardware.

What classes do you mean though?  I thought there were four 'background' type things you could pick that just gave your first outfit, starting gear, and description.  Any class can take any ability, right?

So is it because you have trouble finding how to exit that you think the game is only fun on console then?  Or because you wanted a completely different kind of game that is filled with hotbars, dozens of clickable abilities, actual classes, and a bunch of things that Defiance isn't meant to have and never really was aiming for?  There's plenty of other MMOs that do that already.  This one does what it intends to do, offers its own gameplay and is a lot of fun.  It might not be what you expected, but whose fault is that?

On an unrelated note - for those who bough the SEASON PASS on STEAM your key to enter on your defiance account page is now in the cd key section of your defiance entry in the steam library.  It just now became available if you have the season pass.  The tiered rewards key, pre order key, and retail key are also listed there depending on when you purchased etc.  Just a heads up so people can claim their bonuses in game quickly. and not worry about entering keys later on.

I just leave it at that.

I rest my case.

Yeah, having to press one extra key to exit the game sure is a sign of a terrible game.  I mean, it really must suck having to press escape, space, and clicking exit game or logout depending what you want to do.  The hardship, think of the children!

The game should run well on that though.  I run it well also, but at a six times higher resolution than you use.  So I believe it isn't your hardware.

What classes do you mean though?  I thought there were four 'background' type things you could pick that just gave your first outfit, starting gear, and description.  Any class can take any ability, right?

So is it because you have trouble finding how to exit that you think the game is only fun on console then?  Or because you wanted a completely different kind of game that is filled with hotbars, dozens of clickable abilities, actual classes, and a bunch of things that Defiance isn't meant to have and never really was aiming for?  There's plenty of other MMOs that do that already.  This one does what it intends to do, offers its own gameplay and is a lot of fun.  It might not be what you expected, but whose fault is that?

It's the User Interface experience as a whole that feels unintuitive and clunky.

It's a typical console optimized user interface that has been ported over to the PC version, without putting any effort into optimizing it further for PC.

I guess they just either ran out of time or just didn't bother at all, seeing they clearly trying to target the Console audience primary and PC being secondary.

As the PC User Interface has been heavily discussed during Beta and was completely ignored by Trion!

I just leave it at that.

I rest my case.

It's the User Interface experience as a whole that feels unintuitive and clunky.

It's a typical console optimized user interface that has been ported over to the PC version, without putting any effort into optimizing it further for PC.

I guess they just either ran out of time or just didn't bother at all, seeing they clearly trying to target the Console audience primary and PC being secondary.

As the PC User Interface has been heavily discussed during Beta and was completely ignored by Trion!

I think you're using the existance of a console version to justify your dislike, rather than any actual correlation.  Plenty of games have a terrible UI.  This one needs work.  It is far more of a PC oriented UI than Saints Row 2 was though, for example.  It seems like you're either grasping or nitpicking.  I can see areas where the UI could be improved, regardless of platform.

There really isn't much you have to say besides the UI is clunky to justify why your dislike for consoles makes this a bad game for you, is there?  Why not flesh out or back up your claims about how the PC version was secondary.

Pro tip - there were multiple beta phases for PC before any console beta, and then alpha as well.

I think you're using the existance of a console version to justify your dislike, rather than any actual correlation.  Plenty of games have a terrible UI.  This one needs work.  It is far more of a PC oriented UI than Saints Row 2 was though, for example.  It seems like you're either grasping or nitpicking.  I can see areas where the UI could be improved, regardless of platform.

There really isn't much you have to say besides the UI is clunky to justify why your dislike for consoles makes this a bad game for you, is there?  Why not flesh out or back up your claims about how the PC version was secondary.

Pro tip - there were multiple beta phases for PC before any console beta, and then alpha as well.

I do not dislike consoles as I already said I own the XBOX360 and play plenty of games on it.

So it wasn't really hard to see the User Interface being a quick port.

And the PC version is secondary, as people have complained about the PC UI since Alpha and TRION has flatout ignored all the complains and has done nothing to improve the PC UI.

So take it for what you will.  It's just my opinion.

The game is just a fancy Shooter with bland progression, hardly any customization... just has a persistent world. That's it.

It's not a MMO where you going to spend months of time in. That is for sure.

You have to play this game very casually or just focus on building EGO and PVP... or you will be burned out quickly.

• Monstre0auSMonstre0auS Member Posts: 46

Yeah... If I could have access to Defiance right now, that'd be great...

'Cept, I patched the game last night and felt like I'd be ready for launch day or (prayed for it) early access... Come home from work, open the Defiance launcher again and BAM! 9 hours of download!

Jeeeeezuz....

Originally posted by Monstre0auS

Yeah... If I could have access to Defiance right now, that'd be great...

'Cept, I patched the game last night and felt like I'd be ready for launch day or (prayed for it) early access... Come home from work, open the Defiance launcher again and BAM! 9 hours of download!

Jeeeeezuz....

Dang.  What speed is your Internet?  The download after last nights patch seemed very minimal to me, especially by comparison to the whole download earlier.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Restart your launcher. Mine started at .10 MBps.. then after restarting it jumped to 17.8 MPps...

Servers are not up anymore. I think they were up for just a few hours yesterday.

Originally posted by WolfClaws

Restart your launcher. Mine started at .10 MBps.. then after restarting it jumped to 17.8 MPps...

Servers are not up anymore. I think they were up for just a few hours yesterday.

They are up now, and have been for hours.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I tried to get into Defiance it’s a great concept but at the end of the day it's just not my sort of game. GL with the launch Trion!

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183
    I tried the closed beta... it was "ok" bug i wouldnt pay 60 bucks for it sorry. I will wait till it goes down to 20 since thats how much the game experience is worth in my book imho
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

Absolutely agree that the user interface is unintuitive and clunky.  But they were actually working on it extensively the last couple of weeks, and changes got made.   Used to, it took 6 or 7 clicks to leave the game.  Loadouts got easier to access, inventories easier to use (and got larger), etc.

I am picky about UIs and Defiance is not going to be getting many kind words from me about it's stellar behavior, but they were working on it.  I saw changes going in even into the last few days before launch.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Originally posted by dimasok
    I tried the closed beta... it was "ok" bug i wouldnt pay 60 bucks for it sorry. I will wait till it goes down to 20 since thats how much the game experience is worth in my book imho

I have to agree.  $20 or 25 maybe.  I don't expect that to happen til the first season run of the show is over though.  I think the PC price gets held hostage to the console prices til then.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

For the first time since I had to deal with Trion, I am actually quite mad at them.

Their patcher is screwed up beyond belief.  If you pause the download or get an error you have to re-download the entire patch from scratch, and with the fastest internet in my area being 1.5 Mbps (meaning about 170-180 KB/s download speeds) the first patch I was downloading had a time of 17 hours.  Mine had to have a patching error at about 3 hours left.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by nickster29

For the first time since I had to deal with Trion, I am actually quite mad at them.

Their patcher is screwed up beyond belief.  If you pause the download or get an error you have to re-download the entire patch from scratch, and with the fastest internet in my area being 1.5 Mbps (meaning about 170-180 KB/s download speeds) the first patch I was downloading had a time of 17 hours.  Mine had to have a patching error at about 3 hours left.

There is a work around for it. if it happens again make sure to not close to patcher that gives you error..do not click anything not even the white box over your patcher.

Click defiance shortcut on your desktop and it will check files and resume. Let the patcher with error as it is in background. For now this is the only work around but it won't work if say your pc restarts lol.

Frankly this is one of the worst patchers i have come across in years of playing MMO.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

There is a work around for it. if it happens again make sure to not close to patcher that gives you error..do not click anything not even the white box over your patcher.

Click defiance shortcut on your desktop and it will check files and resume. Let the patcher with error as it is in background. For now this is the only work around but it won't work if say your pc restarts lol.

Frankly this is one of the worst patchers i have come across in years of playing MMO.

Tried this and it didn't work, that is why I am upset.

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Tried this and it didn't work, that is why I am upset.

Use the torrent..it will be slower but atleast you won't have to download everything again and again. 

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?13367-Torrent-of-latest-Defiance-for-those-with-slow-download

Just remember to seed once u done for rest of us ;)

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

After beta 3 gameplay i was skeptical about their bug issues- later in the week an email was sent out to thank me for participating on the beta 3 from trion and that the issues i spoke of on the survvey were fixed -and that i had been playing the first impression beta (from session 1 & 2).

last night to my surprise the servers were up -i logged in and the game was running as smooth and felt clean not clunky. the ark falls were awsome no lag issues! and the missions were seemless-gone were the falling through walls and terrain!- i had done the mission i had fallen beta victim to and lord and behold- i did it in one take!=game is awsome!

will be playing this game for a while!-already bought season pass for the show and  will buy the season pass for the game expacs!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by Deeter

Would have been nice to have a real open beta since they barely advertised the beta weekends they apparently had.

Will try this game out when it's $10 in a couple months.

I'll wait 6 months and just play for free......

Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by Deeter

Would have been nice to have a real open beta since they barely advertised the beta weekends they apparently had.

Will try this game out when it's $10 in a couple months.

I'll wait 6 months and just play for free......

Its a B2P game the box price will always be there. Yes it will get cheaper but why the hell would they start giving out the client for free? P2P MMOS go free. B2P games are designed to stay B2P. Atleast, learn the difference between B2P and F2P first.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Have been looking on internet but unable to find unequivocable info if it is possible to move avatar with mouse buttons like in normal mmo games. I mean pressing both buttons to move.