Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Buy?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
is worth buy  this game?

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Yes..but i would suggest wait for few days. launch is a little shaky and if you are not extremely patient you will just end up being frustrated.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I had no troubles.

Buy it on disc though, since it doesn't support your download to pause, and no resume.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Decided to pass on this one after playing beta and alpha. Not what I expected and I doubt it would hold my interest past a month or so.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    I had enough fun in the beta to pre-order. My opinion, it's well worth the money, especially with no subscription or pay-to-win in the cash shop.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• potacopotaco Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I had no troubles.

Buy it on disc though, since it doesn't support your download to pause, and no resume.

The PC version definitely does :)

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by davc123
    is worth buy  this game?

Yes, it's worth. And on g2play you can buy with good discounts.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by potaco
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I had no troubles.

The PC version definitely does :)

It is the PC version I am talking about.

You are the first I see that claims it is possible to do this during the PC version.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

launch weeks for any online game often have issues

if you are an enthusiast - buy it

if you are easily annoyed w connection issues - wait a week

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Nadia

launch weeks for any online game often have issues

if you are an enthusiast - buy it

if you are easily annoyed w connection issues - wait a week

^ This, the games fun but there is a chance you will run into issues since it is launch week. My only real issues so far have been with my pre-order items :P but thats been sorted out so I'm gtg. 

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Im having a blast in this game. Yes it is worth buying.

• crescens87crescens87 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    worth it, no problems with the launch so far. Just plain fun game
  • Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    So has anyone seen this played on all the systems at once? which one seems to be the better? CPU or console for now?

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by davc123
    is worth buy  this game?

I've played beta. Its the most crap game I ever seen.(All those new mmos are made just to milk money out, the time when Ultima Online ruled are over imho) The fact you can choose from 4 class like sniper and other shit which doesn't matter in any way ,because everyone will end with a rocket launcher in pvp. So yeah, pathetic crap ever.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Just wait for the box price to go down and other players feedback in a month or two.

You cannot really trust most of these posters here.

Wait and see first is the best policy if you are not sure.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    is this a one server game, across all 3 platarforms ?
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Bruise187
    So has anyone seen this played on all the systems at once? which one seems to be the better? CPU or console for now?

From everywhere iv seen, it certainly looks better and runs smoother on PC, but it seems to control better on the consoles, as that is what the UI was designed for (like DCUO).

As for which consol? It looks the same on both xbox and PS3, but seeing as how there are more xboxes in the west, I would imagine it would have the larger playerbase.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Elandir90
    is this a one server game, across all 3 platarforms ?

No.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I'd say skip defiance myself, Save yoru cash for another game, or wait for defiance to be cheaper. I wouldn't reccomend paying full price for it. Then again I am so bored if I had the cash right now, i'd buy it just to have something newish to play, even though its gameplay mechanics have been done to death in many other games. Its up to you, but for now i'd hold off on buying it, better games are on the horizon soonish.

Did trion ever change char creation so that everyone isin't just a carbon copy of each other? or is it still those ugly as fuck crappy looking playing models? It was like this in beta, wondering if it changes, because that was the first major turn off I had with the game before I ever started actually playing it.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by xmenty

Just wait for the box price to go down and other players feedback in a month or two.

This is good advice for any mmo, its best to wait about 2 months to see if the game is growing or if it crashed and burned. If people waited 2 months before buying swtor for example, or the secret world, they would have relized they sucked/weren't any good and are crashing and burning and saved their money. Though isin't defiance buy 2 play? If so it may be worth buying, since if it is bad, you can just take a break and go back in with no need to worry about having to pay a sub.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• DartmedDartmed Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by xmenty

My personal expirience from the beta was not so good , I found the game linear and kinda boring with too much pending on the TV show involvement . I think the above statement is the best one to follow. 

And in general I think if we gamers stop bying on the spot everything that comes out fresh but instead do some research frist the world would be a better place ... (Well the gaming world at least :P)

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Am concerned about the Bit store.
  • doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Honestly? It's fairly mediocre imo. However, I'm bored and have spare income. So it's something to do. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• cm01cm01 Member Posts: 47
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Precusor
    Am concerned about the Bit store.

How exactly? Worried if it's P2W? It isn't, at least not for now. So far all you can get are vehicles that alreasy exist in the game, just with different paint jobs. Outfits or clothing which have no stats, your defence comes from a shield item. Boosts in the form of extra inventory slots, or increases to xp / money etc, but they also do ones that work not only for you but for your whole group and they're only 10% boosts so not game breaking. The game isn't level based anyway so advanced xp gain doesn't really open a power gap up like in a traditional MMO. It just doesn't work that way.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by quotheraving

"Its the most crap game I ever seen."

Hyperbole ofc, there's some totally unplayable games out there, but this is not a good game by any means.

In my opinion It is simply horrible!

For the first time in any MMO I found myself actually disgusted with how awful it is. ... Disgusted enough to want to tell random people!

From the grotesque menu system to the dated and ugly graphics and not forgetting the near total lack of character customization options this is a total steaming pile of canine excrement that I not only had the bad fortune to step in but paid through the nose for the privilege of doing so.

No really, tell us what you really think of it.