Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO has the best and worst community?

Comments

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Best: guild wars 1&2

Worst: WoW
  • Acapella75Acapella75 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Dont think Mobas count since they arent MMOs.  Neither is PoE
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

to me

BEST: LotRO (at least used to be at roleplay), Atlantica (very helpful and nice random ppl)

WORST: runescape (specially at f2p zone)

WoW depends on realm, IMO, can be any of these.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Well I don't know what game has the best or worst nowadays, since most games are pretty much dead.

But my list will mean when the game was at its prime.

SWTOR - Worst(have to agree empire side was extremely childish)

DDO - Best

WoW - Worst(Wins worst by a mile)

EQ - Worst(pretty much was WoW Jr in its heyday)

Rift - Best(never had a problem with people here)

DAoC - Best(best in its heyday but turned elitist once the good people quit)

GW2 - I've recently picked this back up and its a ghost town, so no idea.

Played plenty of other but these stick out. 

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Acapella75

OP said MMO, not MMORPG.

That's any games that is massively multiplayer.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

1. Best: Ultima Online -- Atlantic server

2. Best: Dark Age of Camelot (RolePlay servers Pre-ToA/Old Frontiers)

Having RP servers enforced was awesome!

3. Best: Asheron's Call

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Worse: Star Wars the Old Republic

2. Worse: ShadowBane

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

for me at least

best = was CoH

worse = tera

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

I used to think WoW had the worst community around, but it's pretty good compared to the vile d-bags you find in more recent games.

IMO:

Best: LOTRO (Landroval)

Worst: LoL

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Best: GW2 by far. 

Worst: WoW.

I haven't played TERA very long but I did find some very helpful people there.  Just not the majority.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Originally posted by Acapella75

OP said MMO, not MMORPG.

That's any games that is massively multiplayer.

How is ten people at once a massive amount of players?  Is Mozilla Firefox an MMO because even though it's just me using this browser, millions of other people use the browser too, some to play games?

Seriously, mobas are not massively multiplayer.  They're multiplayer, and a lot of people play the game.  Goldeney 007 on N64 would be an MMO under your definition because it had multiplayer and millions played it.  Seriously wtf lol.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Seriously, mobas are not massively multiplayer.

I agree.  If they were though, LoL's community would be up there for "worst".

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I believe EVE Online has the best player community.  Not because everyone is nice in it, but because not everyone is nice in it.  The community in EVE is the best because they are free to choose how to play, and they play together.  There isn't stupid segregation such as a server select screen or paid expansions.  Those things are arsenic to an MMO community.  The stories that come out of player interaction in the EVE community make headlines around the world on very well known news corporations.  There is no other game that has as strong a community.

Everyone happy and super friends forever nice smiley face doesn't mean the community is very good.  It just means they're cheerful.

Edit:  A faceless mass of players doing the same thing at the same time but without any real interaction is a sign of a terrible community.  This is what Guild Wars 2 has.  It is barely a community at all, but rather a collection of individuals.  I'd rate it at one of the worst.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

Best:  WoW

Worst:  WoW

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Edit:  A faceless mass of players doing the same thing at the same time but without any real interaction is a sign of a terrible community.  This is what Guild Wars 2 has.  It is barely a community at all, but rather a collection of individuals.  I'd rate it at one of the worst.

I would quibble over whether that even qualifies as a community in the first place.  Which raises a question:  is "no community at all" worse than "community consisting entirely of miserable asshats"?

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Everyone knows HoN has the largest gathering of douschebags in the universe, nothing can beat the retardation and just plain stupidity you have to deal with when playing HoN.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

WoW was bad.

FFXI was good.

Everything else - good and bad folks.  Some people made my day.  Some went out of their way to ruin my day.   I don't buy that children in games cause all havoc.  I met worse "adults" and great friendly pro community kids.  Don't judge the youth so quickly.

I think you can design a game so the players don't go at each other's throats.  You just have to make it very entertaining. 

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    City of Heroes was best for me.  RIP.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• pmw4friendpmw4friend Member Posts: 63
    Well I like Aion online, Tera, elsword, runescape, rune of magic
    best Aion online
    Worst rune of magic
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Tera has the worst. WoW probably the best due to it's longevity.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    I think we can all agree that City of Heroes had the best community while it was up.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

BEST: Guild Wars 2

Always helping people,some people just join your party to help in whatever u are doing.No ninjas,no gearscore... help that a lot...

WORST: WoW

Too elitist. Most players are up only for super-sonic runs in any dungeon,and if you can´t keep the pace you get insulted "noooooooob"  & kicked out easily.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Best: Lotro and Darkfall

Worst: whatever is currently flavour of the month

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

Best:  Istaria (Horizons)  I've never experienced a community as friendly and helpful.  The community there was stellar.  Just wish I enjoyed the game more.

Worst: WoW (at least back in the early days when I first experienced it)  After having played EQ, EQ2, SWG, and DAOC, the chat in WoW was a bit of a shocker.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Cherise

Best:  Istaria (Horizons)  I've never experienced a community as friendly and helpful.  The community there was stellar.  Just wish I enjoyed the game more.

Worst: WoW (at least back in the early days when I first experienced it)  After having played EQ, EQ2, SWG, and DAOC, the chat in WoW was a bit of a shocker.

Barrens chat, am I right?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    of the current mmo's out TERA is probably the worst or tied for the worst.