Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April Fools?

AdrenAdren Member UncommonPosts: 69
so what if everyone that is playing now gets April fooled in a couple of hours and gets wiped...(hater) i cant play until tomorrow cuz i preordered from gamestop..so im praying for a april fools by trion atm lol cuz i was hoping to get a certain name when i start playing lol.

Comments

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Feel soo good, Game has ran as solid as i've come to expect from Trion, I for see the smoothest mmo launch in history tomorrow unless they vastly sold more numbers than anyone else was expecting.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

What? So the character I made around midnight (9 hours ago) are wiped when I get back home?

Not catastrophic... Just a little bit silly imo.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    They should just delete the entire game and claim it was a giant lead into April Fools day, that would be epic. Would also save them the hassle of joining the crowded mmo graveyard of 2013.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Adren
    so what if everyone that is playing now gets April fooled in a couple of hours and gets wiped...(hater) i cant play until tomorrow cuz i preordered from gamestop..so im praying for a april fools by trion atm lol cuz i was hoping to get a certain name when i start playing lol.

Nice wishful thinking haha.  Anyways, I hope you pre-ordered from Gamestop for a console version, and not PC.  If you didn't pre-order through Steam for PC you missed out on a massive amount of free bonuses.  Heck, the only thing you need from gamestop anyways would be CD keys, the disc would be useless anyways.  Not sure why it'd be worth it at all for PC then.

Anyways, see you in game whenever you can :)

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Nice wishful thinking haha.  Anyways, I hope you pre-ordered from Gamestop for a console version, and not PC.  If you didn't pre-order through Steam for PC you missed out on a massive amount of free bonuses.  Heck, the only thing you need from gamestop anyways would be CD keys, the disc would be useless anyways.  Not sure why it'd be worth it at all for PC then.

Yeah a friend of mine assured me I would get the same bonusses from GMG for some reason.

Well, at least I got deluxe edition for 50€ instead of 70€. I can buy the extra spaces cheaper.  But I got no challenger :(

Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Yeah a friend of mine assured me I would get the same bonusses from GMG for some reason.

Well, at least I got deluxe edition for 50€ instead of 70€. I can buy the extra spaces cheaper.  But I got no challenger :(

The challenger was a pre-order bonus.

Steam had a seperate CD Key come today for the extra steam exclusive tiers.  They included multiple vehicles, titles, a copy of Rift and Rift Storm Legion, multiple weapons, extra inventory space, a free lockbox with a coupel random items immediately, etc.  It was a bunch of stuff for no extra cost, just for having pre-ordered on Steam.  The normal pre-order bonuses were given as well, such as inventory, title, weapons, dodge challenger and so on.

I know that the Challenger was a pre order bonus. I pre ordered at GMG.
  • sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    I preordered from ebgames in australia, I cannot get my box until the 11th of april. Stupid decision to have a later launch date here 
    That sucks. Didn't you know it before ordering?
  • sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    That sucks. Didn't you know it before ordering?

I preordered mine before a release date was officially set last year 

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    It was stated on the official forums yesterday evening that although some people were able to play early, it was so they could carry out some final testing and that it WAS possible that they might have to wipe the data before the official launch time. Since I haven't seen howls of anguish from the forums, I guess it never happened ...............
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    They should just delete the entire game and claim it was a giant lead into April Fools day, that would be epic. Would also save them the hassle of joining the crowded mmo graveyard of 2013.

I bet it really eats you up that the world doesnt revolve around you and your petty views.

Originally posted by Asheram

I bet it really eats you up that the world doesnt revolve around you and your petty views.

You know. If he does not enjoy it. No one can.

So why just not trashbin a game if Sir. Jimmy is not going to approve the game?

Originally posted by Asheram

You know. If he does not enjoy it. No one can.

So why just not trashbin a game if Sir. Jimmy is not going to approve the game?

It's the developers fault, really.  They should seek his approval before developing or releasing any game.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Tons of players being locked out of the game because Trion sent various retailers only a pre-order-key and no actual game key is indeed April fools, but not of the good kind. How the f did they not notice this ?
    Originally posted by Amegashie
    Tons of players being locked out of the game because Trion sent various retailers only a pre-order-key and no actual game key is indeed April fools, but not of the good kind. How the f did they not notice this ?

So people did only get the key for the preorder stuff but not the game itself?

Ouch that's bad.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

Ouch that's bad.

Yep. And not a single word by Trion themselves on the issue yet...They could easily calm the storms by just giving people with the pre order keys registered temporary access to the game until the actual game keys are sent out, but appearantly they're trying to just sit it out and do nothing.

• AdrenAdren Member UncommonPosts: 69
    i kinda figured they wasnt gonna do a wipe anyways...was just angry at myself for buying it from a store then from steam or off the site..anyways i get my copy in a couple of hours for pc...see u all in game

Ouch that's bad.

Yep. And not a single word by Trion themselves on the issue yet...They could easily calm the storms by just giving people with the pre order keys registered temporary access to the game until the actual game keys are sent out, but appearantly they're trying to just sit it out and do nothing.

I think they are working hard on the problems. Would be bad to ignore it.

• pmw4friendpmw4friend Member Posts: 63
    They are most likely looking for a way to solve this problem before saying something